Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Female- 1st cycle-Anavar question

Hirow is offline Female Member

Female- 1st cycle-Anavar question

Hello,

I am 48 yr old female and I started my first cycle of Anavar a little over a week ago. Started @ 5mg for 5 days and been on 10mg for 3 days.
    My starting weight was 137 with about 20% BF

I work out 6 days/week
    Back & Bi's
    Legs & Abs
    Chest, Tri's and shoulder
    Rest day then start over.

I do about 10 min of cardio on either the treadmill or the eliptical on workout days
    Calories are @ 1500/day with 40%P(150g),30%C(113g) & 30%F(50g)

I have been increasing my weight on all my lifts. For instance, yesterday on Lat pull downs i started at 85 and it felt way too easy. (Before Anavar i was doing 80) so i went up 10 lbs. On my last set I was doing 105 and doing it correctly. So I am seeing the benefit of the strength that it gives.

I have gained 5 lbs in a little over a week since I started the Anavar, is this normal? I dont really want to gain much weight because at my age, i am afraid of it being to hard to get rid of.
    My goal is to gain muscle but also be lean looking at the same time. Just wondering if I need to be changing something in my diet?

I have been taking the Yohimbine HCL 5mg in the mornings along with 100 mg of caffeine but i dont think my heart will allow me to take the ehp with it, as it already feels funny sometimes with just the caffeine and the Yohimbine.

Thanks in Advance

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey Hirow,

It's common for females to hold water during a var cycle... However your diet will dictate your results regardless... Along w/your training program! Start there! Also, look at upping your cardio in the mean time... and how much water are you consuming in a day? The more the better...

Also, don't go by what the scale says - take progress pics at the same angle in the same lighting to see what's happening... you may gain weight but look much leaner plus muscle is going to weigh more than fat.

There will be some females along who will be of great help - who have experience w/the ECY stack - if you have anxiety or a bad heart - Id consider the yohimbine HCL as its very potent as well - and the dose your taking is lighter than what most start at(I have anxiety so im sticking w/out it for now) :/

Thank you! I will try to remember to take pictures to keep up with my body changes. As far as the water comsumption, i think it is about a half a gallon per day. Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less, i will try and track it accurately and see if that helps. I havent noticed any bad side effects since I upped the dose to 10mg, other than a little more hair falling out than normal, but i have plenty so that's not really a big deal. It just blows my mind how one small little pill can make you this much stronger.
    On the Yohimbine HCL, if I just take that with caffeine, how much is a good start?

212OlympiaBound is offline Associate Member
    Rule number 1 of anavar cycles:

Your anavar is actually winstrol . I've tested some of the most well known UGL anavar and it always tests as winstrol :/

How would i go about testing what I have to see?

Quote Originally Posted by 212OlympiaBound View Post
    Rule number 1 of anavar cycles:

Your anavar is actually winstrol. I've tested some of the most well known UGL anavar and it always tests as winstrol :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hirow View Post
    How would i go about testing what I have to see?
    Labmax.

Overall, I just put all my female clients on superdrol. Extremely easy to get, cheap as dirt, less androgenic than anavar , and much better strength and mass gains than anavar.

Thank you,

I have ordered the test kit and will see what it says. If it is win, should i continue taking it for a first cycle or stop and do something different? I know this is not a source board, but do i find the superdrol on ugl's also?
    Labmax.

Overall, I just put all my female clients on superdrol. Extremely easy to get, cheap as dirt, less androgenic than anavar, and much better strength and mass gains than anavar.

Thank you,

I have ordered the test kit and will see what it says. If it is win, should i continue taking it for a first cycle or stop and do something different? I know this is not a source board, but do i find the superdrol on ugl's also?
    I would continue taking it, yes. I suppose you would find s-drol in UGL's since the prohormone ban

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I would continue taking it, yes. I suppose you would find s-drol in UGL's since the prohormone ban
    First off up your water intake to at least a GL a day - the more you drink the more you'll expell(and it'll help keep water retention at bay) take note of any sides(if water is getting more pronounced b4 you labmax it) it may be something else - we've had a few females whoe var turned out not to be var!!

