Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Female - first anavar cycle - loaded with flu and bloating??

TheTaxLady is offline Female Member

Female - first anavar cycle - loaded with flu and bloating??

Hi everyone

I've started my first var cycle and ever since I've been loaded with flu and bloating has been bad. I was quite defined in the abs area, and now they are none existent??

This will be my 6th day on cycle and my diet is clean and I'm increasing my water intake to compensate.

Can anyone advise if this is normal? Will it go away on its own or do I need to run tamoxifine alongside the var? For all its early days I feel a bit deflated given the hard work I put into my training and diet prior to starting var as I looked rather toned with no water retention prior to starting cycle.

Thanks
    Last edited by TheTaxLady; 02-02-2016 at 09:56 AM.

BeeStung is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxLady View Post
    Hi everyone

I've started my first var cycle and ever since I've been loaded with flu and bloating has been bad. I was quite defined in the abs area, and now they are none existent??

This will be my 6th day on cycle and my diet is clean and I'm increasing my water intake to compensate.

Can anyone advise if this is normal? Will it go away on its own or do I need to run tamoxifine alongside the var? For all its early days I feel a bit deflated given the hard work I put into my training and diet prior to starting var as I looked rather toned with no water retention prior to starting cycle.

Thanks
    im assuming your related to TaxMan and if so he should be able to help. hes a very smart guy

Yeah I'm his wife - I just wanted a bit of a broader response from people who have potentially experienced a Var cycle. He is very knowledgable though ☺️

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    I know the basics

And i know my wife lol she freaks out

Shes on day 6, full of flu (which i know is common on any cycle)
    When shes run down she does bloat a bit,

And of course she over reacts and is blaming the anavar (she also claims shes gone up 5% bodyfat on the scales at her place of work (told how unaccurate they are and its impossible to gain 5% bodyfat in a week with someone training every day with a good diet)

-

I think shes over reacting and panicing and blaming the anavar for bloat after 6 days, i think its her flu, but have told her to reasses in 1 week when the flu has cleared before saying its definatley the anavar.

Her water intake has also been very poor the last few days and told her this must be addressed and she needs to force the water in her.

If in a week her water retention is still there canshe take Nolvadex or an AI to help combat it?

I know anavar is very low for water retention but some women get it and some dont, we just want to know what is the best way to tackle it if in a week she still feels bloated (after the flu has gone and she genuinly improves her water intake)
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-02-2016 at 12:12 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    I know the basics

And i know my wife lol she freaks out

Shes on day 6, full of flu (which i know is common on any cycle)
    When shes run down she does bloat a bit,

And of course she over reacts and is blaming the anavar (she also claims shes gone up 5% bodyfat on the scales at her place of work (told how unaccurate they are and its impossible to gain 5% bodyfat in a week with someone training every day with a good diet)

-

I think shes over reacting and panicing and blaming the anavar for bloat after 6 days, i think its her flu, but have told her to reasses in 1 week when the flu has cleared before saying its definatley the anavar.

Her water intake has also been very poor the last few days and told her this must be addressed and she needs to force the water in her.

If in a week her water retention is still there canshe take Nolvadex or an AI to help combat it?

I know anavar is very low for water retention but some women get it and some dont, we just want to know what is the best way to tackle it if in a week she still feels bloated (after the flu has gone and she genuinly improves her water intake)
    You did labmax this right Tax? Did if come out ok?

Anavar surely does not make women lean out like it does with men(even barring everything is on point - diet/training etc)... It's not uncommon at all for women to hold water in their lower extremities & stubborn areas... have her look into Yohimbine HCL - it pulls water from the lower extremities very well.... it can however, create more anxiety if she has this(hence why I've not tried it yet )

I would have her look into that and definitely have her up her water intake.... B6 can help a lil with water retention(1-2x daily split)... I'd say she's right about the water retention - but 5% BF - it definitely isn't fat it's water.... Up cardio, clean up diet(what's your diet look like TaxLady) what works for your hubby of myself may very well not for you... Do you do better with Fats as your main fuel source or carbs?? If your on a low fat diet high P/Cs then a lil tweak may help... But I also think it's too early to tell - your hormones are influx... Are you taking your Birth control still?! Some do some don't and some when their BF levels drop very low - females tend not to get their period(or light spotting etc) things to look out for...

I'd really concentrate on your cardio/training/& diet of course(this can take time to see what and how your body reacts to certain macros... Do you have your macro split broken down?

