Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Everybody is different, if your girl went ballistic....then bottom line is she will never be cool with it! She will always hold against you in some way, shape, or fashion. If my wife said she was ballistic, then i wouldn't do it. My relationship with her comes first. I'm generally 99% honest with my wife, but I'm no fu cking angel :-) I think you have your answer dude, u could plead, fanagle and try to convince her, or just hide it dude....good luck dude, what ever you decide.

swm1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman
    A wise man once said "If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong".

I thought I was keeping my first cycle a secret from my wife until the subject of steroids randomly came up one day, I think it was b/c of a news story or something on tv. She made a comment about me being on steroids and I was like wtf why would you say/think that? Her response was basically that she's not stupid but I was stupid for thinking she wouldn't be able to tell.
    I was 35 years old and two cycles in when I met my beautiful wife. She was ten year younger then I was and she was naive due to this to a certain degree. She never suspected I was using. Someone once said something to her about me possibly using gear and she got pissed off and defended me. I was 35 y/o. 5'10" tall. And a lean 235-240lbs. There are very few people in this world (if any) that can naturally attain this level of development. There really aren't that many gear users that reach that level due to lack of knowledge and commitment to put their all into this lifestyle.

When she found out (found my stash) she was shocked, but understanding and realized I'm an adult and I utilize these substances to better myself. A lot of people kill themselves slowly by smoking or drinking their lives away. I made a commitment to myself to never again look in the mirror and be disgusted by what I saw staring back at me in the mirror.

It's been a hell of a ride. 30 years old, over weight (280lbs) smoker drug abuser going thru the early stages of a prolonged divorce. Cardio and strict dieted down to a lean 180 in 12 months. Hit the gym at 31 and made it to 210lbs natural by 34. 30lbs natural in 3 years. Diet and discipline is more important then the gear. Knowing my history and everything I've given of myself to turn my life around there is No way she would look me in the eye and tell me to come off and just settle for being an average 40y/o man accepting what age has in store for me.

I have a sexy 30 year young wife and I plan on looking the part of her husband for many years to come. Not going to be one of those guys everyone assumes has money and that is the only way he landed such a hot wife. I am her equal in every way. But damnit I want to look it too.

OP's wife might not care about her husbands looks and condition. But just because she doesn't shouldn't mean she dismisses his thoughts if he has issues with his current state. There is a personal reason this guy is considering taking this step. As his life partner she should at least make an effort to listen and try to understand what it was that brought him to consider this as an option. I think that is only fair considering he paused and considered her and her reaction before he made his first move.

Food for thought. Gonna finish breakfast and get to work. Good luck with all of this OP.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Guys, I just a couple days ago told my girl about my gear use.

I felt for a long time like I was living a double life. I felt ashamed. Not that I was doing gear, but that I was holding it from her. But I was afraid. There is so much negative hype about gear going on in the media, that I was afraid she's going to think that I'm going to either drop dead before I'm 40, or that I'm going to go roid rage all over her. I mean, any information I can draw up isn't going to convince her to change her mind.

Well to put a long story short, she was actually really understanding of it. I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders now because I'm not holding anything from her. I told her if she just says one time she doesn't want me on gear, it's all going in the dumpster. She hasn't asked that. I tell you guys what, there is a lot of risk in being honest, but at the end of the day, you can sleep a lot easier at night.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My wife is cool with it though she did just recently ask me to stop getting bigger lol. She is only 110lbs but I guess I am about 250% of her.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Tim,
    Sorry to hear she lost it man, however I don't think you went about it in the most effective way IMO. I don't know your wife or relationship, so this is just speculation of course.
    When a woman sees something like that their mind goes crazy n wanders in many diff directions and I'm sure every bad thing she's ever heard all rushed to her mind.

You may want to ask her to do you a big favor and just sit down and watch a documentary with you.
    Pop in Bigger, Stronger, Faster and just take in all the info. This helped with my gf tremendously because it's all medically correct info from some world class dr's along with gov't officials and even people on the Olympic committee. Me telling her something was ehh.. but to see studies and have dr's say it made it that much more powerful.
    Just my .02
    Good luck

DGHGM is offline Junior Member
    Sorry it didn't go so well for you Tim.

You need to find out why she's so scared of the thought of you using AAS because her fear of them, however rational or irrational, is what has led her to react this way. I know I made it sound in one of my earlier posts that my missus was instantly cool with it but that's not 100% true, she did have a few questions that needed to be answered before I got her blessing. These were her fears, mostly about where my gear and hardware were coming from, and once they were appeased she had no further objections. I have the advantage of my partner working in the medical community so she's well aware of how over-hyped the negative effects of AAS are in the media.

She works with people everyday who's lives have been destroyed by alcohol, narcotics, smoking, car crashes and work place accidents. Not steroids . We've known each other for 8 years and I've used AAS on and off for 7 of those years and not once has she said to me "had a guy come in to the hospital today who had XXX happen to him because of steroids". And believe me, if it had happened I would hear all about it.

Gather as much info on AAS as you can so she can make up her own mind and make it all neutral information, stay away from the "pro" and "anti" AAS sites/studies because they will both work against you. Good luck mate.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman
    A wise man once said "If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong".

I thought I was keeping my first cycle a secret from my wife until the subject of steroids randomly came up one day, I think it was b/c of a news story or something on tv. She made a comment about me being on steroids and I was like wtf why would you say/think that? Her response was basically that she's not stupid but I was stupid for thinking she wouldn't be able to tell.
    This.. Same deal with my mrs.. And my doctor.. And my work mates.. I thought it was all a big secret but I guess it's pretty damn hard to hide.. I still say no however..

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by devestating View Post
    its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission...
    Better hope your girl doesn't subscribe to that same philosophy.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas

Better hope your girl doesn't subscribe to that same philosophy.
    Lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information