I wouldn't go w/a PH for a first cycle regardless - they're sh!t(& more hepatoxic than most AAS) How do you know it's winny?? Yes var is commonly faked for winny(even d-Bol b/c it's so cheap to make) -- I agree labmax it!

I would err on the side of caution going for anything other than var or winny(both do hold water in females - and the ECY stack yohimbine HCL in particular will take the water out of your lower extremities and stubborn areas) - imho var is what you'd want for a first cycle(are you taking any liver support)?? That's a must - get some NAC(dosed at 600mgs) and take 12-1800mgs a day!

Watch for any other sides - are you splitting your dose in two(5mgs am 5mgs pm - 12 hrs apart for more stable blood levels)?
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-03-2015 at 01:54 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Labmax.

Overall, I just put all my female clients on superdrol. Extremely easy to get, cheap as dirt, less androgenic than anavar, and much better strength and mass gains than anavar.

Read her first post she doesn't want to get that much bigger! She's already worried about gaining weight... Although weight(a scale) isn't much of an indicator... imho taking pics in the same lighting at the same angles for progress is much better

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    First off up your water intake to at least a GL a day - the more you drink the more you'll expell(and it'll help keep water retention at bay) take note of any sides(if water is getting more pronounced b4 you labmax it) it may be something else - we've had a few females whoe var turned out not to be var!!

I wouldn't go w/a PH for a first cycle regardless - they're sh!t(& more hepatoxic than most AAS) How do you know it's winny?? Yes var is commonly faked for winny(even d-Bol b/c it's so cheap to make) -- I agree labmax it!

I would err on the side of caution going for anything other than var or winny(both do hold water in females - and the ECY stack yohimbine HCL in particular will take the water out of your lower extremities and stubborn areas) - imho var is what you'd want for a first cycle(are you taking any liver support)?? That's a must - get some NAC(dosed at 600mgs) and take 12-1800mgs a day!

Watch for any other sides - are you splitting your dose in two(5mgs am 5mgs pm - 12 hrs apart for more stable blood levels)?
    Yes, I am splitting the doses, 5 in the am and 5 in the pm. I will up the water and continue to take the Yohimbine and caffeine. I wish i could take the Eph but i just dont trust it. No i am not taking any liver support. I dont want to seem like i am asking dumb questions, but What is NAC? I do take the fish oils.
    I will continue to take it and test it once i get the kit, as I know it is something or i wouldnt be getting the increase in my lifts like I am, it is from biomex labs if that means anything.

Thank you for your help!

I looked up the NAC and found it, thanks again!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I looked up the NAC and found it, thanks again!
    No problem - up your water intake as you mentioned to a GL and if that doesn't help and is tough getting more water down(try mio - at any grocery store it's sugar free and you can add it to your water) it's made a huge difference for me - I upped my water intake to 6-8 liters a day and it really helps w/water retention as will your diet -- it'll dictate your gains(nutrition is the key)!

NAC - N-Acetyl-Cysteine is a liver supplement that'll help keep your liver enzymes from getting elevated(or too elevated) as your ALT/AST will come down after cessation of compound...

I'd also re-consider your winny dosage... Some start w/5mgs ed some 10mgs ed but both would be split doses --

Keep this thread updated GL Hirow!

superdrol is definitely not a prohormone haha.

it was just marketed that way. even so, it is a methylated steroid and will kill your liver if you let it. I got the dose wrong one time and ended up taking 80mg per day. About a week later, I basically had acute liver failure.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    superdrol is definitely not a prohormone haha.

it was just marketed that way. even so, it is a methylated steroid and will kill your liver if you let it. I got the dose wrong one time and ended up taking 80mg per day. About a week later, I basically had acute liver failure.
    I knew of it's hepatoxity - it's methylated - but it was a PH(or marketed like one) until the ban if not mistaken &(you yourself said it up top post 8) -- but I did a quick search - very harsh -

I've not run s-drol b4 - so no experience here - but I know it's known for its quick mass gains... ? - why would you recommend that to a female... If it's that harsh on the liver you couldn't possibly run it long at all(not that a long cycle is needed) but a longer cycle w/lower doses will yield basically the same results(w/the same compounds of course) w/less sides of shorter cycle w/higher dosages...

well for one, females will run it at 5mg or less, so the liver-toxic aspect is negligible to them.