Edit* I've seen women run var/nolva stack but I don't think an AI is warranted if she's not taking an aromatizable compound... Id try and fix everything with diet/training and more cardio first! The addition of an ECY stack(ephedrine, caffeine, and Yohimbine HCL - many guys and females run this)and it may help big time... She may not even need the ephedrine whilst the Yohimbine HCL can and will keep her up - so take upon waking and no later than 1-3pm afternoon... This has been Girly's go to stack as well as Drew Z I believe(& MIKE_XXL)... GL
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-02-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    TheTaxLady likes this.

Thanks for the great response as always Nach

Her diet is similair to mine but with a lot less calories

We dont count or calories but the servings are pretty much the same for us everyday, she eats about half of what i do, and its worked wonders for her over the last 6 months shes really leaned in.

Her birth control is the coil so no option to drop that

Since the birth of our son she doesnt really get periods, just the mental side effects of a period which she felt she had last week, then she runs into a flu and has had to have 4 days rest from the gym (since ive met her ive never seen ber take 2 days off in a row, so i know she must be un well)

I think its he mix of period, flu, lack of water intake and like you said a hormone flux.
    She does bloat when period time is here and when shes hit with flu, so i think its rash for her to say "its the var" when there has been other variables.

I think its too early to tell and she could be over reacting or panicing about it.

Will look into the yohimbine and b6, yohombine will take a week to come and we do have ephedrine, i just didnt want her to fill herself with anavar yohimbine and ephedrine on her first run?

Think its best to re asses in a week when her flu clears and she fixes her water intake before jumping on yohimbine and or ephedrine?

GingerbeardJ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Edit* I've seen women run var/nolva stack but I don't think an AI is warranted if she's not taking an aromatizable compound...
    A lot of females run it for weight loss purposes more so than the ai side of it. My wife had great results with Var/Novla combo. She was on a few other things as well but it did wonders for her.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thanks for the response ☺️ My diet is really clean, and I do protein loading on a morning until after noon then I introduced some carbs. I have noticed a huge change in my body fat percentage and my body in general since tweeting this diet and my intense exercise regime that I do, so I know it was working brilliantly. I do however now feel extremely bloated and the lean look in my abs has went puffy and none existent.

Yes we tested the var prior to use and it came back positive.
    NACH3 likes this.

Labmax result

Labmax help

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great response as always Nach

Her diet is similair to mine but with a lot less calories

We dont count or calories but the servings are pretty much the same for us everyday, she eats about half of what i do, and its worked wonders for her over the last 6 months shes really leaned in.

Her birth control is the coil so no option to drop that

Since the birth of our son she doesnt really get periods, just the mental side effects of a period which she felt she had last week, then she runs into a flu and has had to have 4 days rest from the gym (since ive met her ive never seen ber take 2 days off in a row, so i know she must be un well)

I think its he mix of period, flu, lack of water intake and like you said a hormone flux.
    She does bloat when period time is here and when shes hit with flu, so i think its rash for her to say "its the var" when there has been other variables.

I think its too early to tell and she could be over reacting or panicing about it.

Will look into the yohimbine and b6, yohombine will take a week to come and we do have ephedrine, i just didnt want her to fill herself with anavar yohimbine and ephedrine on her first run?

Think its best to re asses in a week when her flu clears and she fixes her water intake before jumping on yohimbine and or ephedrine?
    Yeah have her up her cardio and intensity while weight training... This will help also... I think it's very early myself - and that's a good call to hold off on the Ephedrine(she shouldn't need it if her diet is on point) maybe wait and if she want to try the Yohimbine later on(a few wks in) then that may be all she needs to pull that water out

I think if anything have her up water intake(1-1.5gl/day) the more she drinks the more her body will expel(just keep those electrolytes in her, too)

I'm with you though Tax - it's super early! His many times a wk issue hitting the weights? And how often is she doing cardio(not just bedroom cardio) although it works the abs and burns cals like no other
    TheTaxMan likes this.

I do fasted cardio 4 times per week which is inclusive of: spinning, metafit, abs blast & pressups, body pump & one cross fit Session per week (heavy weights in cross fit) light weights high repetition in body pump (pulse training, lower half upper half and full range movements for all muscles). Boxing on occasion. I train 5 days per week. A minimum of 45 minutes spinning 3 times per week (interval training)

Weights session is one body pump per week and one crossfit session with KB's or barbells. I do more cardio than I do weights. My training is pretty good in my opinion
    NACH3 likes this.

