Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 73rr
  • 1 Post By DrewZ
  • 1 Post By TheTaxMan

Thread: Advice from local gym guy. Other opinions please.

MBTX is offline New Member

Advice from local gym guy. Other opinions please.

New to this and got advice from a local guy on a first cycle. First off I'm 6', 235, 20-23 body fat (guessing from pics I've seen with body fat percentages listed) I've lost about 70 lbs in the last 16 months and have been weight training for the same amount of time. I've put on a decent amount of muscle and feel like I'm still making some decent gains but I want to step the program up a little bit. Met a local guy and he suggested Tren and Test E for my first cycle. Didn't get any further into the conversation which is why I started doing some research online, leading me here. Is it OK to start with both or do I need to stick with test only for now? Thanks

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Test only for first cycle
    MBTX likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    How old are you? You need to Cut your bf nearly in half and just keep going natural for a couple years while you get a good training and eating routine going. Remember your body is just starting to get use to lifting.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    If I were you I would continue doing what you're doing especially if you are still making gains.

In fact I wouldn't even consider it until gains stopped and you are 15% BF or lower.

Welcome to the best resource out there, read read read is the best advice i can give.
    MBTX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    How old are you? You need to Cut your bf nearly in half and just keep going natural for a couple years while you get a good training and eating routine going. Remember your body is just starting to get use to lifting.
    I feel like my diet and routine are good, of course that is after years of eating anything and not working out Lol. But I appreciate your input. I went back and read the sticky about first cycles, should have done that in the first place. I had no idea body fat would play such a big role. But, that's why I'm asking. Now I'll just have plenty of time to read up here and ask more questions before I start anything. Thanks again. Edit, 33 years old
    Last edited by MBTX; 01-11-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    If I were you I would continue doing what you're doing especially if you are still making gains.

In fact I wouldn't even consider it until gains stopped and you are 15% BF or lower.

Welcome to the best resource out there, read read read is the best advice i can give.
    Thank you for your input. As stated, i went back and read what I should have in the first place. I'll keep doing what I'm doing for now and be patient. I told myself I would anyway Lol. Thanks

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF

That's the one I went back and read. Awesome information. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!

paradawx is offline New Member
    It sounds like you need to get your body fat at least to around 15-16% before starting a cycle. If you really are anxious to take some compounds to expedite your results look into cycling some clen to aid your cardio and diet, in order to cut faster set out some macros for your self and hit them every day.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Just my .02 - paleo brought body fat from 20% to 15% in about 5 months with no cardio. I'm 57 and at the time my metabolism was slower than molasses.

Thread Information