It is also basically the least androgenic steroid aka you won't turn into a man. Var is much more androgenic than sdrol

If you are worried about too much mass, just take less of it.

Of course they marketed it as a prohormone. They're not going to say "come buy this steroid"

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    well for one, females will run it at 5mg or less, so the liver-toxic aspect is negligible to them.

It is also basically the least androgenic steroid aka you won't turn into a man. Var is much more androgenic than sdrol

If you are worried about too much mass, just take less of it.

Of course they marketed it as a prohormone. They're not going to say "come buy this steroid"
    This is true in theory - but we all know things are much different when running something(we're all different) I'm not negating your defense for s-drol - for example a compounds AR binding efficiency etc... Though T-Bol has a andro ratio of 0 it has more virilization properties of var. so you can't just go by the paper ratios either

jooney is offline New Member
    212, I am shocked to hear that superdrol is less androgenic . I have lots of experience with that stuff, as well as many of my friends, and that stuff seems to be extremely strong. I heard many compare it to anadrol , one of the most androgenic and toxic oral compounds made to my knowledge. Not to mention, that stuff is brutal on the insides. Blood work to support that, several times. I know you said only a small amount for a woman, but still I am shocked to hear that. I am not saying you are wrong, just hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by jooney View Post
    212, I am shocked to hear that superdrol is less androgenic. I have lots of experience with that stuff, as well as many of my friends, and that stuff seems to be extremely strong. I heard many compare it to anadrol, one of the most androgenic and toxic oral compounds made to my knowledge. Not to mention, that stuff is brutal on the insides. Blood work to support that, several times. I know you said only a small amount for a woman, but still I am shocked to hear that. I am not saying you are wrong, just hard to believe.
    basically pure anabolic . and yes, it basically put my HDL at 0 and jacked my LDL through the roof. but again, that was 80mg per day.

Tbol is a good one, but I have seen alot of tbol spiked or swapped with dbol or adrol which makes me extremely hesitant to ever recommend it to females. Var is basically always swapped with winny, and sdrol is basically always legit.

okay, i might want to clarify a bit, sdrol is about the same anabolic :androgenic ratio as var. However, you take MUCH less of it to get the same result

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    How did I miss this entire thread. I have to read up on this!
    NACH3 and Hirow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    How did I miss this entire thread. I have to read up on this!
    I would love your opinion as to if i need to do anything different diet wise. I get all protein from food with the exception of one protein shake per day. I have added the NAC as suggested and doing my best to up my water intake to a gal per day. Nach3 has been most helpful.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    okay, i might want to clarify a bit, sdrol is about the same anabolic:androgenic ratio as var. However, you take MUCH less of it to get the same result
    Why tho when var is proven to not cause much if any virilization issues... Regardless of its ratio - plus it's MUCH milder than s-drol on liver!

Again - very similar - yet oh so different! It's like comparing d-Bol to var as far as strength gains go(b/c var has a higher anabolic rating than d-bol(but similar andro rating)doesn't mean it's going to yeild better strength gains than var will lol) not aesthetically as var will yield yet it doesn't even compare to its strength gains! This is what I meant it looks gtg on oaper(w/the AR ratios) yet doesn't always work out that way...
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-04-2015 at 11:10 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I would love your opinion as to if i need to do anything different diet wise. I get all protein from food with the exception of one protein shake per day. I have added the NAC as suggested and doing my best to up my water intake to a gal per day. Nach3 has been most helpful.
    Hirow, sorry for getting off track here in your thread(but it does give you some things to think of

GGR is one of the few women/females I was referring to! She will surely jump in when she gets a chance! When do you think your Labmax test kit is coming?

