• 1 Post By SubmarineWasher
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: 50 year old wants to max out

SubmarineWasher is offline New Member

50 year old wants to max out

Hi all

My second post here, although I've been lurking for months.
    I thought I'd tell you my background first, then conclude with my questions.

The background:
    I used to lift 3x weekly and run 10 miles the other three days (6 miles before breakfast, 4 miles before dinner) until debilitating shin splints and other connective tissue stuff got the better of me, but I'm almost recovered after two months of taking it easy. I've spent the off time putting together a less damaging program as I feel I MUST move around. I've been doing compound lifting during the past three years and I find it a hell of a lot more satisfying than running.
    I now realise that we’re not designed to be natural marathon junkies and that running was stopping me growing (I don’t give damn about my age; I’m always confident and horny).

Now, I have a holiday condo in Turkey where I spend every April, August and December in the lovely 31C/88F heat. The other owners are all retired Scandinavians - semi-retired, really fit older guys with Mens Health type of bodies who have 20-30 years under their belts as cops, military, etc so there isn't the alcohol and 'caine culture of, say, some Mexican resorts. Hanging with these guys made me start running, but now I want to make and keep bulk for the rest of my days. The apartment complex has a good gym, tennis, soccer, etc and the beach is 5 mins down the hill so there's no shortage of things to do (and no excuse to start beer at 11am).

NB - the country where the condo is in has NO RESTRICTIONS OR PRESCRIPTIONS ON AAS. (And even if they did, you’d just walk in to a doc and tell him what to prescribe.)

Unrelated PS - hog hunting with a 12 gauges is anytime of the day, any month of the year - and the farmers thank you for it!!

Things you should know about me:

I am 50 years old, 170lbs, a 5ft 7" light-boned mesomorph
    Before starting to run a year and a bit ago, I was 28% BF. (now 20%).

My blood pressure is 116/80 (It was 145/80 a year ago).
    I work and earn my living from home.
    I can take time off during the day to exercise - one hour in morning and one hour in evening.

I have a highly stressed Type A personality with a family history of heart disease, stroke and diabetes. I am always horny and sometimes aggressive.

I have had over-sized male breasts since puberty. I don't want surgery; I would rather build my upper pecs and lats to disguise them. However, I am so arrogantly confident that I go bare-chested with shorts and sandals every opportunity I get.

I prefer to exercise at home with no people, a locked door and no music (but I will go to gym five mins drive away when I have to use equipment). I have a treadmill, an elliptical, a stationary bike and a rower inside my garage.

Outside, in the yard, I have a 4ft boxing bag suspended from a proper platform. Sometimes, to let off steam, I just love to take my £10 aluminium (= $16 aluminum) eBay baseball bat to it.

For the past year, I haven't eaten any packaged or processed factory slop - eg pastries and pies, sausages, kebabs, pizza, quiche, chocolate, crisps (= chips), french fries, desserts, burgers, fried chicken, ice cream, fizzy drinks (even diet ones), fruit juice (squash is OK), anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup, anything with hydrogenated vegetable oil i.e. ALL junk food and fast food.
    All in all, considering who I used to be for the past 20 years, I’m now the veritable saint in my habits!

Finally, I don't care about my weight or age.

My goals:
    1. 9-10% bodyfat is a must
    2. Maximum musculature is a must
    3. Reasonable flexibility
    4. Reasonable heart and lung capacity

With all the above in mind, this is what I'm going to do from 1st October when my shin splints and achilles tendon fully heal and all my juice bottles arrive. I reckon I’m healed right now, but welcome the rest period. When you read my program, you’ll see why.

