Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Training while cycling testosterone

jolter604 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    genetics and goals,what ever works for your body.i like to switch it up but i always do a warm up of high reps each exercise and end each exercise with a high rep burn out,even when going for low reps heavy.seems to work for me i am always sore,love the BURN!

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    After cycle take a wk off after blasting your body(b/c you just can)Drop going to gym down to 4 dys and switch to concentrating on the eccentric part(tempo being 1/4/1... Meaning 1s lifting/flexion(concentric), w/a 1s pause, then 4s lowering the weight(eccentric) at higher reps hitting the muscle in a different fashion... In and out of the gym in 30-45 min, this will help in keeping gains! Marcus' Diary is great and his post on keeping gains for the moderate AAS user, etc!
    Nach3,

Here you state higher reps off cycle. Later you state low reps heavy weight off cycle to maintain gains.

Slightly confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Cody95 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post

Nach3,

Here you state higher reps off cycle. Later you state low reps heavy weight off cycle to maintain gains.

Slightly confused.

Low reps heavy weight for off cycle.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Dude its simple. If your joints hurt and you're in pain, pull back for a week or two. Light weight, maybe even low reps. Keep lifting but keep it safe

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    ^And That's on cycle OR off

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    High reps, low reps - I just wanna tone up

Lmfao

Oh gawd, I can't stop

Just workout - geez, it really is that simple

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are we still on this? There is actually a stickie that talks about keeping your gains off cycle and how to train. Seeing how OP is on trt keeping your gains should be easier. The problem with coming off cycle is that your joints need some rest and if you don't change your training your body will do it for you. I don't believe in a huge Rep range. 6-8 (even some 4's) on cycle and 8-10 ( 12 for warm ups) off cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    Are we still on this? There is actually a stickie that talks about keeping your gains off cycle and how to train. Seeing how OP is on trt keeping your gains should be easier. The problem with coming off cycle is that your joints need some rest and if you don't change your training your body will do it for you. I don't believe in a huge Rep range. 6-8 (even some 4's) on cycle and 8-10 ( 12 for warm ups) off cycle.
    Thanks again Buster.

Makes sense to me. Know where I can find the stickie? Already read Marcus's stickie, but that is oriented towards PCT for those not on TRT.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member

Thanks again Buster.

Makes sense to me. Know where I can find the stickie? Already read Marcus's stickie, but that is oriented towards PCT for those not on TRT.

The concept is the same. When you are getting ready to get off cycle post up your workout in the workout section and we can then chop it down a little bit and get you straightened out. This is obviously a bit new to you and that's ok ...once you see how it works and you get it under your fingers you will see the benefit of cycling your training.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Like Buster stated seeing that your on TRT its going to be easier to maintain the gains during the off period. One thing you MUST remember and many don't is what built the muscle will keep the muscle so you don't need to do any serious alterations but this also depends on what type of training you have been doing and how your feeling. Personally I would pull back on the intensity but carry on doing what built the muscle in the first place. The great advantage you have is your on trt so things are going to be a lot easier to maintain if you don't adjust things to drastically.

If you have been training extremely hard and intense you cant carry on training like this you will need to use a deload or some kind or pullback for a couple of weeks. This can come in various types of training and styles but a pullback will be needed to fully repair your CNS and give your body a rest but never forget that what built your muscle will keep your muscle
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nach3,

Slightly confused.

My bad for misunderstanding... Everyone's different... Simply If your bulking stay in the lower rep ranges(5x5... 6-8 10max) for cutting, diet & higher reps(12-15reps more for endurance(more definition/tone)...Both as intense as possible(on cycle)! Off cycle read "keeping gains for the moderate user" by Marcus! But off cycle just drop the intensity, and back off of the amount of sets(in and out in 45 min)!
    Last edited by NACH3; 01-18-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Like Buster stated seeing that your on TRT its going to be easier to maintain the gains during the off period. One thing you MUST remember and many don't is what built the muscle will keep the muscle so you don't need to do any serious alterations but this also depends on what type of training you have been doing and how your feeling. Personally I would pull back on the intensity but carry on doing what built the muscle in the first place. The great advantage you have is your on trt so things are going to be a lot easier to maintain if you don't adjust things to drastically. If you have been training extremely hard and intense you cant carry on training like this you will need to use a deload or some kind or pullback for a couple of weeks. This can come in various types of training and styles but a pullback will be needed to fully repair your CNS and give your body a rest but never forget that what built your muscle will keep your muscle
    Thanks for your response Marcus.

I put on most of my muscle doing intense HIIT style weights in the 8-15 range. Problem is that was also during my first cycle, which makes it hard to determine if that wasn't merely the result of the cycle and any training style would have put that 20 pounds of muscle on me.

Once I came off cycle 7 weeks ago I went to a low rep (4-8) program and increased my strength exponentially. However, this also resulted in increased body fat and injuring my left elbow and shoulders mildly.

This is what led me to where I am now, concerned that I did something wrong to cause those injuries.

I did take a week off after cycle before I started the heavy program.