Why tho when var is proven to not cause much if any virilization issues... Regardless of its ratio - plus it's MUCH milder than s-drol on liver!

Again - very similar - yet oh so different! It's like comparing d-Bol to var as far as strength gains go(b/c var has a higher anabolic rating than d-bol(but similar andro rating)doesn't mean it's going to yeild better strength gains than var will lol) not aesthetically as var will yield yet it doesn't even compare to its strength gains! This is what I meant it looks gtg on oaper(w/the AR ratios) yet doesn't always work out that way...
    Well the main reason i discourage var is because it is ALWAYS winny. There's one powder source in china that is 15% purity var...the rest crap. The other powder sources just crystalize winny differently and push it off as var. If you can actually find legit var that is over 15% pure...go for it. Apparently it's great stuff...IDK i can't find any.

Hirow, sorry for getting off track here in your thread(but it does give you some things to think of

GGR is one of the few women/females I was referring to! She will surely jump in when she gets a chance! When do you think your Labmax test kit is coming?
    That's ok and yes it does give me more information. I looked up the superdrol and I dont plan on doing that at all, for a female I didnt like anything I read about it.
    Test kit will hopefully be here by the end of the week next week.
    Worked shoulders, chest and tri's yesterday and went up 5-10lbs on every exercise. Seeing some virilization but nothing i cant deal with, makes things easier on my husband..lol Havent been on the scale in a few days but i feel much tighter in the arms and the legs, pants are getting tight on the legs. I took a few pictures but I am not very good at pictures in the mirror. I will have to get my husband to take some for me.
    NACH3 likes this.

Well the main reason i discourage var is because it is ALWAYS winny. There's one powder source in china that is 15% purity var...the rest crap. The other powder sources just crystalize winny differently and push it off as var. If you can actually find legit var that is over 15% pure...go for it. Apparently it's great stuff...IDK i can't find any.
    If it does end up being Winny, what should i expect to see as far as results? Are the side effects just worse on the winny than the var? Also, if so many women are getting the actual var and it is the best for women, how in the world would i go about finding it and getting real stuff instead of just wasting my money?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    If it does end up being Winny, what should i expect to see as far as results? Are the side effects just worse on the winny than the var? Also, if so many women are getting the actual var and it is the best for women, how in the world would i go about finding it and getting real stuff instead of just wasting my money?
    Idk - it must be his source that's bad then - (sure var is faked often) but there's PLENTY of females that run var(here) and get REAL var(higher than 15% purity based on results from men at higher doses - not even over 70mgs UGL) so Based off that - RX var a man needs roughly 40-60mgs ed - females can start at 5mgs and taper up - or 10mgs and split it between two doses!

If it's winny you'll feel it in your joints - that's for sure(and winny is cheap to make hence why it's faked for it often) - if it comes back as winny - they are the two more popular AAS compounds for women - I'd wait on GGR or a female w/experience w/the two - b4 making any decisions - but I'd think you'd be fine to run it... Are you having more pain in your joints anywhere? Usually a tell tail sign of winny!

Idk - it must be his source that's bad then - (sure var is faked often) but there's PLENTY of females that run var(here) and get REAL var(higher than 15% purity based on results from men at higher doses - not even over 70mgs UGL) so Based off that - RX var a man needs roughly 40-60mgs ed - females can start at 5mgs and taper up - or 10mgs and split it between two doses!

