Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Need cutting advice for my GF....

Hey guys --- whats the best thing for a female to take for cutting besides ANAVAR ?? My gf is trying to lose about 20 more lbs...and she hit a wall. She cant seem to drop under 130, noi matter what she does. At first I thought it would happen with time - but she hasnt dropped a pound in about 2 months. She is ending an Anavar cycle now --- but she wants to try something else in Oct. -- I have no CLEN experience but someone on here recomended it - and some strippers at my job take it. Is it safe for women? Side effects? Any help would be great....

clowned is offline Junior Member
    Tell her to learn how to count calories and diet correctly. Theres no wall shes hitting. The truth is shes just not consistent and looking for a shortcut. Only use stuff if the plan is to cut down to a fairly low bodyfat %. If the goal is to just lose 20lbs... Losing weight as a whole is extremely easy.. Managing muscle and bodyfat % is where things get harder..

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clowned View Post
    Tell her to learn how to count calories and diet correctly. Theres no wall shes hitting. The truth is shes just not consistent and looking for a shortcut. Only use stuff if the plan is to cut down to a fairly low bodyfat %. If the goal is to just lose 20lbs... Losing weight as a whole is extremely easy.. Managing muscle and bodyfat % is where things get harder..
    I don't know. Some women claim that losing weight is more difficult than for men.

I've always had extremely good success with a very strict Atkins diet. But NOT recommended while lifting!

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalGorilla View Post
    Hey guys --- whats the best thing for a female to take for cutting besides ANAVAR?? My gf is trying to lose about 20 more lbs...and she hit a wall. She cant seem to drop under 130, noi matter what she does. At first I thought it would happen with time - but she hasnt dropped a pound in about 2 months. She is ending an Anavar cycle now --- but she wants to try something else in Oct. -- I have no CLEN experience but someone on here recomended it - and some strippers at my job take it. Is it safe for women? Side effects? Any help would be great....
    I'm going to assume already know what's up in the diet department because of your own incredible weight loss success. I would get her on a 60/20/20 ration of protein/carbs/fat. Her energy level will drop on this diet so there will be an adjustment period and she will have to adjust her works out as well.

Have you calculated her BMR?

In general she will be fine on Clen . Make sure she starts off at really low doses to see how she responds and to acclimate her system. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Although she can stay on with no break by running keto I would stick with the on/off program. Some recommend taking half the dose in the morning then half in afternoon. Im personally very sensitive to stimulants, so if were me, because I love being able to sleep at night, I would take all in the morning. Buy her a heart monitor. This shit makes your heart fu-cken fly. I have one that syncs right to my iPhone. I also have a blood pressure sleeve that plugs right in to my iPhone as well, it's bad ass. I would advise staying away from really intense cardio training like H.I.T training, although for some it's perfectly safe...case by case basis.
    Last edited by Judah; 08-03-2012 at 07:14 PM.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I mostly agree, but sometimes we need a little push. I'd recommend the ol' EC stack in combination with what was mentioned above.

infantry13 is offline Junior Member
    ^^^^ love me some ECA

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know she has a goal in mind pertaining to how much she actually weighs, at least that's what your post implies, but try to help her remember what you weigh is not that important compared to the visual results you're getting. I say this because the Anavar she's using could very well be causing her to hold onto more weight, but any weight it's causing her to hold would be due to lean tissue gains...that's good weight, the weight she wants.

As for the Clen , it can be just as safe and dangerous for women as it is for men. It's a good fat burner, that's for sure. Her best bet would have been to use the CLen when she was using Anavar though...this would have given her the transformation she's looking for...more fat loss while maintaining the muscle tissue she has. Can Clen be used alone? Sure, it's not going to eat muscle mass. Still, I'd be willing to bet she'll start seeing the scale numbers go down once the Anavar is stopped and if that's what's the most important to her, as long as she's burning more calories than she consumes it will go down.

Judah is offline Member
    Clen is more powerful than an ECA stack. Some find an ECA stack more tolerable to be on though.
    Last edited by Judah; 08-03-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judah View Post
    I'm going to assume already know what's up in the diet department because of your own incredible weight loss success. I would get her on a 60/20/20 ration of protein/carbs/fat. Her energy level will drop on this diet so there will be an adjustment period and she will have to adjust her works out as well.

Have you calculated her BMR?