BeeStung is offline Associate Member
    how do you test stuff with lab max?

I will add she has quite a muscular physique as it is she doesnt need to do loads of weights, she can bulk very easy so she just maintains her muscular and focus more on cardio

Id say her training is 65% cardio 35% weights

- we will get her some yohimbine so its on standby as i have to order it from the USA, its banned in the UK for some reason.

I will keep nagging her for the water intake, it does need improved in my opinion, and im in agreement of upping the "bedroom" cardio as well

Whats your thoughts on dandelion root? When looking around today ive seen it mentioned a lot to shift water

Quote Originally Posted by BeeStung View Post
    how do you test stuff with lab max?
    Theres a whole lot of info on google and youtube videos beestung

Its easier for you to watch the vids than for me to waffle on lol
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I will add she has quite a muscular physique as it is she doesnt need to do loads of weights, she can bulk very easy so she just maintains her muscular and focus more on cardio

Id say her training is 65% cardio 35% weights

- we will get her some yohimbine so its on standby as i have to order it from the USA, its banned in the UK for some reason.

I will keep nagging her for the water intake, it does need improved in my opinion, and im in agreement of upping the "bedroom" cardio as well

Whats your thoughts on dandelion root? When looking around today ive seen it mentioned a lot to shift water
    It's a natural supp it won't hurt...

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I do fasted cardio 4 times per week which is inclusive of: spinning, metafit, abs blast & pressups, body pump & one cross fit Session per week (heavy weights in cross fit) light weights high repetition in body pump (pulse training, lower half upper half and full range movements for all muscles). Boxing on occasion. I train 5 days per week. A minimum of 45 minutes spinning 3 times per week (interval training)

Weights session is one body pump per week and one crossfit session with KB's or barbells. I do more cardio than I do weights. My training is pretty good in my opinion
    I'm hoping GGR stops in later - as I know she was doing so much cardio, along with her diet at the time(800cals/day) actually slowed her metabolism... Keep changing things up... Even it's reversing the sequence etc... Our bodies adapt to our training very fast - gotta keep the body in shock! The one thing that helped her dramatically was actually hitting the weights moreso than the cardio(keeping your intensity high is key) in weight training... You may be surprised what 3-4 days of weights and 2-3 days of cardio/HIIT(for active rest days)...

I like your interval training(for cardio)... Did you say you do HIIT(high intensity interval training) as well? It sounds like you do... More than anything it's more trial and error to get everything dialed in... We all think we have great diets(and I know we can always improve upon it) yhats just my take on diet and training(it's taken me 15yrs to realize what type of training suits me best) I wish I had found this forum yrs ago(for the diet and weight training alone) the AAS part is fantastic and the best board hands down... Keep this thread updated

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=BeeStung;7149078]how do you test stuff with lab max?[/QUOTE

You need to start your own threads... Your constantly jumping in on someone else's... Just out of respect.. In future just make your own thread... Thx

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Taking steroids will increase water retention in everyone. Men dont ussually feel it cause it happens to a much less extent, as men are not estrogen dominant, females will feel this much more.

The system by which the body controls the volume of water it is quite complicated and in a estrogen and progestorone enviornment it is probably easier to tilt the balance IMO.

Also, you have to account the extra water held by the muscles, as the steroid induced capacity to hold more glycogen inside the muscle increases also the volume of water will increase, for each gram of glycogen the body requires 3-4 grams of water. This extra water will be noticed by someone that is not used to it, we all remember our first cycle right? So it can be felt as bloat and water retention.

Adding the flu and you may not feel so good. Be carefull with the flu cause it can lead to respiratory infections, just happened to me, I didnt stop a couple for days when I just had flu (work work work ) and it then developed to respiratory infection. You should not do physical activity with the flu, stressing the body when it is already stressed from a virus infection is never a good choice IMO.

Back to the point, the only thing you can do is reduce the dosage to try and control the water retention, dont recommend going the diuretic way as it will add more stress.

Nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate) will only reduce water retention in your breasts area as it will basically kill mammary cells. Dont know if you are interested in this...
    TheTaxLady, NACH3 and TheTaxMan like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    The jury is out on Nolva for females. I posted a thread with Nolva and got poo pooed by respected members of this forum.