If it's winny you'll feel it in your joints - that's for sure(and winny is cheap to make hence why it's faked for it often) - if it comes back as winny - they are the two more popular AAS compounds for women - I'd wait on GGR or a female w/experience w/the two - b4 making any decisions - but I'd think you'd be fine to run it... Are you having more pain in your joints anywhere? Usually a tell tail sign of winny!
    I haven't noticed any more pain than the normal. I have a bit of arthritis in my back and in my hands but it hasn't gotten any worse since starting the cycle. Seems like my cardio is suffering more than normal, finding it a little hard to get my breath when my heart rate goes up, but again nothing unbearable. Could be my age, or the fact that i dont really like cardio. I kind of have the mind set of no pain...no gain, so i keep going.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I haven't noticed any more pain than the normal. I have a bit of arthritis in my back and in my hands but it hasn't gotten any worse since starting the cycle. Seems like my cardio is suffering more than normal, finding it a little hard to get my breath when my heart rate goes up, but again nothing unbearable. Could be my age, or the fact that i dont really like cardio. I kind of have the mind set of no pain...no gain, so i keep going.
    I would take very descriptive notes of your on cycle(feelings/body/pain/anything & everything related to this lifestyle) how much your weights have gone up each wk on each BP - that way your at least starting w/that weight or able to bump the weight up again... Taking these notes not only helps you now - but it'll help w/your future cycles - like what to expect/what's normal and what's not(it takes time but it's all worth it - as the sides are what we want to counteract)!

I like your attitude(just be sure to listen to your body) -

Ktd0815 is offline Female Member
    Rule number 1. There's real var out there and for some people it's not that difficult to aquire.
    Rule number 2. Var is not ALWAYS winny.
    Sure, Labmax it and see if it's var or not. I'd say it's fairly accurate at detecting which compound you have in your hands.

I personally would have dropped the bf a little before starting. Everyone has their own opinions on it. But realistically I am not you, you are not anyone else on this forum, and the way your body reacts to what you're taking may or may not be completely different from another person. Maybe 20% is an okay starting point for you. If it's your first time, you'll just have to wait and see. But I don't think it would hurt in any way to have started at a lower bf.
    There will be a lot of trial and error. Sometimes you get it right on the first time but often you don't. And that's okay. As long as you're going about everything safely and have done research, that is. Everyone who decides to take the route of using AAS should know the risks. Decide which risks you're willing to accept. And go from there. Imo var is a great compound. As they say, it's the safest for females and can be quite effective. So you're on the right track. Next step. If you're uncertain about the legitimacy and potency of your source then I would at the very least test it to see what you actually have. Would be best to have an independent labs test results for purity but I get it, that's not always easy to get. Hopefully you have var and not winny. Winny works great for some but var is a safer route. Especially for your desired outcome. Now if you're willing to accept the risk of the purity of the var then go ahead and take it and test it out. Always start low, like you mentioned. Start getting sides you don't like back off some. Luckily the half-life is short on var so your chances of reversing the sides is much higher. Although likely you won't get any harsh sides if you're taking low doses as you should.

And don't look at just the scale. Make sure you're checking your bf too. Im sure you know this already.

The best way to get the results you want is to have had a fair amount of training and diet history. That way you know how your body works. You know what to tweak. Nobody knows you like you do. then when you add an AAS you can manipulate your training and diet more accurately for a better result and less stress on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirow
    Hello, I am 48 yr old female and I started my first cycle of Anavar a little over a week ago. Started @ 5mg for 5 days and been on 10mg for 3 days. My starting weight was 137 with about 20% BF I work out 6 days/week Back & Bi's Legs & Abs Chest, Tri's and shoulder Rest day then start over. I do about 10 min of cardio on either the treadmill or the eliptical on workout days Calories are @ 1500/day with 40%P(150g),30%C(113g) & 30%F(50g) I have been increasing my weight on all my lifts. For instance, yesterday on Lat pull downs i started at 85 and it felt way too easy. (Before Anavar i was doing 80) so i went up 10 lbs. On my last set I was doing 105 and doing it correctly. So I am seeing the benefit of the strength that it gives. I have gained 5 lbs in a little over a week since I started the Anavar, is this normal? I dont really want to gain much weight because at my age, i am afraid of it being to hard to get rid of. My goal is to gain muscle but also be lean looking at the same time. Just wondering if I need to be changing something in my diet? I have been taking the Yohimbine HCL 5mg in the mornings along with 100 mg of caffeine but i dont think my heart will allow me to take the ehp with it, as it already feels funny sometimes with just the caffeine and the Yohimbine. Thanks in Advance
    Hi. Watch sodium intake. For example some egg whites are loaded with sodium. Fake var at 2.5mg made me bloat up 10 lbs overnight.