FIRST SIX WEEKS: WHOLE BODY ROUTINE
    (Jan, Feb March) and (May, June, July) and (Sept, Oct Nov)

Every morning: 15 mins each of cycling, rowing, treadmill, boxing = 60 mins total at 75% MHR

Every evening, rotate:
    EITHER weights: squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead seated shoulder press, bent row, bent-arm pullover
    OR: calisthenics (inc chins, pull ups and dips), abs and stretching
    So that’s 21 compound weight days in first six weeks

Then, take week no 7 off from weights in the evenings; just do calisthenics

SECOND SIX WEEKS: SPLIT ROUTINE

Every morning: 15 mins each of cycling, rowing, treadmill, boxing = 60 mins total at 75% MHR

Mon eve: LEGS: leg extension, ham curl, leg press, calf raise, squat
    Tues eve: SHOULDERS: seated DB front raise, side raise, rear raise, machine overhead press, BB upright row
    Weds: watch TV, go out, be social (no booze)
    Thurs eve: CHEST: pec dec or DB flye, incline DB press, pressdown or V-grip pulldown, bent-arm pullover
    Friday eve: BACK: lat pulldowns, bent BB or DB rows, cable row, deadlift, trap shrug
    Sat eve: watch TV, go out, be social (no booze)
    Sun eve: do nothing at all. Stay at home. Inspect and enjoy what I paid for / built up during my working life

The above 12 week plan is for:
    (Jan, Feb, March) + (May, June, July) = (Sep, Oct, Nov)

No weights during April, August and December as I will be on vacation aboard and I want a break, go out for dinner every night and even drink some good wine.

However, I will still do morning cardio and evening calisthenics just to keep active and cope with the extra holiday food.

So, in effect, that is 3x 4-month cycles per year (inc one month break at the end of each cycle).

MASS STACK: (Jan, Feb, March) and (May, June, July) and (September, October, November) - NOT APRIL, AUG AND DEC
    Weeks 1-6: 40mg Dbol
    Weeks 1-10: (150 Tri-Tren ) + (250 Sus) + (200 Deca ) on Monday after workout shower

Throughout 12 weeks:
    Mornings on empty stomach: (20mg Nolvadex ) + (50mg Proviron ) + (10mg alendronic acid) + (Vitamin D3)

Evenings, with dinner: (1g Vitamin C) + (MVM) + (Multi Vitamin B complex) + (Vitamin E) + (1.4g garlic) + (75mg aspirin) = (0.5g milk thistle) + (0.5g green tea extract) + (1g flaxseed oil) + (1g evening primrose oil) + (15mg Zinc) + (0.5g Calcium) + (0.5g Magnesium) + (one spoon cod liver oil or Omega 3 tablets) + (glucosamine)

FOOD:
    8am - Wake and brush teeth

8.15am - 60 mins cardio on empty stomach wearing last night's sleeping gear
    Drink one litre/liter/2 pints water with supplements and juice of half a lemon
    Update training log. Shave, shower, wear nice clothes

10.00am - Meal no 1 at home
    2 rye crackers, one with peanut butter and one with Marmite
    Pan-fry (with min olive oil) omelette or scrambled:
    2 eggs, 4 mushrooms, 1 tomato, 50g grated cheddar, spring onion, smoked salmon
    One whole grapefruit

Prepare 1pm, 4pm and 9pm meals

1.00pm - Meal no 2: can be packed in plastic tubs if I'm out
    EITHER:
    4 fruits: mango, melon, pineapple, frozen berries, avocado, kiwi
    50g nuts: almonds, cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts, Brazils, walnuts, macadamia
    50g seeds: flaxseed, pumpkin, sunflower, linseed, poppy, sesame
    100g pot of Greek yogurt
    OR:
    Blended shake (2x 30g scoops, one banana, berries. Water, not milk or I will shit my pants!)

4.00pm - Meal no 3: can be packed if I'm out
    Tinned fatty fish (sardine / pilchard / salmon / tuna / mackerel)
    Baked potato or basmati with peas and kidney beans chucked in at the end
    2 types of fibrous vegetable (eg broccoli, carrot, peas, cauliflower, spinach)
    Salad

7.00pm - Meal no 4: one or two bananas

7.30pm - EITHER weights workout OR calisthenics
    Never more than 60 mins
    Update weight training log immediately

8.30pm - Meal 5:
    Immediately after workout, drink blended shake (2 scoops, one banana, some berries and water (not milk)

9.00pm - Meal no 6:
    Fish / chicken / beef / mutton / liver - grilled in George Forman or baked.
    Baked potato or basmati with peas and beans chucked in at the end
    Salad
    Supplements

12.00am Meal no 7: (only if hungry)
    One rye cracker, 150g cottage cheese, shreds of smoked salmon

Once a week, ref Weds nights:
    Eat out. Anything I want, inc beer, pizza, curry, ice cream, KFC CheesiBitez, burger - whatever

Thanks for bearing with me.

