Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member

My source is asking me for sending cash via registered mail. Legit?

Hi, my source told me first he couldn't fulfill my order (international order) until january.
    I asked him if he could help me out because I needed my gear somehow urgently, and he answered he could help me out by me sending cash via mail (not WU like usually)
    Why would he have a problem recieving money via WU?? I think my source is very legit, but is there something to take care of sending cash via mail???
    I hope not having broke any rule by writing this post...
    thanks

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    No rules broke YET? Unless this is a phishing expedition!!!

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    OP: save your money for another day.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    Hi, my source told me first he couldn't fulfill my order (international order) until january.
    I asked him if he could help me out because I needed my gear somehow urgently, and he answered he could help me out by me sending cash via mail (not WU like usually)
    Why would he have a problem recieving money via WU?? I think my source is very legit, but is there something to take care of sending cash via mail???
    thanks
    Edited.. I misread went to fast.

And why would anyone ask for cash? Red flags everywhere.
    Last edited by stpete; 12-04-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    sending money via WU is pretty dicey anyways, especially with first time sources. sending cash provides absolutely NO trail to prove he ever received any money from you. This is even more dicey than WU.

Your source has NO skin in the game! Which is the definition of "Fly by night". You run a very real risk of getting burned.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Would you send cash by mail to any other drug dealer..............................??? Why should this drug dealer be any different?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    Would you send cash by mail to any other drug dealer..............................??? Why should this drug dealer be any different?
    LMAO...why do ppl forget these guys are drug dealers? Just because it's the drug they choose???

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Sounds a bit dodgy

snowman is offline Senior Member

thanks

Something is fishy here, but i dont think its you source, i think you, the one fishing.... are you actually in Spain like its says in your location? IF you are in Spain you should have no problem getting anything you want.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Something is fishy here, but i dont think its you source, i think you, the one fishing.... are you actually in Spain like its says in your location? IF you are in Spain you should have no problem getting anything you want.
    lol snowman what made you decide to come back to the forum this year?

To the op, sending money WU is risky enough, but sending straight cash homie is just asking to get ripped off in my opinion. there are plenty of other sources that are reviewed, and can fill your order this week.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I had one that did biz like that.I didnt have a problem if you think about it WU cash if he is going to rip you off no difference.Sounds like he dont want a paper trail.
    Last edited by songdog; 12-04-2012 at 08:08 PM.

elde_01 is offline New Member
    Sounds dodgy to me.

that's what I'm thinking, if he wants to rip me off, he could do it either with WU, or with mail. the question is why does he prefers cash payment?? Am I missing something??

No paper trail to him for taxes or the law.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    I send cash in mail, but its domestic. If they want to steal your money, they can do it just as easy with western union.

ddp2727 is offline Associate Member
    I'm shocked at how many of y'all have sources that want something mailed to a location to where LE could just sit & wait. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ddp2727 View Post
    I'm shocked at how many of y'all have sources that want something mailed to a location to where LE could just sit & wait. Lol.
    Well if you communicate through tormail, Leo isn't gonna know squat. And if they are that close on the source, its not really going to matter. How is it different than us getting product shipped to us?

Plus sending cash avoids western union fees, which is nice if you're sending a good bit of money. Certified mail with insurance. Good to go
    Last edited by OnTheSauce; 12-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.

diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member
    How much do you trust your source? That's what it comes down to. I personally send cash and have received my orders fine.

DanB is offline Banned
    I have sent cash before, I was weary but it all worked out, although my source was considered reputable in the commodities that he trades

So questions are as follows

1, Is he considered reputable by people more experienced then yourself? (if he has been verified by respected members/staff then you are prob g2g)
    2, Does the deal seem too good to be true? (if it seems too good to be true then it is)
    3, Can you afford to lose the money? (if you cant then go with one of the well established online sources)
    4, Is he on this forum? (let staff know if he is)
    5, If not then how did you find him? (not actually asking you, but hoping you will think back and see if you can recall anything dodgy)

Just a couple things to think about

boxingfan30 is offline Member
    You don't send cash anywhere... not ebay, not to any business... especially one of these types!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I hate to say it but thats the way we used to do business regularly years ago man. Im talking way back when.
    OP - Dont do it ....

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Well if you communicate through tormail, Leo isn't gonna know squat. And if they are that close on the source, its not really going to matter. How is it different than us getting product shipped to us?

Plus sending cash avoids western union fees, which is nice if you're sending a good bit of money. Certified mail with insurance. Good to go
    You know the US govt set up tor and to think it's secure would be very foolish.

noon is offline Senior Member
    Lol. I have used pre piad visa gift card before.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Tor = secure lmfao

I shouldnt laugh, I had alot of correspondence using I2P mail before I was informed of a fundermental flaw, but hey learned my lesson and no consequences for my mistake on that particular occasion

Patrick, if you interested in a cheap VPN, well there several that spring to mind (non USA servers), that will make you virtually untraceable if your mearly buying gear etc since they cant/wont put the resources into such a nominal potential charge sheet, then let me know and I may be able to steer you in the right direction

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noon View Post
    Lol. I have used pre piad visa gift card before.
    Which is the best way forward if your concerned about anonymity I.M.O

By chance is your boy out of Fl?

I've used moneypak, that's a decent way too

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    So you make an order they can't fill. Then you ask please. Then they say send cash and I can fill it?