I ran var from another source and no issues.

All us gals are different esp with hormones. Females are much more unpredictable. I feel nothing at 20mg. I respond much better to primo.

Drink lots of water also. And diet needs to be tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirow
    Yes that NACH is helpful. We like him

I am reading thru your entire thread so if u answered this already I will see soon.

What are your stats. Height weight and b%?

AAS will help you gain LBM. Fat is truly the enemy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3990809722.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	159260

For ^ reason, pics are better indicator of progress then scale. I have a love hate relationship with my scale. Sometimes I put her in detention. Lol

What are your stats?

Quote Originally Posted by 212OlympiaBound
    I have legit var. not saying H is legit. Testing is required!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Idk - it must be his source that's bad then - (sure var is faked often) but there's PLENTY of females that run var(here) and get REAL var(higher than 15% purity based on results from men at higher doses - not even over 70mgs UGL) so Based off that - RX var a man needs roughly 40-60mgs ed - females can start at 5mgs and taper up - or 10mgs and split it between two doses! If it's winny you'll feel it in your joints - that's for sure(and winny is cheap to make hence why it's faked for it often) - if it comes back as winny - they are the two more popular AAS compounds for women - I'd wait on GGR or a female w/experience w/the two - b4 making any decisions - but I'd think you'd be fine to run it... Are you having more pain in your joints anywhere? Usually a tell tail sign of winny!
    NACH is on point. The other sign of winny is hair lost. I didn't I lose hair on var. even if u have a lot of hair, it's the receding hair line that u need to be concerned. Nizoral shampoo will hep. Bosley is a brand can buy over the counter.

Hirow. I see your stats now. I am ok with u staring at 20%. The issue I had was clothes started to get tight due to water retention. My closet has one size, not 5 and that one size fit before AAS. After cycle about 10 days, u will shred the water but I got fluffy and hated that look. I did take a diuretic twice on cycle bc I was a sponge during hot humid days. Ahhh there are well meaning members who dissed me but I am not stupid and took low dose. They just didn't realize how much water I was retaining and we're concerned.

Drinking lots of water will help as much as a diuretic and you will not be as hungry - bonus for dropping fat.

Re your macros...I need more protein and carbs make me bloat so I eat 50% p with more cal coming from fat then carbs. So u have to know how you respond. I am not afraid of fat anymore but eating high fat and high carbs is a bad combination IMHO.

Subbed. I will check in when I can.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Subbed. I will check in when I can.
    Thx for checking up on this thread, GGR!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hirow. I see your stats now. I am ok with u staring at 20%. The issue I had was clothes started to get tight due to water retention. My closet has one size, not 5 and that one size fit before AAS. After cycle about 10 days, u will shred the water but I got fluffy and hated that look. I did take a diuretic twice on cycle bc I was a sponge during hot humid days. Ahhh there are well meaning members who dissed me but I am not stupid and took low dose. They just didn't realize how much water I was retaining and we're concerned.

Drinking lots of water will help as much as a diuretic and you will not be as hungry - bonus for dropping fat.

Re your macros...I need more protein and carbs make me bloat so I eat 50% p with more cal coming from fat then carbs. So u have to know how you respond. I am not afraid of fat anymore but eating high fat and high carbs is a bad combination IMHO.

This^^^ -- also some women just do better w/high P and higher Fs w/low Cs... I'm the opposite My body is C friendly - which my breakdown will be more along the lines of 40P/35-40C/20-25F... But it surely is a learning process!

If unwanted fat or bloating starts - up your cardio and water intake(as mentioned)... GL and keep us posted regarding your labmax test etc

I have legit var. not saying H is legit. Testing is required!
    This is impressive. I (being a hardcore, unforgiving pessimist) was starting to think that real var was just a myth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information