DAAS is offline Senior Member

Question regarding increased protein synthesis and brain function

So obviously one of the most common reasons AAS' are used is the increase in protein synthesis, that provides faster muscle gains.

My question is regarding other amino acids that play a large role in brain activity. IE, Phenylalanine, tryptophan ect.ect.

Will these aminos be more readily available and easily used by the brain while on AAS therefor increasing the supplements effectiveness?

FOr example if I where to go by some 5-htp and use it while on AAS, would the brain use the supplement better, or is protein synthesis only increased for the muscles.

I hope im making sense on what I am trying to ask.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    don't think so, the brain barrier is a major block to being able to "push" nutrients and substances into the brain itself, but others will know more.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

PowerHouse1900 is offline Associate Member
    AAS wont increase your brains desire for or ability to absorb amino acids. However, if you are increasing your protein intake your brain will have more exposure to amino acids. For instance, I slept through my entire first cycle because I was drinking 6 protien shakes a day. I finally realized it was all the tryptophan.

Thread Information