curioususer is offline Junior Member

What are the benefits for having DECA?

I'm seeing a lot of people in this forum stacking DECA with Test C/E orTren. What are the benefits for having them?

DanB is offline Banned
    http://www.steroid.com/Deca-Durabolin.php

Generally speaking test should be the base of most cycles, especially one which will shut you down as hard as a 19nor

curioususer is offline Junior Member
    Im wondering why TRT doctors doesn't prescribe DECA along with Test Cyp?

DanB is offline Banned
    It is possible to be perscribed deca but TRT stands for Testosterone Replacement Therapy so why would deca be added to the equation if its only TRT?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by curioususer View Post
    It often is not needed. TRT is used to provide proper testosterone levels . Synthetic Testosterone does this fine on its own.

Sometimes Deca will be prescribed in low doses for joint lubrication

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    great for collagen regeneration/synthesis & synovial fluid increase

stpete is offline Banned
    Deca is great for strength increases. As for joint lubrication, that's still up in the air to me. I cycled deca 18 months ago w/some other compounds and it didn't do squat. But deca did help in the past when running it w/test alone. I will be running 600-800mgs of deca w/test in my next cycle in 3 weeks. I'm also stopping the use of creatine, glutamine and ibuprofen in the attempt to see if deca really does help in this area. My test dosage will be minimal. Will post in the appropriate forum when cycle starts.

papa-g is offline Member
    I've heard of it being great for joints as well. But I have no experience with it my self. My step brother used it. With test about 10 years ago and lived it.

My 2¢

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    for me it was a bitter sweet relationship i have with deca

it helps improve movement and joint issues, plus stacks nicely with test giving decent results at a low dose (300mg/week)

but....
    i'm still struggling with some sides us gentlemen prefer not to admit to in the bedroom. it's getting better though...

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I will admit that it is great for bulk, and the strength gains are pretty good. Can't speak for the joint effects, since I don't have joint issues. Other than that, its my least favorite compound. It gave me bad acne and gyno at just 300mg.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I used NPP and found it great for my joints.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by curioususer View Post
    deca is used medically for old, frail, osteoporotic or cancer patients. its not used for trt bcos it's not a naturally occurring hormone and hence there is no need to "replace" it.

and for medical uses, it's dosed at a measly 25mg/ml. nothing much to shout about at all.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    When i asked my endo what i could take to rid joint pain from the Test U I am taking he recommended Deca , I say why Deca? Doctor says Deca increases bone cushioning collagen.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    When i asked my endo what i could take to rid joint pain from the Test U I am taking he recommended Deca, I say why Deca? Doctor says Deca increases bone cushioning collagen.
    I may have to bring it up to my endo next visit but he seems limited knowledge even the test for HRT believe it or not. Maybe I will be surprised, that would be nice.

AD
    most docs would just give your glucosamine or NSAIDs if you complain of joint pains.

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    most docs would just give your glucosamine or NSAIDs if you complain of joint pains.
    Agreed but I keep forgetting not everyone is the same and dont go into details about mine. Not typical age related or just a little stiff/sore. Multiple injuries, surgeries, permanent and recorded damage etc. lol

I am using and have for years teh glucosamine, MSN and many other things including anti inflammatory and pain meds. Sometimes they are a necessary evil.

ExSciGuy is offline Junior Member
    It's funny you guys are saying you liked deca for strength. For some reason when I was running it with test e my body had the best look and most mass ever but the strength really seemed to be lacking for me.

ExSciGuy is offline Junior Member
    Well, lacking as opposed to other cycles anyway.

slimpickings is offline New Member
    So deca actually does help rebuild joint tissues? Not just lubricant them correct?

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I may have to bring it up to my endo next visit but he seems limited knowledge even the test for HRT believe it or not. Maybe I will be surprised, that would be nice.
    Problem Deca in the western world is primarly used for muscle wasting in Aids patients, so being prescribed it for joint pain most likely wont happen. Here it seems some endo's are more knowledgeful in this area and are willing to lend a hand.

Let me know your outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Problem Deca in the western world is primarly used for muscle wasting in Aids patients, so being prescribed it for joint pain most likely wont happen. Here it seems some endo's are more knowledgeful in this area and are willing to lend a hand.

Let me know your outcome.
    Yeah Im guessing probably not and I dont think I want to fake like I have Aids... lol
    Ill have to see on my next apt, not sure when that is though.

NaturalJohnny is offline Junior Member
    Is it a good idea to stack a small dose of deca along with my weekly TRT dose for joint health? Like indefinitely?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalJohnny View Post
    Is it a good idea to stack a small dose of deca along with my weekly TRT dose for joint health? Like indefinitely?
    It depends on many things such as why you have joint pain, what you have used to try to get rid of them and what your doctor/endo has to say.

I really don't know why I have joint pain. It's in my wrists and elbows. I can only guess it has to do with weightlifting since I never had pain before lifting. I've gone through a bottle of cissus for it and it didn't seem that effective.

What would the long term affects of low dose deca be? Would it even be effective at a low weekly dose?

AD
    I really don't know why I have joint pain. It's in my wrists and elbows. I can only guess it has to do with weightlifting since I never had pain before lifting. I've gone through a bottle of cissus for it and it didn't seem that effective.

What would the long term affects of low dose deca be? Would it even be effective at a low weekly dose?
    have you tried changing your workout? change the angle, change the grip? change posture, elbow, feet placement? or lighten the weight once in a while? wrist straps?

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    have you tried changing your workout? change the angle, change the grip? change posture, elbow, feet placement? or lighten the weight once in a while? wrist straps?
    I've had to avoid certain angles that caused joint pain. For example, I do hammer curls and pullups instead of regular curls and chinups because of pain at my elbow associated with my wrist angle. And skullcrushers are avoided due to wrist pain so I stick to close grip bench or dips for triceps. And heavy benching hurts my wrists and elbows so instead I do lighter weight with a lot more reps.

These pains seem to heal eventually but it takes up to six months or more and then some new pain will develop elsewhere. So I'm just wondering how viable deca is long term. I'm already injecting TRT weekly so why not throw in a 100mg of deca every week?

I'm 36, by the way.

AD
    I've had to avoid certain angles that caused joint pain. For example, I do hammer curls and pullups instead of regular curls and chinups because of pain at my elbow associated with my wrist angle. And skullcrushers are avoided due to wrist pain so I stick to close grip bench or dips for triceps. And heavy benching hurts my wrists and elbows so instead I do lighter weight with a lot more reps.

These pains seem to heal eventually but it takes up to six months or more and then some new pain will develop elsewhere. So I'm just wondering how viable deca is long term. I'm already injecting TRT weekly so why not throw in a 100mg of deca every week?

I'm 36, by the way.
    if the changes you made are working, then just give it time to heal.

but if you really really want to throw in some deca, i suggest you use it only when you blast, and not as a permanent cruise.

Thread Information