Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
No...in most cases the HPTA is fully developed during by the late teens I men. My concern would be less about the individual glands and more about the over all system development. The endocrine system works directly with the nervous system and releases hormones that effect every cell in the body. Excess levels of hormones such as estrogen and testosterone in the human body can have an adverse effect on the overall system.

For 1 huge example: GROWTH can be effected when increased levels of test are introduced into the system causing skeletal maturation.

Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth. [Endocr Dev. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Again..it's best to look at the entire system as well as how it relates to the other systems in the body, instead of just looking at the HPTA alone.
Thanks for taking the time to post this, Lunk. So obviously the introduction of exogenous testosterone is going to stop a young person from growing if taken at a younger age... I know from personal experience.

When we talk about waiting to run gear until 24-25, the main reason that is usually thrown around on the board is that you will damage your hpta's development and risk being on trt the rest of your life. What other systems are damaged other than the endo and skeletal system? You mention the nervous system; what type of complications arise within the nervous system?

Lunk - These are all just honest questions. You are a well of knowledge so I take advantage of learning as much as I can from you.

OP - Sorry to run off with your thread here! If I have any more questions, I'll just pm Lunk.