Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    killersting is offline New Member

Do steroids really help?

A guy told me that he had been lifting weights for 5 years and went from 155 to 200lbs. He then said he starting juicing over another 5 year period and only added 15-20lbs of solid muscle. 15 to 20 lbs of muscle after 5 years of juicing?

Going with the highest number (20lbs) that's only a gain of about 0.3lbs per month. After lifting for 5 years naturally I'm sure he was experienced enough to know how to diet properly, and he told me he ate in a way for "clean gains", or to add as little body fat as possible. This means that he was only seeing about a 1 lb gain every 4 months while injecting steroids .

Why would anybody continue to spend hundreds of dollars on juice and SERMS to make such little gains? Over a 5 year period he would have spent thousands. Couldn't that be made without steroids?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    You can only get so big naturally. And after you get so big steroids can only add it so fast. If it was easy or fast why wouldnt everyone look like a pro. Steroids arent majic
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

cebby1985 is offline Associate Member
    Theyre a joke. Thats why ronnie coleman only uses cell tech and cell mass to bulk and hydroxycut for contest prep

Devil_Doc is offline Associate Member
    Dude, maintaining half of your gains after PCT is a successful cycle. that being said, just because you gain 20 lb doesnt mean thats on cycle. and most of that has to do with the diet. you dont keep increasing your not going to grow as quickly. also, remember the term cycle, that means that its a bulk usually a cut then recycle. now, also take into consideration that you lose some muscle whenever your cutting, due to dietary constraints and such. 20 LBs of actual MUSCLE weight isnt bad. 20 lb of overall weight would depend on BF before and after.

And after 6 months and seeing only a 2 lbs gain, who in their right mind would be encouraged to shovel out hundreds of more dollars after not seeing real results?

"Maintaining half your gains"? Dude, he only gained 0.3lbs after his first cycle. 1lb at the most.
    Last edited by killersting; 04-10-2012 at 08:12 AM.

I'm starting to actually think steroids is a joke if this guys story is true. I'd simply change my diet and workout routine and settle for an additional 1 to 2lbs per year naturally.

20lbs of muscle sounds good. But having to wait until after 5 years? Sounds pretty worthless.

Devil_Doc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cebby1985 View Post
    Theyre a joke. Thats why ronnie coleman only uses cell tech and cell mass to bulk and hydroxycut for contest prep

Please enlighten me a bit more lol. You said it's a success to maintain half your gains after a cycle. Well half of 0.3 lbs is what? How would he even be able to calculate that? He would have to have only gained 0.6lb and kept half after juicing? lol That sounds crazy. After one year of what... 3 or 4 cycles he only gained 4 lbs of muscle? Sounds ridiculous.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killersting View Post
    20lbs of muscle sounds good. But having to wait until after 5 years? Sounds pretty worthless.
    I've never done a cycle of steroids . But to be able to put on 20 lbs of just muscle after you have reached somewhat of your peak sounds pretty good to me. 20 lbs of solid muscle would put me on target with my goal LBM I set over 10 years ago. It won't be achieved naturally for me, plan to do my first cycle end of year or beginning of next year once bf is down.

But if you want to be absolutely massive you will need many drug compounds and yeah it will take time. And you might want to eat more than the guy you are talking about did and not worry as much about fat, high doses of steroids, insulin , growth hormone , all kinds of crazy drugs you would have to be an expert at and doctor supervision to really do it safely imo.

best troll today

Why do you call me a troll?

Youre using one person to judge an entirr sport of bbing, powerlifting and every other competitive sport in the world. Ever think your hero maybe didnt cycle right or eat right?

If everyone gained and kept 20lbs in one cycle and we did one cycle per yr wed be 100lbs heavier. its not an endlese cycle of getting huge or we all would be 600lbs w 3% bf

V-ROID is offline Member
    Thanks to OP I for one am convinced this whole steroids thing is a sham and I just flushed everything.

When you say this guy was juicing for 5 years, do you mean Jack LaLanne style?

