Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: To what extent does the stigma of steroids cause misleading information

SePz is offline New Member

To what extent does the stigma of steroids cause misleading information

Just would like to create a debate here. People argue that steroid use , even if following strict protocols of dosing/pct, WILL GUARANTEE some sort of damage to the endocrine system. I could be completely wrong here but tell me if this makes any sense..

As men, we want to cycle TEST our bodies abundant hormone for masculinity.
    While women, obvious have estrogen.
    So is it dangerous to tamper with hormonal levels?
    Well what problems me is why is it cool for females to take birth control (estrogen/progestin) without having to worry about perma screwing up their bodies? (Please hold the 0.1% that are sterile from BC use)
    Also, BC can be used by females as early as mid-teens.
    But the second someone finds out a guy is juicing, they are stigmatized.
    Guys take test, weather you want to admit it or not, to look good and lay pipe
    Girls take BC to take pipe and not get preg (Ik that sounds ignorant bc a lot of girls use it to control menstrual cycle side effects, length, ect..just trying to make a point here)

Also, why is it that there is no testosterone tablets similar in size/saftey of BC? Women don't have to worry about liver toxicity while on BC, which releases a hormone nearly identical in structure to test and is absorbed in a fairly similar method?

Im a pharmacology major, so I'm either thinking this too deep or too superficial.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Theres a double standard in society, and especcialy in the medical area.
    It is ok for girls, many times teens, to screw around with hormones, but not for men. Many times girls have esthetic reasons to take bc, example acne and bigger bobbies.

Of course, we cannot forget that women taking bc is benefitial also for men regarding pregancy risks.
    Bottom line is that there is a double standard.
    SePz likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB
    Theres a double standard in society, and especcialy in the medical area. It is ok for girls, many times teens, to screw around with hormones, but not for men. Many times girls have esthetic reasons to take bc, example acne and bigger bobbies. Of course, we cannot forget that women taking bc is benefitial also for men regarding pregancy risks. Bottom line is that there is a double standard.
    I find it highly suspect that minors can receive hormone treatments for gender reassignment,women and men for that matter can be inject with Botox, which is the single most toxic neurotoxin, both men and women can undergo risky cosmetic surgeries to look better. Women can undergo elective c-sections to "preserve," their vaginal appearance. YET, both men and women cannot legally have a medical professional help them look better by responsibly using AAS?
    Mr.BB likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SePz View Post
    Also, why is it that there is no testosterone tablets similar in size/saftey of BC? Women don't have to worry about liver toxicity while on BC, which releases a hormone nearly identical in structure to test and is absorbed in a fairly similar method?
    IMO, whilst those with muscle wasting illnesses or low testosterone have legitimate reasons to use test, there aren't many other "ethical" reasons to alter male hormones and therefore the demand for a male test pill is relatively low and I would assume regulations are much tighter. On the other hand the demand for that of birth control for women is significantly higher. Financially and ethically, where is the incentive to develop such a testosterone pill when people are being treated successfully with injections? If female birth control used daily/weekly injections it would be far less popular and result in higher unwanted birth rates.

just my 0.2c

Thread Information