In general she will be fine on Clen. Make sure she starts off at really low doses to see how she responds and to acclimate her system. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Although she can stay on with no break by running keto I would stick with the on/off program. Some recommend taking half the dose in the morning then half in afternoon. Im personally very sensitive to stimulants, so if were me, because I love being able to sleep at night, I would take all in the morning. Buy her a heart monitor. This shit makes your heart fu-cken fly. I have one that syncs right to my iPhone. I also have a blood pressure sleeve that plugs right in to my iPhone as well, it's bad ass. I would advise staying away from really intense cardio training like H.I.T training, although for some it's perfectly safe...case by case basis.
    Ratio type diets such as 40/40/20 and 60/20/20 are old hat. They're just a rough guess, nothing more. What you want to be doing is finding a diet specific to the persons body composition. How high is there bodyfat? How much muscle mass do they have? I tend to use calipers to determine this. You can use an electronic scale. I've got both and much prefer the 3 point caliper test. Unfortunately, the more fat you have the less accurate both these tests become.

Head over to the body building dotcom forum and goto the nutrition section and read the sticky on "Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs" Here you will find how to effectively construct a diet that is specific to you and from what i've read to date, is the most effective means of weightloss in the long run. With the exception of a keto diet that isnt nearly as efficient given how catabolic it is in the process. If you read over it and decide that it's too complicated to understand then you've proved my point on laziness.

Times Roman, I'm not doubting that it may take more effort on some then others to achieve weightloss. But at the end of the day, it's still easy and to resort to this to do something that can be done naturally and in a not much longer time frame isn't what I would call intelligent. Given the unnecessary health risks just for being lazy.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clowned

Ratio type diets such as 40/40/20 and 60/20/20 are old hat. They're just a rough guess, nothing more. What you want to be doing is finding a diet specific to the persons body composition. How high is there bodyfat? How much muscle mass do they have? I tend to use calipers to determine this. You can use an electronic scale. I've got both and much prefer the 3 point caliper test. Unfortunately, the more fat you have the less accurate both these tests become.

Head over to the body building dotcom forum and goto the nutrition section and read the sticky on "Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs" Here you will find how to effectively construct a diet that is specific to you and from what i've read to date, is the most effective means of weightloss in the long run. With the exception of a keto diet that isnt nearly as efficient given how catabolic it is in the process. If you read over it and decide that it's too complicated to understand then you've proved my point on laziness.

Times Roman, I'm not doubting that it may take more effort on some then others to achieve weightloss. But at the end of the day, it's still easy and to resort to this to do something that can be done naturally and in a not much longer time frame isn't what I would call intelligent. Given the unnecessary health risks just for being lazy.
    Dude, a 60/20/20 macro break down is great for cutting/lowering bf. He already told us what her goal is. How is that a rough guess? It will work for anybody...in other words... No guess work.

"What you want to be doing is finding a diet specific to the persons body composition"

That makes no sense. Body composition has almost nothing to do with it. When your goal is simply to lower body fat. Wether your at 30% BF or 10% BF you Lower your fats and carbs and increase your protein while maintaining a caloric deficit.

Your just wrong.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I don't know why Phentermine is never mentioned on here. But, that shit is strong. . . I only used it once, the EC is damn plenty. I lost 16-20 pounds a month. That is too fast IMO, I didn't even consider LMB loss.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    I cant figure it out. What is an EC stack?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth
    I cant figure it out. What is an EC stack?
    Ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin, with aspirin optional.

Anyone mention HCG ? My gf is looking to cut bf. I'm tailoring a nutrition and training plan for her. Thinking about possible 30 day HCG supplementation. Considered anavar but it's not the right choice for her.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How does hcg induce weight loss?

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Anyone mention HCG? My gf is looking to cut bf. I'm tailoring a nutrition and training plan for her. Thinking about possible 30 day HCG supplementation. Considered anavar but it's not the right choice for her.
    Are you talking about the HCG like we sometime use in our cycles or the HCG pills for fat loss?

Dude, a 60/20/20 macro break down is great for cutting/lowering bf. He already told us what her goal is. How is that a rough guess? It will work for anybody...in other words... No guess work.

"What you want to be doing is finding a diet specific to the persons body composition"

That makes no sense. Body composition has almost nothing to do with it. When your goal is simply to lower body fat. Wether your at 30% BF or 10% BF you Lower your fats and carbs and increase your protein while maintaining a caloric deficit.

Your just wrong.
    a 60/20/20 split is about as accurate to a persons specific needs as the bmi is to classifying phil heath as morbidly obese. It's a generalisation for an assumed body composition, while it may work. It's not the best way to go about things by any means. Also body composition has everything to do with it. The more muscle mass a person has the more protein you need.

Example.

Person 1: 5'6 150lbs 15% bf

person 2: 5'6 150lbs 25% bf

Person 1: will need more protein to sustain muscle mass then person 2.

