Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Need opinion

MemphisT is offline New Member

Need opinion

So a little about myself I am going on 21 years old and am 5"8 roughly 160 pounds. I already have my diet in check and have a stack prepared. I have been lifting weights for about 6 years but only seriously for about the last 3. (By seriously I mean trained with an ifbb pro and know how to properly lift/diet). The reason I am thinking about doing a stack is because when I started lifting seriously I weighed about 115 pounds and now I am 160. Everytime I hit 160 I peak, and I mean peak! No matter how much I try to change up my workout or get more calories in, I stay the same. I even went from eating clean to eating shitty fast food just in the hopes that i could put on some weight. I am a hard gaining ectomorph so every time I hit 160 I just say **** it, stop lifting for a month and lose 1o or 15 pounds. I always go to this process and get right back up to 160 due to muscle memory, good dieting, etc. I know everyone says, "oh the body doesnt stop growing until 25" and all that bullshit, but I hate gaining a solid amount and then it just all ****ing stops. I really don't plan on using forever I just want to hit my goal of around 175 pounds. I think with proper lifting and dieting I could hit that 175/180 goal from what i've read on a 10 week cycle. I just need someones honest opinion

Below is just where I started at 17 and where I am now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	160.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	159463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	159464
    Last edited by MemphisT; 09-14-2015 at 05:25 PM.

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    Don't do it... Honestly! Don't rush things ur only 21 years old

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisT
    I am a hard gaining ectomorph so every time I hit 160 I just say **** it, stop lifting for a month and lose 1o or 15 pounds. I always go to this process
    That is your problem right there.

You quit when the going gets tough.

Keep training and eat more.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Yea your a little too young buddy, but your looking great so keep it up, try to squeeze more food in

appreciate everyone's opinion I think I'll wait and try to throw a few steaks in my diet to replace the chicken every once in a while, switch the ground turkey for ground beef, and add in a casein shake before bed or something

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    If your trying to gain weight post your diet in the diet section, you might just need more calories

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcGee1987
    If your trying to gain weight post your diet in the diet section, you might just need more calories
    This. Also post your workout routine because these guys here know their shit.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdil511 View Post
    This. Also post your workout routine because these guys here know their shit.
    ^^ this! It's amazing what our bodies get used to plus it adapts so quickly... I agree eat more(clean as it appears you do) train harder.... If you want to grow read this(start from the beginning it'll take a while but it's sooo worth it)

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    ^^ this! It's amazing what our bodies get used to plus it adapts so quickly... I agree eat more(clean as it appears you do) train harder.... If you want to grow read this(start from the beginning it'll take a while but it's sooo worth it)

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**
    This^^. To add, do you know what TDEE is? Do you know what your TDEE is? No? Go to the diet/nutrition forum. Kudos to you for deciding NOT to cycle. That shows some very good decision making ability on your part. Give yourself another 5 yrs, minimum. BTW, welcome!
    NACH3 likes this.

Thankyou everyone for your help I a currently on week four of Arnolds Blueprint to mass I'm thinking of doing some fascial stretching post workout. I don't know if anyone has ever heard of dc training (dc for doggcrapp interestingly enough) but ive read a lot about people putting on serious weight. Its kind of a different form of training where pauses are counted in deep breathes not in time. [Example: pick a weight you can do for 6-8 reps, do as many reps as you can like 8 take 15 big breathes, try to get 4 reps, take another 15 big breathes and shoot for 2 reps on your last set. Overall shooting for 11-14 reps in total] just wrote up my meal plan btw i just bought a gainer today so we'll see how it goes and i forgot to add broccoli in with my lunch and dinner meal. i went out and bought some serious mass. I dont really care about getting fat if thats what it takes and serious mass has a shitton of carbs and calories

(#)- Indicates number of shakes
    *take 5g creatine and glutamine daily
    *take bcaas twice a day
    MEAL PLAN Calories Carbs Protein
    Breakfast- 8am
    5 extra large eggs 400 35g
    Quaker Oatmeal 160 32g
    8oz 2% milk 122 11g 8g

Mid-Lunch-11am
    Peanut butter sandwich 327 30g 15g
    Chobani Greek yogurt 100 7g 18g

Lunch -1pm
    Can Of Tuna 180 45g
    2 Cups of rice 408 88g 8g

PreWorkout-between 3-5pm
    Peanut butter sandwich 327 30g 15g
    nature valley bar 190 14g 10g

Postworkout-7pm
    Banana 105 27g 1g
    shake 820 140g 35g

Dinner-8pm/9pm
    2 Chicken breast (8oz) 281 42g
    2 cups of rice 408 88g 8g

Pre Bed-if needed (11pm/12am)
    Shake 820 140g 35g

TOTAL 3828(1) 467g(1) 242g(1)
    4648(2) 607g(2) 277g(2)

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    The training method your referring to is RPs(rest pauses) it's a beyond failure protocol(if you read that link I provided it'll go into great detail on true positive failure as well as beyond failure protocols(HIT - we shoot for 3-4 reps - 10-15breaths then w/same weight hig another 2-3 reps then you can drop so it too or continue w/the RPs until you can notmove the weight in a concentric movement - you could throw a few partials in there...

Keep your intensity high - and you stil don't want to dirty bulk - your just causing yourself more problems to work off after - Diet is the key to a clean bulk and will dictate your gains!
    LeanBren likes this.

Thread Information