Pec Injection in center of chest did I do it right, small knot now--what's that?

2 days agao, I did my 1st Pec injection of Testoviron Depot (a time-released Test) which has a thick oil viscosity.

2 authorities (see below links) show that the pecs should be pinned NEAR the middle of the chest, NOT in the upper, outer chest.

In fact, at least on me, the upper outer part of the chest (near the shoulders) has branches of noticeable veins...(at least for me, my anatomy)

I pinned myself there as recommend in the diagram of the link below (please see below).

The closer to the middle part of the chest, the more shallow it was--almost like the bottom part of a "V".

I injected with Testoviron Depot the left pec closer to the middle, it was more shallow & less beefy so it kind of hurt putting the needle in slowly.

The right pec, I injected with Deca & more away from the middle of the chest.

It seemed since it was more away & therefore in the beefier part of the V valley, there was less pain.

2 Questions:
    1) Did I do the Test injection too close to the middle of the chest at the shallow part?

2)I rub the area and there's a little knot a ball, there is no warmth, no heat, no black and blue or bruise. Is that something to worry about.

Is it suggested to pin a little more away from the exact mid-part of the chest to avoid as much pain since that area is more beefy than closer to the exact mid-part of the chest which is less beefy, more shallow, & thus more painful?

(As an aside, aspiration was easy, when I pulled back on the plunger to aspirate , I saw a couple of bubbles but no blood, then I pushed down on the plunger and released the medicine into the muscle)
    1st authority:
    Link of diagram for exact locations of pec IM injections.

http://www.howtodoinjections.com/IM/pecs.html

2nd authority:
    Here's a youtube vid on a pec injection also. This guy pins in the middle of chest also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFLV4HTTdZI

***Basically, here are the 2 questions again:

(1) have I pinned to close to the exact, dead center part of the chest, where the chest is almost flat? In other words, should I err on the side of pinning less in the exact middle part of the chest & pin the more beefy part of the chest? (it gets more beefier, the more you pin away from the dead center. Again imagine the chest is like a "V" and the bottom of the "V" is the exact middle part of the chest or dead center.)

(2) Is that knot or quarter-coin-size ball under the injection site, which is not warm or hot, and has no bruise, something I should be worried about? (I noticed this beefy ball when I rubbed my chest after having taken off the bandaid today)

Thanks for your help

jpowell is offline Banned
    Tried and true broski. Gotta go with wat the majority say sumtimes. This center of chest sounds almost to real to b true. Go to the dr. Stick to putter like was rec n other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Chris J is offline Associate Member
    what ever happened to that dude "Machine"? Come to think of it, I have not seen him post in like a year. He used to pin his pecs all the time.

Pec Injection--now u got me worried? again no pain, just sore when i rub it hard, no-

Quote Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
    what ever happened to that dude "Machine"? Come to think of it, I have not seen him post in like a year. He used to pin his pecs all the time.
    Pec Injection--now u got me worried? again no pain, just sore when i rub it hard, no-BRUISIN/NO Black & blue

so what ur implying is that he's not around anymore (not alive) BECAUSE he used to pin his pecs all the time? (THERE's a causal relation between the 2)

the pecs are really easy to aspirate ...u can actually use 2 hands to aspirate unlike the delts.

what does putter mean? rec?

can both of u repliers clarify...?

thanks

anyone else? it's also, again, not hot or warm--- in addition to no bruise. it's just a small ball under the injection site.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn't worry about it to much. Feeling of a knot is normal.

This is why I always recommend upper outer chest, it's never failed me and one of my top rotations.

Anabolic4Health is offline Junior Member
    dayum dude... i didnt believe this post till i clicked in and saw the pics. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    i wouldn't worry about it to much. Feeling of a knot is normal.

This is why i always recommend upper outer chest, it's never failed me and one of my top rotations.
    thanks, johnnnyblaze! what a relief...im going away more from the exact mid part of the chest to pin a more beefier area of the chest. I have branches of noticeable veins in the outer, upper.

jpowell is offline Banned
    Mine was a a typo for outter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeUpLostTimeFast View Post
    thanks, johnnnyblaze! what a relief...im going away more from the exact mid part of the chest to pin a more beefier area of the chest. I have branches of noticeable veins in the outer, upper.
    Just don't go near the veins. You should be able to find a good spot.

realgear is offline Banned
    Blaze you are okay this know is perfectly normal it will go away in like 2-3 weeks be careful next time on how close you get to the middle also make sure you aspirate all the time when doing this okay....

Thanks, realgear & others. "okay" to realgear...gotchya.

I did feel it a little weird when i gradually pushed in the 1 inch needle. At the time it felt like the scene from "Savin Private Ryan" where the German soldier slowly puts in his army-issued knife into the American soldier of Jewish ethnicity's chest....all the while whispering to comfort him. I forgot the actor who played him now.

I'm going to post something on how to prevent & rehab shoulder injuries--bodybuilding's most common injury. Now that the weather is cooler, people have to take care against injuries even more now.

I consider shoulder injury prevention & rehab my area of humble expertise.

Thanks again everyone!

Thread Information