Therefore resulting in your 60/20/20 just unnecessarily jumping the gun in nearly every case. It just isnt needed. So simply put, I am not wrong.

Judah is offline Member
    a 60/20/20 split is about as accurate to a persons specific needs as the bmi is to classifying phil heath as morbidly obese. It's a generalisation for an assumed body composition, while it may work. It's not the best way to go about things by any means. Also body composition has everything to do with it. The more muscle mass a person has the more protein you need.

Example.

Person 1: 5'6 150lbs 15% bf

person 2: 5'6 150lbs 25% bf

Person 1: will need more protein to sustain muscle mass then person 2.

Therefore resulting in your 60/20/20 just unnecessarily jumping the gun in nearly every case. It just isnt needed. So simply put, I am not wrong.
    He did not ask how can she build muscle/keep muscle bro. Your trying to correct me on a subject that was never even brought up. He asked a very simple question and your over complicating it. Not to mention when you cut you lose some muscle with fat, same as when your bulk, you gain some fat with muscle.

Did he ask how can my GF keep her muscle? No, he asked for help on how to get her BF lower. 60/60/20 will work great even if she is only able to get to 50/30/20 she still be shedding fat with q coloric defict and clean calories.

I'm not jumping the gun. People need real answers, real protocols, real numbers. Your general answers give him no direction.
    Last edited by Judah; 08-04-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Hes asking about anavar for his gf. My rebuttal was that she doesnt need it and should conduct a proper consistent diet for weightloss. No one should be using any substance without knowing nutrition 101, which i'm assuming she doesn't considering the thread. I then gave the source to the best method (i believe) to weightloss. You then came back with a method used back in the 80's with no real scientific knowledge (hence generalization.) about weightloss. I countered that as i'm aware of it and declared it's old hat and not nearly as efficient. Efficient being the key word. As your method is proven obsolete.

If you just want to use a generalization from the 80's such as your method. you definitely shouldn't be thinking about using substances to aid and shortcut it. doing so is clearly a lack of knowledge and being lazy. But what do I know. I'm just trying to teach people correctly. I dont understand why your arguing the point? to sum it up. Your way works, but my way works better... Have you even bothered to study my method or are you just outraged that I dont agree with your method. In addition, I used your method before I researched a better method.

You are jumping the gun in that you don't know the numbers, you dont know the protocols and your numbers aren't accurate. My answer gives precise instructions considering it links to the direct source of information. Please direct me to the source of your information that proves my information inferior.

Hes asking about anavar for his gf. My rebuttal was that she doesnt need it and should conduct a proper consistent diet for weightloss. No one should be using any substance without knowing nutrition 101, which i'm assuming she doesn't considering the thread. I then gave the source to the best method (i believe) to weightloss. You then came back with a method used back in the 80's with no real scientific knowledge (hence generalization.) about weightloss. I countered that as i'm aware of it and declared it's old hat and not nearly as efficient. Efficient being the key word. As your method is proven obsolete.

If you just want to use a generalization from the 80's such as your method. you definitely shouldn't be thinking about using substances to aid and shortcut it. doing so is clearly a lack of knowledge and being lazy. But what do I know. I'm just trying to teach people correctly. I dont understand why your arguing the point? to sum it up. Your way works, but my way works better... Have you even bothered to study my method or are you just outraged that I dont agree with your method. In addition, I used your method before I researched a better method.

You are jumping the gun in that you don't know the numbers, you dont know the protocols and your numbers aren't accurate. My answer gives precise instructions considering it links to the direct source of information. Please direct me to the source of your information that proves my information inferior.

Actually Clowed you are way off. Judah and I have spoke - so he knows a little on my back round and hes right - because of me, her diet is perfect and on point. I myself lost 110 lbs so no one knows diet and training more than me. Her calorie intake is at 1300 weekdays 1600 weekends, and fat intake is less than 40 grams a day altho most days she keeps it under 25 .... Her workouts run on average 40 min daily - off on sundays - and shes active. We play tennis, mountain climb, etc...However - her legs are a little thick, espceially for her frame, and she has some belly fat that just wont leave ... so thats why -she needs a push. She did lose BF on the VAR - and it made her stronger but she should be losing a lb a week, and shes not.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clowned

"Hes asking about anavar for his gf"

Lol are you sure about that? Because in the first sentence of his thread he asks specifically what BESIDES ANAVAR is good for helping his girlfriend cut lol. He's not asking about anavar for his girl, she already did 3 cycles.

