Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ability to keep gains short vs long cycles

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitguy View Post
    Why for 12 weeks then?
    Although my gains slow by the 9th week, I can still make progress (albeit slower) in the final 3 weeks. Having said that, I am also seriously thinking about running shorter cycles (8-9 weeks) in the future. The reason I like the short esters is because I can make gains almost immediately rather than having to wait several weeks to start seeing results. What's also nice is that they are, for the most part, lean gains as opposed to the gains you get from most oral kickstarters, which is one of the reasons I don't like orals (with exceptions).

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    I always use long ester and i dont see any gains start until week 4/5 and it peaks for me at week 7/8 then starts to down from there.

Cant speak for shorter cycles.

Cycles longer than 12 weeks i read to get any more gains you need to double the dose or its just a waste of time.
    That's very accurate!
    TheTaxMan likes this.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Although my gains slow by the 9th week, I can still make progress (albeit slower) in the final 3 weeks. Having said that, I am also seriously thinking about running shorter cycles (8-9 weeks) in the future. The reason I like the short esters is because I can make gains almost immediately rather than having to wait several weeks to start seeing results. What's also nice is that they are, for the most part, lean gains as opposed to the gains you get from most oral kickstarters, which is one of the reasons I don't like orals (with exceptions).
    I think many people don't understand that longer acting esters kick in very fast. For example, test enanthate starts working just about as fast as prop. That's why people gain around 5 pounds of water weight and increase strength during their first week of cycling with test enanthate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    I think many people don't understand that longer acting esters kick in very fast. For example, test enanthate starts working just about as fast as prop. That's why people gain around 5 pounds of water weight and increase strength during their first week of cycling with test enanthate.
    Completely agree, Ronnie. I have run both long and short ester cycles and, yes, I've gained what appears to be mostly water weight in the first weeks of Test E. I just feel the gains I make from the prop early on (and throughout) are much more dry and 'real'. I suppose, all other inputs being equal (training, diet, rest, etc), the net result after the cycle is complete would be very similar...I just chalk it up to personal preference for a number of reasons. I urge all who are experienced enough to SAFELY experiment and find out what works best for them.
    TheTaxMan likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I prefer short ester cycles, although I still run them relatively long (12 weeks). Lean gains start showing at the beginning of the second week, and I can constantly keep gaining until about week 8/9 before they start to slow. That's roughly 6-7 weeks of solid, continuous gains as opposed to Tax's cycles with long esters where his gains are at their peak for an average of 4 weeks. Tax, have you ever thought of giving short esters a try?

Anyway, I have found this is what works for me through trial and error. Pinning everyday or EOD is a pain, but the end result is well worth it IMO.
    If your going to run short esters for 12 weeks at week 7 you should increase your complimentary compound.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    If your going to run short esters for 12 weeks at week 7 you should increase your complimentary compound.
    Interesting, BG. Below is my next cycle coming up. Could you let me know what you suggest increasing the dosages to in the 7th week? And which compounds?

Week 1-12: Test P @ 75mg/day
    Week 1-10: Tren A @ 50mg/day
    Week 1-10: Mast P @ 50mg/day
    Week 1-12: HCG @ 500iu/week

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Interesting, BG. Below is my next cycle coming up. Could you let me know what you suggest increasing the dosages to in the 7th week? And which compounds?

Week 1-12: Test P @ 75mg/day
    Week 1-10: Tren A @ 50mg/day
    Week 1-10: Mast P @ 50mg/day
    Week 1-12: HCG @ 500iu/week
    AI DA?? If sides are gtg add 10-15mgs to your tren a ed(at wk 7 and inky you'll know what you can handle).... & that change Gives you a 105mgs/wk more(= to 525mgs test)... 70mgs/Ed may be a tad too high for you - depends how you handle the sides... Keep E2 in check(always) then Prolactin shouldn't be an issue but still have a DA on hand then any additions or dosage changes will be made at after your mid cycle BW
    Last edited by NACH3; 11-13-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Yes, I will be running Aromasin at 25mg/day. Not sure if you remember, but below is my thread on my proposed cycle, in which you critiqued for me (thanks again, btw).

And thank you for your response to my question above. Going by BG's recommendation of increasing the dose of the complimentary compound, would you just increase the Tren and Mast by the increments you have listed above? Still haven't decided if I want to go this route; I'm leaning towards just keeping it simple this time around, especially since I already have it all planned out...but I will definitely be keeping this approach in mind for the future!

Input on my next cycle

BTW, apologies to the OP for hijacking this thread, although I haven't seen you comment in a while so I'm assuming you already have the advice you were seeking. If not, please chime in, and we can get back on the original subject matter.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Please do a log on your next cycle musclestack id be keen to follow it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan
    Please do a log on your next cycle musclestack id be keen to follow it!
    I will try my best, Tax. I've enrolled in college for this Spring, and between that, working full time, working on a side business, and getting my training/diet in, I will prob have my hands pretty full. If I don't manage to keep up with a log, I will definitely post my weekly results, sides, blood work, etc. in a compiled post after the cycle is finished. I can also post before/after pics.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Weeklys good man its better that way to see the results imo rather than daily updates

Wish you well
    musclestack likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Sorry I didn't get back. Just the tren will work but both would be better. 100mgs ew or so will do. Sometimes I would keep my first dosage down in so that my dosages didn't get to high.
    Last edited by BG; 11-16-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Damn spell check.......trend lol
    musclestack likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information