Wolv256 is offline Associate Member

12 week or 8 week cycle?

Which do you recommend, a 12 week or an 8 week cycle? I originally heard 12, but then hearing 8 from some. I know there is disagreement, just asking for some opinions from more experienced people. Thinking 500 mg test/week. Plus proper ancillaries (Arimidex and HCG during) and PCT (Nolva and Clomid) after. First time user, experienced lifter, Age 31, 200 lbs, height 6'-2", BF: unknown, but not high, around 10-12%. Don't want to get bodybuilder huge, just improve.
    Last edited by Wolv256; 06-11-2012 at 05:22 PM.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you're running Test E/C I would extend to 12 weeks.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Bf%? Height?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolv256 View Post
    Which do you recommend, a 12 week or an 8 week cycle? I originally heard 12, but then hearing 8 from some. I know there is disagreement, just asking for some opinions from more experienced people. Thinking 500 mg test/week. Plus proper ancillaries (Arimidex and HCG during) and PCT (Nolva and Clomid) after. First time user, experienced lifter, Age 31, 200 lbs. Don't want to get bodybuilder huge, just improve.
    Since your a 1st time user I would rather see you run a solid 8 weeks and see how that treats you. Maybe next cycle you can bump up to 10-12 week cycles if you want.

Gronkowski is offline Associate Member
    I'm not expert, but I'd say run until gains come to a halt. Your first few cycles usually have the most gains. Plus you will get used to pinning , pct all that other stuff.

Wolv256 is offline Associate Member
    Does test Prop vs test E or C matter? I've heard people say 8 with Prop and 12 with E/C, but I don't understand why this would be. I know prop is processed much quicker, but then it would be out of you quicker. No matter when you process it, in the end it will be the same amount if test. You can start your PCT sooner with prop, but I don't get why the cycle length would be different.

My plan would be 12 weeks of prop unless someone could convince me otherwise. Gonna start in about 2 months. Got a couple of weddings to go to that I gotta drink at before then and want to do the cycle clean and right.
    Last edited by Wolv256; 06-11-2012 at 05:44 PM.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolv256 View Post
    Does test Prop vs test E or C matter? I've heard people say 8 with Prop and 12 with E/C, but I don't understand why this would be. I know prop is processed much quicker, but then it would be out of you quicker. No matter when you process it, in the end it will be the same amount if test. You can start your PCT sooner with prop, but I don't get why the cycle length would be different.

My plan would be 12 weeks of prop unless someone could convince me otherwise. Gonna start in about 2 months. Got a couple of weddings to go to that I gotta drink at before then and want to do the cycle clean and right.
    Test E/C are long esters so 8 weeks would be short and you wouldn't be getting most out of your cycle. I've known people that generally run prop anywhere from 6-10 weeks. I don't see an issue with running prop for 12 weeks if you don't mind pinning ED or EOD. Might as well get Test E/C if you're doing 12 weeks, then you don't have to pin so often...

It all depends on the individual.

stpete is offline Banned
    Just in regards to pinning, i suggest the longer ester for your first time. I don't mind the injections most of the time and i have several cycles under my belt, but they do get old sometimes. Just something to think about.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    shorter cycles are ideal, easy to recover from.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    put me in the long ester 12 wk club for first time user.

save the short esters for another day. in fact, your next cycle likely will include prop and enth/cyp and will end in prop only once you experience the long ester, and gain more knowledge on prop and learn to take advantage of it on cycles.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i find prop to be too painful to train on. IMO its dangerous because it also swells the muscle more and makes it contract different. I had a small distal bicep tendon tear doing shrugs the day after a prop bicep injection. Prop also gives more significant test flu, i can almost guarentee it when i use it. Though any ester has been guilty of this, none more so than prop. If you research, the propionate ester is of a bacteria origin.
    I also cant use sustanon because it contains prop

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It can take 6 weeks for c/e to be in full swing. So you have what 2 weeks to build any new actual muscle tissue that can be maintained after the cycle is over? IMO 8 weeks is always a waste of time. It's long enough to shut you down but not long enough to build hardly any new muscle tissue.
    When you first get on you muscles start to fill out, you will gain weight, look bigger, and be stronger. This is all temporary, the AAS doing what it does. Once your stuff is all working you have to build new muscle tissue with a good diet and solid training. This new tissue can be maintained after,your cycle is over.

I hope you have a good diet planned and checked out by someone that knows what they are doing. Otherwise your wasting your time and money.

Thread Information