Your not even reading what he asked correctly lol, so how do you plan on giving advise he needs when you got his original question incorrect lol?
    Last edited by Judah; 08-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth
    Are you talking about the HCG like we sometime use in our cycles or the HCG pills for fat loss?
    Injections. I'm unconvinced about efficacy of pills. Hcg will promote weight loss but just how much beyond diet and exercise I am skeptical about. Most studies showing weight loss with hcg have combined nutrition plans with caloric intake below 1509 pet day.....and well, ya, less than 1509 cals a day will induce catabolic states for fat and muscle so it's no wonder people have reported weight loss.

I'm still researching it. Like I said, my focus is on nutrition and exercise for her at this point. The hcg would be a short "cycle" if her losses are stubborn.

Injections. I'm unconvinced about efficacy of pills. Hcg will promote weight loss but just how much beyond diet and exercise I am skeptical about. Most studies showing weight loss with hcg have combined nutrition plans with caloric intake below 1509 pet day.....and well, ya, less than 1509 cals a day will induce catabolic states for fat and muscle so it's no wonder people have reported weight loss.

I'm still researching it. Like I said, my focus is on nutrition and exercise for her at this point. The hcg would be a short "cycle" if her losses are stubborn.
    Muscle - keep me posted on that? I feel same way - and im in the same boat - I tell her just stay in teh gym and hit it - but if the stubbrn fat stays ill tell her take something. And I also - wrote this post with HCG in mind for her....so keep me posted on what you research and fnd out if ya can.

"Hes asking about anavar for his gf"

Lol are you sure about that? Because in the first sentence of his thread he asks specifically what BESIDES ANAVAR is good for helping his girlfriend cut lol. He's not asking about anavar for his girl, she already did 3 cycles.

Your not even reading what he asked correctly lol, so how do you plan on giving advise he needs when you got his original question incorrect lol?
    You beat me to it! lol

Muscle - keep me posted on that? I feel same way - and im in the same boat - I tell her just stay in teh gym and hit it - but if the stubbrn fat stays ill tell her take something. And I also - wrote this post with HCG in mind for her....so keep me posted on what you research and fnd out if ya can.
    For sure. HCG and weight loss is still pretty controversial. The FDA doesn't condone HCG for weight loss but they also don't condone HGH as an anti-aging compound despite evidence to the contrary (this is also due to the fact that the FDA doesn't see aging as a disease that needs to be prevented or managed - partially correct).

Like many people, my gf wants a quick solution......but I'm not letting her off that easy. The only way she gets hcg is through me anyway so she won't have access until I am good and ready and I see a committment to changes in nutrition and exercise from her.

lol considering the state I was in when i wrote that, I think that was a good effort. I would still agree with everything I said though. With the exception of the first sentence which should of written "Hes asking about substances". To sum up my argument thus far would be.
    - To simply drop 20lbs. One should not bother with substances. (main argument)
    - Then followed up with diet advice. Which judah got into a fair sized debate over telling me i'm wrong. lol what?

(60/20/20? why would you want to raise protein higher then you need to? the rule of thumb is 1.5g of protein per pound of lean muscle mass for a natural. Making bodycomposition a key point in constructing a diet. Why? because abiding by this leaves you more fat and carbs which help with the regulation of your cells and performance for your day. All factoring in for better weightloss.)

Good work on losing 110lbs mate. But that doesn't necessarily mean you still cant learn more. I have a friend who uses that exact same phrase about knowing his nutrition and training. His weightloss consisted of just not eating and being on the verge of blacking out for 3 months. I don't know your background and judah apparently does. The only thing I would suggest if shes not losing weight and her diet is supposedly consistent. Is to raise the calories to 5% above maintenance for a week and then drop back into a decline the following week. It's possibly shes just burnt out from dieting so long. This can often kick start weightloss back into action. Good luck either way.
    Last edited by clowned; 08-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.

When she started her wieghtloss it was January - and with her gym program she was at 1800 calories a day. Over 3 months she lost 15 lbs, and toned up alot. SHe then increased her weight training, and left her diet the same. Over 2 months she got stronger and lost another 4 or 5 lbs,..and toned up ALOT. She now does same weight training, and same cardio, which equals about an hour a day , and she has lowered her calories to 1500 a day and now 1300 a day during the week, and since MAy she hasnt lost anything. SHe tried doing insane cardio programs, tried the renegade diet for 2 weeks. Nuthing. She looks great her body is insane - but she has thick legs and a little belly fat,...I almost wonder if the first VAR cycles messed with her thyroid?

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's going to be and adjustment in diet and/or cardio regime.