After 6 months and 2 cycles I've only seen a 2lb jump, regardless of what my diet looks like, I would have absolutely no encouragement to keep dumping hundreds of dollars on juice. That sounds totally retarded. Here I am sticking myself, spending lots of money, 6 months has passed, and I've only gone from 200 to 202? I would not have seen anything that would make me continue.

im 600lbs 3% bf

best thing about cycling is loading your pins and jabbing,

when im off gear i pin b12 so i can still jab myself all the time and play with barrels and pins.

How could he have been ignorant about dieting after 5 years of experience? I don't buy that. I've always heard you make your most gains after the first cycle and the rest is slower (around 6 to 8 lbs per year). To gain 2 lbs every 6 months naturally is cool. 2 lbs every 6 months on the juice is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by killersting
    After 6 months and 2 cycles I've only seen a 2lb jump, regardless of what my diet looks like, I would have absolutely no encouragement to keep dumping hundreds of dollars on juice. That sounds totally retarded. Here I am sticking myself, spending lots of money, 6 months has passed, and I've only gone from 200 to 202? I would not have seen anything that would make me continue.
    Sorry to hear that your diet and or workout ethic sucks or your gear junk.

He's not my hero, dude. I don't even know this guy. He's a guy who works out at my gym and I saw him in foot locker and heard this story. If I was on any natural supplement, like t-bomb or something, and gained 2 lbs after 6 months I would credit it to a placebo effect that got me to tighten my diet and work harder. I would stop spending money on that crap. But JUICE? That's a LOT more money. I would no doubt stop purchasing it.

only thing worse then gaining 2lbs, is spending 20k on food, supps and gear in a year and placing in a comp and getting a tub of protein powder and a t shirt that makes me look like a race car,

killersting is right, im go play world of warcraft and stop lifting.

It's not MINE it's HIS. I've never done steroids . But your conclusion is that his diet and or workout sucked or his gear was junk. THAT'S THE RESPONSE I WAS LOOKING FOR. THANK YOU!

update:

My nightelf druid is level 3, ding!

ironiclly im named killerstingg

dumbtoad is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybycookiesandcake
    Bwahahaha!

sigh.......
    Last edited by killersting; 04-10-2012 at 08:43 AM.

He's not my hero, dude. I don't even know this guy. He's a guy who works out at my gym and I saw him in foot locker and heard this story. If I was on any natural supplement, like t-bomb or something, and gained 2 lbs after 6 months I would credit it to a placebo effect that got me to tighten my diet and work harder. I would stop spending money on that crap. But JUICE? That's a LOT more money. I would no doubt stop purchasing it.
    Don't believe every story you hear. The guy is obviously completely full of crap, has no clue what he was doing, bought bunk gear or a combination of all those. Steroids work. They work very well when used correctly.

Not sure what you mean by your comments but I'm looking for feedback as to why juice would be worth the money if you're only seeing a 1 lb gain every three months. IF that's a sign of a flaw in his diet, workouts, or gear, then I'm again looking for possible mistakes. I'm not an anti steroid troll. I asked him about it because I was thinking about using it but his story made me see it as not worth the investment.
    There's hundreds of stories on here of success with aas. The guy was doing something horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bodybycookiesandcake View Post
    Not sure what you mean by your comments but I'm looking for feedback as to why juice would be worth the money if you're only seeing a 1 lb gain every three months. IF that's a sign of a flaw in his diet, workouts, or gear, then I'm again looking for possible mistakes. I'm not an anti steroid troll. I asked him about it because I was thinking about using it but his story made me see it as not worth the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbtoad View Post
    There's hundreds of stories on here of success with aas. The guy was doing something horribly wrong.
    Based on things I read before hearing his story I thought the same thing... that he was doing something terribly wrong but I didn't want to tell him that. I made this thread to see if I was the only person who thinks he was doing something very wrong.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

It wouldnt and you are going by a one case senario of someone who clearly had no clue what they are doing or what a proper diet is.

Do you know his diet? Do you know what type of Steroids he was using because there are many different types? Do you know how much he was using because that makes a HUGE difference also? There are a LOT of us here who are on TRT or HRT meaning we take steroids (Testosterone ) because our bodies do not produce enough but it's only enough to replace what it should be and it via legal prescription.

Your statement is to vague and you dont know enough facts to make a judgment and fail to see that most of us are laughing at your expenses due to the ideological question. Have you even though your question through to see if it makes sense? I hope not.