Now here are my questions:

1. Is it the right blend of weight training, cardio, supplements and rest for a sort-of-beginner?

2. I'm not competing, I'm doing it because it makes me feel great. I lifted and did DBol and Deca in my 20's and now I NEED to pack on protective muscle mass while I still can. Or am I too old for this shit?

3. Is the training and AAS prog too harsh? Can I still recover and grow?

4. During the May, June, July session, what would happen if I swapped the D-Bol for Winnie 50 oral and also swap the Deca for Masteron 100? And also increase cardio to 90mins?

5. Will I lose my horn? I can't live without rumpy pumpy - that is one of the points of it!

6. I already have a short fuse. Will the AAS make it worse? I remember in my 20's on the sauce, hauling someone out of their car when they cut me up, but I'm a different man now.

Brutally honest replies from experienced guys please.

Thanks

motobrox is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SubmarineWasher View Post
    Hi all

My second post here, although I've been lurking for months.
    I thought I'd tell you my background first, then conclude with my questions.

The background:
    I used to lift 3x weekly and run 10 miles the other three days (6 miles before breakfast, 4 miles before dinner) until debilitating shin splints and other connective tissue stuff got the better of me, but I'm almost recovered after two months of taking it easy. I've spent the off time putting together a less damaging program as I feel I MUST move around. I've been doing compound lifting during the past three years and I find it a hell of a lot more satisfying than running.
    I now realise that we’re not designed to be natural marathon junkies and that running was stopping me growing (I don’t give damn about my age; I’m always confident and horny).

Now, I have a holiday condo in Turkey where I spend every April, August and December in the lovely 31C/88F heat. The other owners are all retired Scandinavians - semi-retired, really fit older guys with Mens Health type of bodies who have 20-30 years under their belts as cops, military, etc so there isn't the alcohol and 'caine culture of, say, some Mexican resorts. Hanging with these guys made me start running, but now I want to make and keep bulk for the rest of my days. The apartment complex has a good gym, tennis, soccer, etc and the beach is 5 mins down the hill so there's no shortage of things to do (and no excuse to start beer at 11am).

NB - the country where the condo is in has NO RESTRICTIONS OR PRESCRIPTIONS ON AAS. (And even if they did, you’d just walk in to a doc and tell him what to prescribe.)

Unrelated PS - hog hunting with a 12 gauges is anytime of the day, any month of the year - and the farmers thank you for it!!

Things you should know about me:
    I am 50 years old, 170lbs, a 5ft 7" light-boned mesomorph
    Before starting to run a year and a bit ago, I was 28% BF. (now 20%).

My blood pressure is 116/80 (It was 145/80 a year ago).
    I work and earn my living from home.
    I can take time off during the day to exercise - one hour in morning and one hour in evening.

I have a highly stressed Type A personality with a family history of heart disease, stroke and diabetes. I am always horny and sometimes aggressive.

I have had over-sized male breasts since puberty. I don't want surgery; I would rather build my upper pecs and lats to disguise them. However, I am so arrogantly confident that I go bare-chested with shorts and sandals every opportunity I get.

I prefer to exercise at home with no people, a locked door and no music (but I will go to gym five mins drive away when I have to use equipment). I have a treadmill, an elliptical, a stationary bike and a rower inside my garage.

Outside, in the yard, I have a 4ft boxing bag suspended from a proper platform. Sometimes, to let off steam, I just love to take my £10 aluminium (= $16 aluminum) eBay baseball bat to it.

For the past year, I haven't eaten any packaged or processed factory slop - eg pastries and pies, sausages, kebabs, pizza, quiche, chocolate, crisps (= chips), french fries, desserts, burgers, fried chicken, ice cream, fizzy drinks (even diet ones), fruit juice (squash is OK), anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup, anything with hydrogenated vegetable oil i.e. ALL junk food and fast food.
    All in all, considering who I used to be for the past 20 years, I’m now the veritable saint in my habits!

Finally, I don't care about my weight or age.

My goals:
    1. 9-10% bodyfat is a must
    2. Maximum musculature is a must
    3. Reasonable flexibility
    4. Reasonable heart and lung capacity

With all the above in mind, this is what I'm going to do from 1st October when my shin splints and achilles tendon fully heal and all my juice bottles arrive. I reckon I’m healed right now, but welcome the rest period. When you read my program, you’ll see why.

FIRST SIX WEEKS: WHOLE BODY ROUTINE
    (Jan, Feb March) and (May, June, July) and (Sept, Oct Nov)

Every evening, rotate:
    EITHER weights: squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead seated shoulder press, bent row, bent-arm pullover
    OR: calisthenics (inc chins, pull ups and dips), abs and stretching
    So that’s 21 compound weight days in first six weeks

Then, take week no 7 off from weights in the evenings; just do calisthenics

SECOND SIX WEEKS: SPLIT ROUTINE

Mon eve: LEGS: leg extension, ham curl, leg press, calf raise, squat
    Tues eve: SHOULDERS: seated DB front raise, side raise, rear raise, machine overhead press, BB upright row
    Weds: watch TV, go out, be social (no booze)
    Thurs eve: CHEST: pec dec or DB flye, incline DB press, pressdown or V-grip pulldown, bent-arm pullover
    Friday eve: BACK: lat pulldowns, bent BB or DB rows, cable row, deadlift, trap shrug
    Sat eve: watch TV, go out, be social (no booze)
    Sun eve: do nothing at all. Stay at home. Inspect and enjoy what I paid for / built up during my working life

The above 12 week plan is for:
    (Jan, Feb, March) + (May, June, July) = (Sep, Oct, Nov)

No weights during April, August and December as I will be on vacation aboard and I want a break, go out for dinner every night and even drink some good wine.

However, I will still do morning cardio and evening calisthenics just to keep active and cope with the extra holiday food.

So, in effect, that is 3x 4-month cycles per year (inc one month break at the end of each cycle).

MASS STACK: (Jan, Feb, March) and (May, June, July) and (September, October, November) - NOT APRIL, AUG AND DEC
    Weeks 1-6: 40mg Dbol
    Weeks 1-10: (150 Tri-Tren ) + (250 Sus) + (200 Deca ) on Monday after workout shower

Throughout 12 weeks:
    Mornings on empty stomach: (20mg Nolvadex ) + (50mg Proviron ) + (10mg alendronic acid) + (Vitamin D3)

Evenings, with dinner: (1g Vitamin C) + (MVM) + (Multi Vitamin B complex) + (Vitamin E) + (1.4g garlic) + (75mg aspirin) = (0.5g milk thistle) + (0.5g green tea extract) + (1g flaxseed oil) + (1g evening primrose oil) + (15mg Zinc) + (0.5g Calcium) + (0.5g Magnesium) + (one spoon cod liver oil or Omega 3 tablets) + (glucosamine)

FOOD:
    8am - Wake and brush teeth

8.15am - 60 mins cardio on empty stomach wearing last night's sleeping gear
    Drink one litre/liter/2 pints water with supplements and juice of half a lemon
    Update training log. Shave, shower, wear nice clothes

10.00am - Meal no 1 at home
    2 rye crackers, one with peanut butter and one with Marmite
    Pan-fry (with min olive oil) omelette or scrambled:
    2 eggs, 4 mushrooms, 1 tomato, 50g grated cheddar, spring onion, smoked salmon
    One whole grapefruit

Prepare 1pm, 4pm and 9pm meals

1.00pm - Meal no 2: can be packed in plastic tubs if I'm out
    EITHER:
    4 fruits: mango, melon, pineapple, frozen berries, avocado, kiwi
    50g nuts: almonds, cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts, Brazils, walnuts, macadamia
    50g seeds: flaxseed, pumpkin, sunflower, linseed, poppy, sesame
    100g pot of Greek yogurt
    OR:
    Blended shake (2x 30g scoops, one banana, berries. Water, not milk or I will shit my pants!)

4.00pm - Meal no 3: can be packed if I'm out
    Tinned fatty fish (sardine / pilchard / salmon / tuna / mackerel)
    Baked potato or basmati with peas and kidney beans chucked in at the end
    Salad

7.00pm - Meal no 4: one or two bananas

7.30pm - EITHER weights workout OR calisthenics
    Never more than 60 mins
    Update weight training log immediately

8.30pm - Meal 5:
    Immediately after workout, drink blended shake (2 scoops, one banana, some berries and water (not milk)

9.00pm - Meal no 6:
    Fish / chicken / beef / mutton / liver - grilled in George Forman or baked.
    Baked potato or basmati with peas and beans chucked in at the end
    Salad
    Supplements

12.00am Meal no 7: (only if hungry)
    One rye cracker, 150g cottage cheese, shreds of smoked salmon

Once a week, ref Weds nights:
    Eat out. Anything I want, inc beer, pizza, curry, ice cream, KFC CheesiBitez, burger - whatever

Thanks for bearing with me.

1. Is it the right blend of weight training, cardio, supplements and rest for a sort-of-beginner?

2. I'm not competing, I'm doing it because it makes me feel great. I lifted and did DBol and Deca in my 20's and now I NEED to pack on protective muscle mass while I still can. Or am I too old for this shit?

4. During the May, June, July session, what would happen if I swapped the D-Bol for Winnie 50 oral and also swap the Deca for Masteron 100? And also increase cardio to 90mins?

5. Will I lose my horn? I can't live without rumpy pumpy - that is one of the points of it!

6. I already have a short fuse. Will the AAS make it worse? I remember in my 20's on the sauce, hauling someone out of their car when they cut me up, but I'm a different man now.

Thanks
    You're never to old mate, I'm47 and have cycled on and off since I was 24. I've never competed, as that's not my thing. Gear doesn't make me feisty anymore, rage is in the mind , if you feel you should have it, it will appear. The only thing I can say about mass cycles is lift weights, don't do the cardio, it will work against you. I've been the training partner of guys who've won championships etc. They cardio to hell when pre-comp. Otherwise it's only to warm up. Which is critical when you're our age. You won't loose your sex drive on a test based cycle. Deca suppressed me big style a few years back, so I stay away from that. Run HCG with your cycle and ensure your pct is in place.
    SubmarineWasher likes this.

Motobrox

Thanks for your reply about too much cardio knackering me and dampening muscle growth.

So how does the below sound instead?

To build mass (Sept, Oct, Nov) + (Jan Feb March), I will do only 10 mins to warm up pre-weights workout.
    Do calisthenics in the morning instead of 60 mins cardio.
    Do no training instead of evening calisthenics.

To lose fat before all that August nekkidity (May, June, July), I will do 60 mins cardio at 75% MHR.

I MUST be at my lowest BF% in August.

Why?
    My lowest point in self-loathing was four years ago - I was too fat to cope with the 37C/99F heat and too fat and tired to get my money's-worth on tourist excursions. I used to drink beer and watch the twinkies on the beach playing volleyball, cussing myself for blowing two thousand quid and staying indoors in aircon most of the day. I hated the daytimes.

Over the years, though, I've got to know them all and I am ready to take up their invitations to play volleyball, tennis, etc (only to watch them jiggle, mind!). So, I will do 60 mins cardio, but only during (May, June July).
    Last edited by SubmarineWasher; 09-26-2014 at 07:12 AM. Reason: coz my englich aintaz gud as it used to waz

Motobrox

Thanks for your reply about too much cardio knackering me and dampening muscle growth.

So how does the below sound instead?

To build mass (Sept, Oct, Nov) + (Jan Feb March), I will do only 10 mins to warm up pre-weights workout.
    Do calisthenics in the morning instead of 60 mins cardio.
    Do no training instead of evening calisthenics.

To lose fat before all that August nekkidity (May, June, July), I will do 60 mins cardio at 75% MHR.

I MUST be at my slimmest in August.

Why?
    My lowest point in self-loathing was four years ago - I was too fat to cope with the 37C/99F heat and too fat and tired to get my money's-worth on tourist excursions. I used to drink beer and watch the twinkies on the beach playing volleyball, cussing myself for blowing two thousand quid and staying indoors in aircon most of the day. I hated the daytimes.

Over the years, though, I've got to know them all and I am ready to take up their invitations to play volleyball, tennis, etc (only to watch them jiggle, mind!). So, I will do 60 mins cardio, but only during (May, June July).
    yep, 10 minutes is all I do to warm up. Where I failed recently was not stretching enough, then pulling a tendon while squatting. I can't see a couple of hard cardio sessions a week doing you any harm if you need to keep up a decent aerobic capacity.

Athlete127 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobrox View Post

You're never to old mate, I'm47 and have cycled on and off since I was 24. I've never competed, as that's not my thing. Gear doesn't make me feisty anymore, rage is in the mind , if you feel you should have it, it will appear. The only thing I can say about mass cycles is lift weights, don't do the cardio, it will work against you. I've been the training partner of guys who've won championships etc. They cardio to hell when pre-comp. Otherwise it's only to warm up. Which is critical when you're our age. You won't loose your sex drive on a test based cycle. Deca suppressed me big style a few years back, so I stay away from that. Run HCG with your cycle and ensure your pct is in place.
    Disagree. I cardio every day while bulking still. I'm an IFBB physique physique pro... So I'm gonna say it doesn't work against me

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Give me another 1/2 hour I am still reading

Your overall program is pretty well thought out. If you have the lifestyle to be execute your plan to the letter, more power to you. Most of the time life gets in the way so just be ready to adjust and adapt your routines. As long as you're 80% on schedule, you'll be fine.

I'm 54 and I still look like my avatar. It's never too late to build muscle. I would caution that our age you stay patient. You're going to get bigger and stronger than your tendons and ligaments can handle. If you go too heavy too fast you can tear a bicep, pull a ligament, tear a tendon from the bone, and other crazy stuff. Just go slow and let your body grow into its strength.

I would drop everything except the Test. This is effectively your first cycle. Just do a Test only cycle. My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

If I were you, I would just skip the orals (see #3)

One of the reasons I'm telling you to do only Test on this cycle is because multiple compounds can mess up your HPTA and there is a high likelihood that your libido or sexual performance could be affected. Do a Test only cycle to see how your body reacts to the compound. Next time add 1 more compound to test and so on.

I personally believe that this whole roid rage is BS. If you're an Ahole without gear you'll be an Ahole with gear.

Thanks
    Summary: Drop everything except for Test. See how your body reacts to Test and prepare a really good PCT of Nolva and Clomid. Take things slow and you should be fine. Have fun
    almostgone likes this.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlete127
    Disagree. I cardio every day while bulking still. I'm an IFBB physique physique pro... So I'm gonna say it doesn't work against me
    I call bullshit. And op unfortunately that post was to long for my sore eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I call bullshit. And op unfortunately that post was to long for my sore eyes.
    That's fine

Mp859
    Yes, it was a long post, for which I apologise.

I did it that way on purpose because during my lurking and research months I read so many threads where someone comes along and says: "Hey, I'm new (to AAS), I wanna get big" to which the replies are invariably: "Age? weight? food? routine? lifting experience?"
    Last edited by SubmarineWasher; 09-26-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: made it shorter so as not too hurt mp859's poe lil eyes

You're good buddy. I like posts with enough information to made a decision.

Scotchguard

I appreciate your point-by-point and to-the-point reply.

Your overall program is pretty well thought out. If you have the lifestyle to be execute your plan to the letter, more power to you. Most of the time life gets in the way so just be ready to adjust and adapt your routines. As long as you're 80% on schedule, you'll be fine.
    80% is OK by me. The plan is the plan. Life is life. I'm committed to the plan but mindful of dad duties, husband duties, duties to my clients.

I'm 54 and I still look like my avatar. It's never too late to build muscle. I would caution that our age you stay patient. You're going to get bigger and stronger than your tendons and ligaments can handle. If you go too heavy too fast you can tear a bicep, pull a ligament, tear a tendon from the bone, and other crazy stuff. Just go slow and let your body grow into its strength.
    Yep. I'm here precisely cos of tendon and ligament damage during my stupid running phase. I am mindful of injury so will be careful of upping it too fast.

I would drop everything except the Test. This is effectively your first cycle. Just do a Test only cycle. My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle
    Will get onto it right away.

If I were you, I would just skip the orals (see #3)
    Agreed

One of the reasons I'm telling you to do only Test on this cycle is because multiple compounds can mess up your HPTA and there is a high likelihood that your libido or sexual performance could be affected. Do a Test only cycle to see how your body reacts to the compound. Next time add 1 more compound to test and so on.
    Acknowledged

I personally believe that this whole roid rage is BS. If you're an Ahole without gear you'll be an Ahole with gear.
    My young, dumb and fulla cum days are long gone
    GGot FFina? likes this.

You will make drastic improvements at your age with some test,proper diet, and proper training. Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Athlete127 View Post

Each to there own, I'm sure there's a lot of pro's who'll disagree with you

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motobrox
    Each to there own, I'm sure there's a lot of pro's who'll disagree with you
    And some are the opposite, swear by doing cardio 2x a day

Just depends - I blow up like blimp without cardio, bulking or maintaining - even eating clean as fvck. Fvck you genetics!

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

And some are the opposite, swear by doing cardio 2x a day

Just depends - I blow up like blimp without cardio, bulking or maintaining - even eating clean as fvck. Fvck you genetics!
    totally agree, there's no right or wrong as people are different. The mirror and scales should be your judge, not others opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by motobrox View Post
    totally agree, there's no right or wrong as people are different. The mirror and scales should be your judge, not others opinions.
    I'm one of those guys that blows up without it. Being physique I try to stay within 15 lbs of stage weight

I'm one of those guys that blows up without it. Being physique I try to stay within 15 lbs of stage weight
    I would be very interested to see what you look like.

mackbutter is offline New Member

Test +Proviron

I don't see a problem with improving your physique at your age. I know I will. But I think the best advice I've read here would be to stick with mostly test. I prefer test enanthate over sustanon myself.
    At 50 it is reasonable to worry about losing libido so I would stay as far away from Tren as possible.
    Donate some blood to keep your hct down.
    you will probably wanna use some HCG while on cycle as well.
    And at 50 you may like the test and may decide to choose TRT. .... if u are crashing hard after a cycle and have trouble recovering after using Tren then u may get a bad taste in your mouth over your experience...
    A very nice experience would definitely be test e , HGH, proviron , (and aromasin and HCG)....

Best wishes

michael30 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I would be very interested to see what you look like.
    Lol last time i saw a guy on our forum get called out, he ended up being a national level competitor. An one of the biggest guys on this site(actual probably thee biggest). Every once in awhile someones being honest:-)
    Last edited by michael30; 09-26-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michael30
    Lol last time i saw a guy on our forum get called out, he ended up being a national level competitor. An one of the biggest guys on this site(actual probably thee biggest). Every once in awhile someones being honest:-)
    Well maybe I'm getting the guy mixed up but I do t think so. I can't look at his recent posts but I'm pretty sure they say other ways. Oh well I'm just negative like that I suppose lol.

Quote Originally Posted by michael30 View Post

Being IFBB isn't crazy difficult with dedication.. It's making a name in the business that's the hard part

Being IFBB isn't crazy difficult with dedication.. It's making a name in the business that's the hard part
    I respect that you are I would just like to see what the physique looked like.

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derekkpapa1 View Post
    Give me another 1/2 hour I am still reading
    Hahahahaha!! Was thinking the same.