Judah is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalGorilla
    When she started her wieghtloss it was January - and with her gym program she was at 1800 calories a day. Over 3 months she lost 15 lbs, and toned up alot. SHe then increased her weight training, and left her diet the same. Over 2 months she got stronger and lost another 4 or 5 lbs,..and toned up ALOT. She now does same weight training, and same cardio, which equals about an hour a day , and she has lowered her calories to 1500 a day and now 1300 a day during the week, and since MAy she hasnt lost anything. SHe tried doing insane cardio programs, tried the renegade diet for 2 weeks. Nuthing. She looks great her body is insane - but she has thick legs and a little belly fat,...I almost wonder if the first VAR cycles messed with her thyroid?
    Jan is only 6 months ago. Sounds like she has made great progress so far. I think your just dealing with "stubborn areas" at this point that just may take more time. I think Clen is worth a shot or an ec stack. People report back that stubborn bf melts off. If shes not going use any compounds then I would say your at the point where you need to seek out some really top level guys on nutrition and training that can give some tweaks that might make the difference.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Var hasn't messed with her thyroid. More than likely, she's burning too many calories per day and her body is in survival mode holding onto all the body fat it can because she's been starving herself for a decent amount of time. If she's only eating 1300kcl per day and doing tons of cario along with weight training and basic life activities, you bet, her body is starving. If she keeps this up, eventually the weight will fall off but it may take some time. However, it's definitely not the best way to go about things. No one can keep that up forever and it's not a healthy practice and most certainly not realistic for maintaining long term fat loss.

If she really is serious about her goals, and it sounds like she is, it would have been nice if you guys were keeping up with BF% rather than weight loss. Even though her weight loss has stagnated, like you said she's continued to look better so her total composition is probably still changing even if the scale isn't going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    Var hasn't messed with her thyroid. More than likely, she's burning too many calories per day and her body is in survival mode holding onto all the body fat it can because she's been starving herself for a decent amount of time. If she's only eating 1300kcl per day and doing tons of cario along with weight training and basic life activities, you bet, her body is starving. If she keeps this up, eventually the weight will fall off but it may take some time. However, it's definitely not the best way to go about things. No one can keep that up forever and it's not a healthy practice and most certainly not realistic for maintaining long term fat loss.

If she really is serious about her goals, and it sounds like she is, it would have been nice if you guys were keeping up with BF% rather than weight loss. Even though her weight loss has stagnated, like you said she's continued to look better so her total composition is probably still changing even if the scale isn't going down.
    This.

They're both fairly headstrong on looking for a chemical induced quick fix though.
    Last edited by clowned; 08-06-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    First of all is she still making forward progress? Second, how thick are her legs and around where? And thirdly is the belly fat only at and below her belly button? I've known a few girls that despite training/dieting couldn't make that perfect so they ended up getting lipo. That might be something your GF might want to consider.

SHes thought about lipo. The starving idea isnt really accurate because she lost and continues to lose in other areas. FOr instance...over 6 months she lost 4 inches in around her navel, and 2 and half around the hips. Not a bit on her legs her tho. They measure the same and look the same. I think she is gonna try a clen cycle....if that doesnt work maybe lipo in a few months....

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalGorilla
    SHes thought about lipo. The starving idea isnt really accurate because she lost and continues to lose in other areas. FOr instance...over 6 months she lost 4 inches in around her navel, and 2 and half around the hips. Not a bit on her legs her tho. They measure the same and look the same. I think she is gonna try a clen cycle....if that doesnt work maybe lipo in a few months....
    DG....are you guys logging her daily macros? What does that look like? How's her water consumption?

Judah is offline Member
    Have you considered having her do carb cycling? This helps if you have her on a high protein/low carb/low fat diet with a daily coloric deficit and she is starting have slowed results.

Quote Originally Posted by Judah

Have you considered having her do carb cycling? This helps if you have her on a high protein/low carb/low fat diet with a daily coloric deficit and she is starting have slowed results.
    ^^^^ That and fasted cardio will help. I'm starting my gf on fasted cardio tmr. She's going to hate me.

Judah is offline Member
    ^^^^ That and fasted cardio will help. I'm starting my gf on fasted cardio tmr. She's going to hate me.
    Putting my GF on this diet tomorrow: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UCDBE9R5mSM

Think my GF will hate me more than yours hates you lol?

Putting my GF on this diet tomorrow: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UCDBE9R5mSM

Think my GF will hate me more than yours hates you lol?
    You win. I'd hate you for that diet!!!

Judah is offline Member
    You win. I'd hate you for that diet!!!
    Think I should start packing my sh-it now?

Think I should start packing my sh-it now?
    .....at least get a few more days of bedroom Olympics b4 you pack them bags.

.....on the bright side, with that caloric deficit she won't be strong enough to throw you out!!! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information