I am concluding my first week back in the higher rep program I made lean gains on while cycling. I retreated to it as the higher reps and lower weights didn't bother my joints.

It seems this may have been the correct decision, I only hope I don't lose muscle training in this HIIT style and higher rep range off cycle.

While I was on nearly 4000 calories on cycle, since coming off and putting on fat, I cut to 2500. It now seems that was a poor decision and could also cause muscle loss, so I increased back to 3240 calories with some increased low intensity cardio (incline treadmill walking 20-30).

Thanks for the help and any input on this is highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    My bad for misunderstanding... Everyone's different... Simply If your bulking stay in the lower rep ranges(5x5... 6-8 10max) for cutting, diet & higher reps(12-15reps more for endurance(more definition/tone)...Both as intense as possible(on cycle)! Off cycle read "keeping gains for the moderate user" by Marcus! But off cycle just drop the intensity, and back off of the amount of sets(in and out in 45 min)!
    Thanks for clarifying Nach3. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    The concept is the same. When you are getting ready to get off cycle post up your workout in the workout section and we can then chop it down a little bit and get you straightened out. This is obviously a bit new to you and that's ok ...once you see how it works and you get it under your fingers you will see the benefit of cycling your training.
    Thanks for all of your help Buster. I appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone for your advice so far. Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this post I made (quoted above)?

Quote Originally Posted by tduff311
    Thanks for your response Marcus. I put on most of my muscle doing intense HIIT style weights in the 8-15 range. Problem is that was also during my first cycle, which makes it hard to determine if that wasn't merely the result of the cycle and any training style would have put that 20 pounds of muscle on me. Once I came off cycle 7 weeks ago I went to a low rep (4-8) program and increased my strength exponentially. However, this also resulted in increased body fat and injuring my left elbow and shoulders mildly. This is what led me to where I am now, concerned that I did something wrong to cause those injuries. I did take a week off after cycle before I started the heavy program. I am concluding my first week back in the higher rep program I made lean gains on while cycling. I retreated to it as the higher reps and lower weights didn't bother my joints. It seems this may have been the correct decision, I only hope I don't lose muscle training in this HIIT style and higher rep range off cycle. While I was on nearly 4000 calories on cycle, since coming off and putting on fat, I cut to 2500. It now seems that was a poor decision and could also cause muscle loss, so I increased back to 3240 calories with some increased low intensity cardio (incline treadmill walking 20-30). Thanks for the help and any input on this is highly appreciated. Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Thanks again everyone for your advice so far. Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this post I made (quoted above)?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Well I didnt read all post but some. Marcus and Buster are right on. I would slow down the intensity and sets a few weeks before going on cycle. Then when on, I would go back to the way you were training, this is where you will be the strongest because this is what your body knows. You could throw a couple of weeks in the middle of a little higher reps, then drop back down and finish strong.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    i train 5 days a week ,agonist/antagonist super sets 8-10 reps on cycle. when off 4-3 days full body routines and again agonist/antagonist in less volume.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody95 View Post
    The reason why you want intensity with high reps is because the more intensity you have the more muscle fibers it will tear in the end. But with low reps, you're supposed to take you're time with the reps . It just doesn't give you the burn the high intensity high reps gives you. In the end the higher intensity with the right weight 12-15 reps will tear the most muscle fibers resulting in more gains.
    You absolutely cannot have high intensity with high reps. You may being talking about the RPE scale or rating of perceived exertion. You are not talking about intensity in lifting which is a function of your 1RM max. The higher the intensity the less reps that can be accomplished. Try taking 90% of your 1RM max and doing 12-15 reps with that. 12-15reps with the right weight will not tear the most muscle fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSak View Post
    Not sure I would agree with this at all. To me, this is totally backwards. But to each his own. If you want size, 6-8 reps is ideal.

If you want to keep your gains, then keep your nutrition high enough to sustain your gains. Training wise, what built the muscle will also keep it on you. Just pull back the intensity from time to time, when your body tells you to.
    What built the muscle in a caloric surplus will not always keep the muscle during a caloric deficit. What you said said is completely untrue. Intensity is much better at preserving muscle mass than volume is so if anything you would raise intensity and cut volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123
    What built the muscle in a caloric surplus will not always keep the muscle during a caloric deficit. What you said said is completely untrue. Intensity is much better at preserving muscle mass than volume is so if anything you would raise intensity and cut volume.
    Docd,

Then, what is you take on my situation? What would you recommend?

Docd,

Then, what is you take on my situation? What would you recommend?

As a general statement, I think when cutting you're best served by increasing intensity and lowering volume. For the compound lifts think a few heavy sets of lowish reps. Your isolation lifts can be higher reps and more volume if desired.
    IronClydes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123
    As a general statement, I think when cutting you're best served by increasing intensity and lowering volume. For the compound lifts think a few heavy sets of lowish reps. Your isolation lifts can be higher reps and more volume if desired.
    Thanks Doc,

More specifically. While off cycle for first time and a recovering elbow?

225, 6', 16% bf, bench 320, squat 405, dead 465.

BallSak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Never said anything about a caloric deficit nor anything concerning volume.. So what are you talking about doc?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information