Based on things I read before hearing his story I thought the same thing... that he was doing something terribly wrong but I didn't want to tell him that. I made this thread to see if I was the only person who thinks he was doing something very wrong.
    I've told a few people they are idiots, this guy seems like one too. I have a friend right now that is cycling and barely works out, moronic imo. I personally don't have money to flush down the toilet, but hell, to each their own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbtoad View Post
    Don't believe every story you hear. The guy is obviously completely full of crap, has no clue what he was doing, bought bunk gear or a combination of all those. Steroids work. They work very well when used correctly.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. What he told me was not in line with what I've always read about gains made, not only in the first year, but the first CYCLE.

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Steroids are total bs, might as well just use cell tech.

I mean, how can they work? I gained 10Lbs. Of lean muscle in a month, they don't do shit. I want my money back.

You are no troll, but they are real. Real as it gets.

People call it juicing for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

It wouldnt and you are going by a one case senario of someone who clearly had no clue what they are doing or what a proper diet is.

Do you know his diet? Do you know what type of Steroids he was using because there are many different types? Do you know how much he was using because that makes a HUGE difference also? There are a LOT of us here who are on TRT or HRT meaning we take steroids (Testosterone ) because our bodies do not produce enough but it's only enough to replace what it should be and it via legal prescription.

Your statement is to vague and you dont know enough facts to make a judgment and fail to see that most of us are laughing at your expenses due to the ideological question. Have you even though your question through to see if it makes sense? I hope not.
    I understand that people like you jump at any opportunity to sound intellectually superior - in this case being sarcastic - but there is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. Simply state that the guy didn't know what he was doing OR that you don't have enough information on the guys activities to answer the question. The way many of you get pissy really makes you look sensitive to people who you THINK may be ridiculing you for juicing and it's pathetic.

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    People on here do get hissy over miss-information. But, I understand. This is serious shit.

lilarny is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VEGAN-O-ROID View Post
    Thanks to OP I for one am convinced this whole steroids thing is a sham and I just flushed everything.

When you say this guy was juicing for 5 years, do you mean Jack LaLanne style?
    Best response ever!!! Jack lalane style, too funny

C-BuZz is offline Junior Member
    I understand that people like you jump at any opportunity to sound intellectually superior - in this case being sarcastic - but there is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. Simply state that the guy didn't know what he was doing OR that you don't have enough information on the guys activities to answer the question. The way many of you get pissy really makes you look sensitive to people who you THINK may be ridiculing you for juicing and it's pathetic.
    Bro, look around at some of the stories on here & stop being so naive. If he's only gaining .6lb's a month on a cycle then yeah, he's doin it VERY wrong.

1000_DaysAsTheLion is offline Junior Member
    u dont know what he ran or how long or his pct protocol or if anything went wrong, or how many cycles etc. etc.

ill be honest i have coke head buddy's that do 500 a week sustanon , and eat dbol , abombs or anavar . they are at the club every night, drink and do drugs like no tomorrow and idolize tony Montana, they dont work out. They gain size every week and have for some time. They will never been lean chiseled god look alikes. but they grow. When you are anabolic ... u grow. 2 lbs in 6 months is easy as eating 1 extra egg a day,

be honest with us and yourself, your bro is really you. You got two bottles of fake dbol and phormones , u jump around routines every month trying to find the "best" U dont know what pct is. You work out in a community centre and the 21 year old short kid that can bench 225lbs for 3 with two spotters suggest you get on a cycle of anadrol 50 for 3 months... U red rocket got hard at the idea and since that talk at 7:45pm tuesday night you think u are a steriod expert cause you loged on the meso drug profiles and found info no one else has access to.

U ask yourself "why are these guys dicks?" look at every page going back 20 pages and look at the amount of same shit as what you posted every day, every hour. Now do teh same for the top 5 steriod forums on the internet and you will start to see a trend.

Start over, make friends on here. set a 5 year plan for yoru training. learn and learn and learn a bit more. find a source that will hook u up. buy everything at once for 12 weeks plus 4 weeks pct. budget for 300.00 a week on food, maybe you can hit your target on 75 a week, but be realistic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information