Thread: Shoulder pump

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    capetown is offline Senior Member

Shoulder pump

Having a really hard time with shoulder pumps for the last week or do. My shoulders are pumping out to the point where i am standing in the gym elevating my arms because I cant take the pump. This is Happening not only on shoulder day. Effects my workout because Im ending early because of the extreme muscle is done feeling. Any advice?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Yea I get the same thing sometimes.. are you sure its a pump and not you irritating your rotator cuff? Be careful with that..

Try getting Taurine.. may help.

No, 100 percent pump. Both shoulders. Feels like i just Destroyed them in a workout. As soon as I raise them or grab the top of the squat rack, it feels so much better.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    I know exactly what you mean. I look like I'm trying to climb the damn wall on shoulder day.. find a wall or a machine and prop the arms up.. lol.. yea try taurine, it may help. It helped me with lower back pumps.. I just got some a couple days ago - haven't done shoulders yet.

godawgs50 is offline New Member
    I just posted a similar thread in the HRT section because I am having some similar issues with pump like soreness in every bodypart I train! Im hoping some vets on here have been through the same experience and can provide some advice on how to combat the soreness cause it is seriously starting to hinder my workouts. I feel you on the "squat rack grab"...I'm starting to feel like my workouts are 1/2 working out and half stretching so I can actually perform my next set!

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I stretch after a 10 min cardio warm up and more after the first very light warm up sets, I believe and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, it is not good to stretch when you have already gone heavier and are pumped up.

Im just grabbing the squat rack to get the blood out of my shoulders.lol. Just finished a chest workout and with a little adjusment I finished the workout with no shoulder issues.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    I believe and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, it is not good to stretch when you have already gone heavier and are pumped up.

You think so?

I don't know, but it makes me feel better when I stretch a little between heavy sets.

guitario is offline Associate Member
    Static stretching is bad for you anyway with regards to performance and risk of injury. It only has a place when increasing flexibility when you are nowhere near the gym. The sports world is turning to dynamic stretching these days as that can help performance.

I get the same with shoulders also. I walk home from the gym folding my arms because it hurts to let them hang there.. I must look a right fool.

Thread Information