I don't like the way that smells.

cb714 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    I would disagree with you there brotha. I know a thing or two about IT (been doing it for 14 years, degree in compsci and network security) not trying to brag but just throwing my credentials out there for the sake of argument. First, Tor is open source so there is no hidden code in there that gives them a back door in. 2nd, tor network is the ONLY completely anonymous network/service available to the public...anything else can be traced in one way or another or served court orders to give up info. There is currently no technology that can crack the encryption in under 100 years...and im talking about supercomputers here not your average high end desktop. Who knows, maybe one day it will be possible but by then it wont even matter anymore.

It must be said though that accessing non secure sites and putting personal info through tor can potentially get you in trouble but that would be the ignorance of the user, not the technology itself.
    Last edited by cb714; 12-04-2012 at 10:55 PM.

kingcali is offline New Member
    get a money order and send it blank..

also get a tracking number on the mail so you know he got it or at least u know it was delivered to the correct address... without the tracking he can just say he never got the mail..but with the tracking number you know for sure it was deliverd to the addy he gives you.. just incase or to be smart make sure you look up a rent house in your city and use that address for the return address much better than making one up

using the usps can either save you or burn you... many loop holes with them if you know how to use it right

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    There is no legit way. Every way we do it, it's shit. What are you gonna do? Call the cops? My juice guy ripped me off. . . . < < <lol

Nothing we can do about it. But to full on send cash, I would have to trust them a lot. At least WU gives you a nice false piece of mind.

mesotiny is offline Junior Member
    i have had my first domestic mail order from a source with no problem,I payed with interac mail transfer,I have received the order 2 or 2 days later,googled to see if they are legit and they seemed to be.the guy is legit,the hundreds of online reviews of him were mostly positive.But recently he had the method of payment changed to cash in mail,the excuse was he had an friend at the bank who has informed him that the bank have recently been investigating closely for any unusual numbers of interactions..so he had to change up the method of payment or at least mixed it up now and then,for everyone's safetyThe excuse seemed legit,but still,cash in mail to me just sounds like I will get ripped off even if the guy wouldn't ,just does not feel right.For you,it is more risky as it is international,I don't know the rules in your country if I were you I would check before importing that stuff in..

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    lol snowman what made you decide to come back to the forum this year?

To the op, sending money WU is risky enough, but sending straight cash homie is just asking to get ripped off in my opinion. there are plenty of other sources that are reviewed, and can fill your order this week.
    Ive always been here, just haven't posted a lot, ever since i moved countries and work keeps me buzy, but always try to make here at least once a week, i love this website.... now back to the topic, when i lived in Canada, i always sent money to my source in the mail, but it was within Canada ( never met the guy f2f) but we got to trust each other so much, that sometimes i used to put in a order for something, and he would send the gear before i would send the money... i guess it comes down to, IF you trust the person you are ordering from....

hey, he offered me to pay with bitcoin.... i don't know what it is, maybe something similar to WU?? like someone said, maybe he's getting suspects or some troubles with WU. he told me that anyways, there's one product, that's momentanly out of stock, I mean, If someone wants to rip you off, he should rip you off more money than posible.... I only had a testorder with him, everything went super-smooth, and he's very well rated on a famous roids review site, so, don't know.... do anyone use bitcoin???

hey, he offered me to pay with bitcoin.... i don't know what it is, maybe something similar to WU?? like someone said, maybe he's getting suspects or some troubles with WU. he told me that anyways, there's one product, that's momentanly out of stock, I mean, If someone wants to rip you off, he should rip you off more money than posible.... I only had a testorder with him, everything went super-smooth, and he's very well rated on a famous roids review site, so, don't know.... do anyone use bitcoin???
    I use bitcoins in certain things i want to buy and IF dont want it to be traced to me...bitcoins are not a easy thing, to get into now a days, and its hard to get them to ( IF someone does not rip you off, when you try to buy some bitcoins).
    IF you try to get into some bitcoins, i would suggest reading a LOT about it ( google it) before you get into it, and know the value of the bitcoin money...there is sites that only except that money because its not traceable...

Here is a little about it....http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...w-do-they-work

talos is offline New Member
    Its normal for sources here to ask for cash in the post (uk)

I have never had any problems sending cash in the post tbo .

anahny is offline Associate Member
    Op. Porque necesitas "gear" ahora. Es mejor si tu espera hasta enero if you are who you say you are from Spain you should understand that
    Last edited by anahny; 12-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anahny View Post
    Op. Porque necesitas "gear" ahora. Es mejor si tu espera hasta enero if you are who you say you are from Spain you should understand that
    @ anahny: porque si tio, si tengo q ciclarme en verano tmb, m va a venir todo demasiado justo, y además, quien me garantiza que a partir de enero me vuelve a aceptar WU.
    que opinas? algún consejo??

ok from what everyone says, this guy seems to be legit and I'm about to give it a try. maybe I think I'll send cash via mail if bitcoin is too complicated.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anahny View Post
    C'mon man, .............. really? Anyone with even the lamest free translator program can "understand that". I'm not implying the OP is lying about his ethnicity, I'm implying your "secret encrypted" post was a pretty lame attempt to confirm his claim.

"I'm just sayin"................

DanB is offline Banned
    when my friend used them he sent via western union, bitcoins were never even mentioned, are you sure your using their correct email?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information