Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Am I lean enough to cycle???

tango02 is offline Associate Member
    Well I have finally reach my first goal...being under 20% BF! I was able to do this by getting my diet in check.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-28 16.15.13.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	150919

This little gem helped with that! Thanks again Roman!
    Attachment 150920

TDEE is 3270 eating at a 857 calorie deficit today and yesterday. Fat are too high for the last few days but doesn't seem to be affecting me to much.
    Macros are 257p/125c/50f
    Last edited by tango02; 05-28-2014 at 03:24 PM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Good work. Now for me to be realistic. Estimates suck, even going off pictures is better, and in some cases better than bf readings. Usually because you can see where you might still need work, and a number is a number.

Keep up the fat loss. I'm going to throw out my opinions on the original thread, Honestly think you should plan on going much lower than 15%. Even if you choose to cycle for fat loss, which usually is a bit of a waste of running a cycle, shutting down your test, and the expense. Honestly better off getting 10% or even lower, single digit bodyfat then doing a decent bulk. Even if you choose to do a cycle for cutting I would get down as close to 12% as you can, or at least to a really lean state based on pics, but if you really want to do it right, and make the most out of the cycle you'll get that body fat super low, and pack on the most muscle without being fat at the end of it.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Even if you choose to cycle for fat loss, which usually is a bit of a waste of running a cycle, shutting down your test, and the expense. Honestly better off getting 10% or even lower, single digit bodyfat then doing a decent bulk. Even if you choose to do a cycle for cutting I would get down as close to 12% as you can, or at least to a really lean state based on pics, but if you really want to do it right, and make the most out of the cycle you'll get that body fat super low, and pack on the most muscle without being fat at the end of it.

I have disagree with that to a point

After cutting on sauce, I would never see it any other way.

When running lets just say a low dose of test, you can pull your cal deficit so low that it would not be even close to possible running on natural test.

All of that does take a bit of practice & experience though. Since most beginner cycles are used for bulking and adding some lean muscle. But, if you're starting fattish you will end up even fatter.

How you want to handle yourself is up to you. Sadly to say, aas or natty - there is no super magic. It all takes some serious dedication & work.

I agree, estimates do suck. But one thing that is consistent is that I have used this same spreadsheet for estimates in the past and the estimates are now lower So as long as the calculations on the sheet are consistent I have effectively dropped right at 5% BF. In a previous post I asked the question "Would it be ok to start at 18%?" Well now I know the answer to that question is NO.

I dont think I will have a problem getting down to say 10% BF it will simply take more time of doing what I am doing. Slow and steady wins the race...right?

Quote Originally Posted by tango02 View Post
    I agree, estimates do suck. But one thing that is consistent is that I have used this same spreadsheet for estimates in the past and the estimates are now lower So as long as the calculations on the sheet are consistent I have effectively dropped right at 5% BF. In a previous post I asked the question "Would it be ok to start at 18%?" Well now I know the answer to that question is NO.

I dont think I will have a problem getting down to say 10% BF it will simply take more time of doing what I am doing. Slow and steady wins the race...right?
    Yep, it just sometimes gets to a point where you really want to get going. But know you will be better off in the long run, the more prepared you are.

And Samson, it is so different for someone on trt vs not on trt. Is it really worth shutting yourself down for a low dose of test? Or even for a high dose where you won't realize the gains because you are cutting. Unless he was prepping for a bb comp or something else crazy I think he will appreciate taking the time and waiting. Besides, any muscle lost on the cut will come back plus so much more it won't even matter so much, granted he is sufficiently lean and has a decent enough base, plus a knowledge of nutrition and training, good work ethic, shouldn't be an issue if he can get to 10% bf.

Yep, it just sometimes gets to a point where you really want to get going. But know you will be better off in the long run, the more prepared you are.
    I have gotten that urge already! It is hard to fight that urge at times but I just have to tell myself to keep waiting, keep working out and keep my diet the same and it will all come together in the next few months hopefully. I have lost 16lbs in 6 weeks, if I can keep this up for another 6 weeks I will be at 196lbs. Should be VERY close to that 10% at that point.

I have gotten that urge already! It is hard to fight that urge at times but I just have to tell myself to keep waiting, keep working out and keep my diet the same and it will all come together in the next few months hopefully. I have lost 16lbs in 6 weeks, if I can keep this up for another 6 weeks I will be at 196lbs. Should be VERY close to that 10% at that point.
    I've been fighting for 15 months, lost a ton of weight, still not at 10% lol. Needless to say I won't let that happen again.

I've been fighting for 15 months, lost a ton of weight, still not at 10% lol. Needless to say I won't let that happen again.
    Where are you at now? BF% wise?

VegasBody is offline Associate Member
    Dont want to disappoint U but less fat U have harder and harder to lose it
    Just keep going at it and change your diet accordingly

yes I am aware that losses get harder with lower BF. But gains become easier once BF% is lower....so 6 of one half dozen of the other kind of thing I guess. Worth it in the long run.

Where are you at now? BF% wise?
    10-15
    I know it is a huge span, but fat in chest is gone, veins everywhere, striations in legs, glutes even on lower outer edges unless I'm retaining water. But have the belly fat in the middle under belly button. So I really don't know exactly because of the odd distribution, and I haven't tried fully cutting sodium and water to really see how good I can look. I might consider bod pod and skin fold test in a couple weeks, but at the same I almost don't want to and just want to go off the fact the belly fat needs to still be reduced more. It's a genetic thing I get from my father, he is really skinny but still has it, but I think I can get lean enough to get rid of it for good and improve my distribution threw staying lean, as well as anabolics.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    [QUOTE="SEOINAGE"]Good work. Now for me to be realistic. Estimates suck, even going off pictures is better, and in some cases better than bf readings. Usually because you can see where you might still need work, and a number is a number. Keep up the fat loss. I'm going to throw out my opinions on the original thread, Honestly think you should plan on going much lower than 15%. Even if you choose to cycle for fat loss, which usually is a bit of a waste of running a cycle, shutting down your test, and the expense. Honestly better off getting 10% or even lower, single digit bodyfat then doing a decent bulk. Even if you choose to do a cycle for cutting I would get down as close to 12% as you can, or at least to a really lean state based on pics, but if you really want to do it right, and make the most out of the cycle you'll get that body fat super low, and pack on the most muscle without being fat at the end of it.[/QUOTE

This varies greatly from person to person. I feel that any hard earned muscle lost trying to diet down for a cut is totally unproductive. The exception being if you are over 15% bf then yes, you could still drop bf safely without much muscle loss. I would much rather cycle and cut to a level of bf that is realistic to try and maintain after the cut. If you diet down then cut on cycle you will preserve that tissue and not gain back what you lost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information