Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    boxer08's Avatar
    boxer08 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    1,065

    Blood in the syringe

    Just had my brother inject my glute when aspriating there was no blood but after the pin had been pulled out i looked at the syringe and there was some blood in there....question is has it gone in a vein, is it a waste of a shot and should i re pin the same amount

  2. #2
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Not a wasted shot, nothing to be concerned with.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  3. #3
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    No, you're fine.

  4. #4
    MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    13,200
    This has happened with me as well.

    Occasionally i will remove the pin by pulling on the barrel and plunger (depending on location of inject) at the same time creating just enough draw to allow a bit of blood to enter from capillaries on the way out. This is MY theory only. But it explains (to me at least) the blood in the barrel after the pin is removed. Again, this is rare but it does happen.

    However, it's nothing to be alarmed about as already stated above.

  5. #5
    boxer08's Avatar
    boxer08 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    1,065
    Just thought i might of wasted a shot there and was getting ready to put another in to replace it. It is strange how the blood was in there as i always pull back on the plunger and made sure my brother did when he done the shot and even asked was there any blood in there and he said nope so i told him to go ahead and inject it

  6. #6
    MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    13,200
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    Just thought i might of wasted a shot there and was getting ready to put another in to replace it. It is strange how the blood was in there as i always pull back on the plunger and made sure my brother did when he done the shot and even asked was there any blood in there and he said nope so i told him to go ahead and inject it
    Yeah it happens occasionally, but not often. Nothing to fear though.

  7. #7
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    You do realize that the purpose of injecting something is to get it into your bloodstream, right?
    We just pin AAS IM because pinning a bunch of oil reeks instant havoc on your body.

  8. #8
    BBJT200's Avatar
    BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,147
    You probably nicked a vein on the way in, deposited the oil in the muscle, and upon withdrawing, the pressure from the vein forced blood into the needle.

    Nothing to be worried about.

  9. #9
    AlinSR is offline new member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    578
    Nicked a vein and the suction created by the syringe sucked up some blood.

  10. #10
    MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    13,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJT200 View Post
    You probably nicked a vein on the way in, deposited the oil in the muscle, and upon withdrawing, the pressure from the vein forced blood into the needle.

    Nothing to be worried about.
    Thats a excellent theory too bro.

  11. #11
    human project's Avatar
    human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,909
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer08
    Just had my brother inject my glute when aspriating there was no blood but after the pin had been pulled out i looked at the syringe and there was some blood in there....question is has it gone in a vein, is it a waste of a shot and should i re pin the same amount
    What most likely happened is that you went through a vein and as you slowly pulled back when you went past the vein pulling the needle out is sucked some up.... It happens form time to time as long as you aspirate you should be fine

  12. #12
    boxer08's Avatar
    boxer08 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    1,065
    So the main question is if it did go in the vein what happens to the oil ? Does the body still use it as it would in the muscle

  13. #13
    spiderman87 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    50
    Nothing different happens bro. Your oil is 100% being used. The veins in your glute are so small, it would be nearly impossible to sit there and inject a ml of oil into a vein. A little bit maybe but, as long as there is no blood when your asp, your good. Don't take anymore, it's all being used the same!

  14. #14
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    So the main question is if it did go in the vein what happens to the oil ? Does the body still use it as it would in the muscle
    Did you miss my post?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •