I completed a 12 week test E only cycle earlier this year and it all went over without a hitch. I just started my second cycle (200mg/wk NPP + 400 mg/wk test E + AIs + hCG ) and my first pin was about 40 hours ago. However, something very strange has occurred, which never happened to me during my first cycle, and admittedly has me a little concerned. See the pic of my leg where I administered the pins below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leg.jpg 
Views:	3503 
Size:	436.7 KB 
ID:	154153

The BLUE arrow is where I injected about 1mL (100mg) of NPP. The RED arrow is where I injected about 1.2mL (240mg) of test E (accidentally injected .2ml too much). I used a 20g drawing needle and then switched over to a 1 inch, 25g for pinning. The ORANGE arrow is the site of the redness, swelling, and pain (only when touched or muscle flexed). Notably, the site of the swelling/redness is about 4 inches away from the closest pin!

About 12 hours after the pins I felt ok except for some soreness near the site of the injections. There was no swelling or redness.
About 24 hours after the pins there was swelling and pain but no redness near the orange arrows. I found it difficult to flex the muscle and consequently it was difficult to walk.
Now, about 40 hours after the pins, I feel as though the cause of the swelling and pain is coming to the surface of my skin... really hope this doesn't turn into a scene from Alien... and now there is noticeable redness when there wasn't before. On a positive note though I am finding it much easier to walk and flex the muscle.

Two questions:
1) What could have caused this?
2) Why the hell would the site of the swelling/pain/redness be 4 inches away from my closest pin?

Thanks in advance for any help.

As you can see from the pic