Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    Well, the foundation of my theory is this: The more Test. you use, the more there is to convert to Estrogen.

Anytime I've had blood work done, I had everything well balanced, so there would be no evidence there.
    More test doesn't cause higher estrogen, more aromatase causes higher estrogen.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    More test doesn't cause higher estrogen, more aromatase causes higher estrogen.
    The question is does more test cause more aromatase. Does the effect on shbg effect aromatase and estrogen levels as well. Im not so certain it is simple and clear cut.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapabuff View Post
    The question is does more test cause more aromatase. Does the effect on shbg effect aromatase and estrogen levels as well. Im not so certain it is simple and clear cut.
    I agree it's not clear cut at all. But more test does not directly increase aromatase.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    I agree it's not clear cut at all. But more test does not directly increase aromatase.
    Are you certain that aromatase expression will not increase as a response to elevated (non-DHT derived) androgen levels? Your cells can obviously produce new aromatase enzymes (or otherwise suicide inhibitors would be a permanent solution), and we know that aromatase gene expression can be enhanced through a number of factors.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Are you certain that aromatase expression will not increase as a response to elevated (non-DHT derived) androgen levels? Your cells can obviously produce new aromatase enzymes (or otherwise suicide inhibitors would be a permanent solution), and we know that aromatase gene expression can be enhanced through a number of factors.
    Agreed.

There are a variety of factors that increase aromatase activity include age, obesity, insulin , gonadotropins and alcohol. But I dont believe that the aromatase enzyme continues to build up forever. You reach a certain point and that's it. Otherwise Pro BB'rs would be taking outrageous amounts of AI to combat their outrageous amounts of Test. I have never seen, read, or heard of that. Does anyone else have any solid info on this?

Kel has a perfect example of having low Estrogen levels yet still experiences high Estrogen/Prolactin sides. And i agree, it really isn't that cut and dry, as already suggested. (Unless you suffer from Aromatase Excess Syndrome. But that's a whole other story)

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    I would take it a step further and just as in the presence of increased androgen the ar receptor life is extended and its rate of generation doubled, Id suspect a similar expression in the production of aromatase. Of course both have a point of diminishing returns...but where????
    In fact if I was going to look into this further I might look for a correlation between number of Androgen Receptors and any correlation to aromatase levels as my starting point. Just a thought.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapabuff View Post
    Me either.

Thread Information