The only problem i really see here, unless i missed something, is that you 20-22% BF. This in my opinion is a bit high. I would definitely suggest dropping your bodyfat first or the results you will get from the Test will not be that impressive and will leave you unsatisfied.

My suggestions is to start working out and most importantly, dieting correctly. After you have dropped your body fat some, then jump on a little Test and see how you react to it. I would maybe start with 300mg/week of Test. This should give you some nice results if you have never taken anything before.

Only problem is that without a diet that will lower your body fat, you will not end up impressed with your over all look after the cycle if done. If you dont diet and loose body fat first, you will end up being a little stronger than you are now and look about the same just a little bulkier. If this is what your after than got for it. If its looks you want, then you must lower that body fat for this to be a success. I would start with this goal of lowering body fat first. Because if you cant do it while off cycle, you wont do it while on.

Good luck!
    Last edited by GGot FFina?; 09-27-2014 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GGot FFina? View Post
    LMAO!! The only problem i really see here, unless i missed something, is that you 20-22% BF. This in my opinion is a bit high. I would definitely suggest dropping your bodyfat first or the results you will get from the Test will not be that impressive and will leave you unsatisfied.
    I am SO glad I stuck up this thread and and have read "My First Cycle" sticky.
    I already have a 3-year, 900-session treadmill Excel spreadsheet detailing date, time, distance, cals, time spent, feelings, etc.
    So I will file-save-as this doc and then edit it for lifting.
    That way, I can detect patterns and make links and conclusions about causation.

All of you guys have stopped me from wasting time, sweat and money for which I am most grateful.

I have concluded that I will do everything in my original post MINUS any AAS whatsoever.
    I will take notes on sets, reps, weights, BF% and personal feelings for a whole year.

THEN, in 12 months, I will do my first cycle, following the "My First Cycle" sticky exactly to the letter.

Thanks guys, for taking me off the wrong path.
    Last edited by SubmarineWasher; 09-27-2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: to express more gratitude
    lovbyts likes this.

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    I am SO glad I stuck up this thread and and have read "My First Cycle" sticky.
    I already have a 3-year, 900-session treadmill log detailing date, time, distance, cals, time spent, feelings, etc.
    So I will file-save-as this doc and then edit it for lifting.
    That way, I can detect patterns and make conclusions about causation during the year ahead.

All of you guys have stopped me from wasting time, sweat and money for which I am most grateful.

I have concluded that I will do everything in my original post MINUS any AAS whatsoever.
    I will take notes on sets, reps, weights, BF% and personal feelings for a whole year.

THEN, in 12 months, I will do my first cycle, following the "My First Cycle" sticky exactly to the letter.

Thanks guys, for taking me off the wrong path.
    That's a great attitude to have and one that will get you to where you want to go, in this game.

I dont know if you really need to wait a year, but it you have a year to wait, then it wont hurt.

The most important thing, IMO is to lower your body fat percentage before you start your Test cycle. This will be the difference of you saying wow, after the Test cycle is complete or you being disappointed with the results and wondering why there was such little change in physic..

I think you will reach your goals with the attitude you have and wish more new comers on this site had the same..

Good luck dude!!

LOOOOOOOOL! All my juice bottles and tabs arrived today!

Ah well, they'll keep.

I should change the thread title from "50 year old wants to max out" to "50 year old wants to max out once all other variables have been implemented and documented"
    Last edited by SubmarineWasher; 09-27-2014 at 06:54 AM.
    GGot FFina? likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No price descussion.

Remember, at our age it's 10x easier to hurt yourself also. You may FEEL strong and like you can lift when you were in your 20s but that does not mean you should. I turn 52 this year and just past my 2yr mark for my shoulder surgery from lifting to heavy.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

Remember, at our age it's 10x easier to hurt yourself also. You may FEEL strong and like you can lift when you were in your 20s but that does not mean you should. I turn 52 this year and just past my 2yr mark for my shoulder surgery from lifting to heavy.
    So true! Your muscles will feel young again, but not so much for your connective tissue and joints.
    Slow n steady, to win the race, at this age...

Thread Information