I and other females experience water retention on AAS. Estrogen, female ovulation and compounds are not predictable.
    TheTaxLady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxLady
    Hi everyone I've started my first var cycle and ever since I've been loaded with flu and bloating has been bad. I was quite defined in the abs area, and now they are none existent?? This will be my 6th day on cycle and my diet is clean and I'm increasing my water intake to compensate. Can anyone advise if this is normal? Will it go away on its own or do I need to run tamoxifine alongside the var? For all its early days I feel a bit deflated given the hard work I put into my training and diet prior to starting var as I looked rather toned with no water retention prior to starting cycle. Thanks
    What dosage are u taking?

Yeah I do a lot of HIIT, metafit is exactly that, it's a body weighted military style, high impact plyometric workout with sharp bursts of exercise. All my weights I do are high reps, lighter weights, keeping heart rate in fat burn zone (60% mhr) Ish.
    The only one heavy session I do is crossfit which I do a heavy weighted chipper for the full WOD (super setting in your terms ��) and mix this up each week but primarily try and aim for large compound movements such as KB swing, jerks, snatches, box jumps and dead lifts. Sometimes a chipper of bench press and shrugs is added in, on a 40rep,30rep,20rep, 10rep failure - adding a weight increase each time.
    I chose the crossfit sessions depending on what other exercise I have done that week and although susceptible to mixed reviews, I believe crossfit works well for me.

10mgs per day - split
    5 in morning and 5 in evening

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxLady
    10mgs per day - split 5 in morning and 5 in evening
    This is very typical dosage for female.

I gained 7 lbs of water in one day from 2.5 mg. it was an experiment based on research that low dose var proved to reduce fat in lab rats.

Pretty sure my var was faked with dbol .

I found some legit var but found it didn't seem to take well for me. I didn't respond to 10 mg so I upped to 20 split dose. I am not recommending you do this. My point is I still didn't respond. I switched over to primo and had wonderful results.

Water retention is very common side. On a few occasions in very humid climates I did take a diuretic. A very strong one. I was towing so much water. But I found that I wasn't taking in enough water. That plus adding in cardio helped me push the water out.

Re the flu.....seems like winny can cause this. Or it's possible you are getting the flu.

The water will drop off as soon as you quit the cycle.

What were you cycling before? Why did you switch to var?

This is her first cycle GGR
    i was under the impression occasional var is the only solution for AAS for females , unless they want to look very manly.
    Ive read more recently females taking primo, out of interest do you take primo only as a female user?

Also, do you agree with my and naches oroginal posts she should let the flu pass and see whats happening in another week?
    There is loads of flu around at the moment (ive got one myself, it seems we have been passing it back and forth the last few weeks, one gets rid then catches it off the other )

I apologize I thought this was her first var cycle and she had used a different compound previously.

There are several options for females. Var, winny and primo acetate are common first cycles for females cutting and bulking. Some gals use low dose test with short esters as well. I would like to try this myself. My next cycle is masteron .

I cycled var and primo. My dosages were as high as 20mg var and 50 mg primo which I backed off to 20 and 30 respectively. I ran 10 weeks and called the cycle good. I had the typical sides - engorged clit and some head hair loss which was tolerable. When I started growing hair back (after I spent $$$ on laser hair removal) and I started becoming irritated by crap that normally didn't bother me I had to stop 2 weeks short.

Some gals run shorter cycles. 6 weeks. Jump off for 6 weeks and back on. Some like longer cycles at lower dose. I was running higher dose for longer cycle. It's a personal choice.

If I had planned cycle differently, I would have dropped the var for primo. I absolutely love love love primo. And it loved me back. Var did NOTHING for me but I spent a lot of money on very good product.

I ran hgh for 9 glorious months. If I ever have a genie grant me one wish, pharm grade HGH is my 1st choice.

Since the flu is going around and she just started the cycle you may be wasting the product anyway. It works when diet and training are spot on. I probably stop if I had the flu. I can workout thru a cold or sinus infection, but not the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan
    This is her first cycle GGR i was under the impression occasional var is the only solution for AAS for females , unless they want to look very manly. Ive read more recently females taking primo, out of interest do you take primo only as a female user? Also, do you agree with my and naches oroginal posts she should let the flu pass and see whats happening in another week? There is loads of flu around at the moment (ive got one myself, it seems we have been passing it back and forth the last few weeks, one gets rid then catches it off the other )

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Winny is way to harsh for the non-competitor. Legit winny, even at 10mg will cause masculinization very quickly. Stick to anavar and gh if you can afford it. Legit anavar at 10mg is plenty for almost everyone. Many think they need MORE but that is because their diet isn't as good as they think it is. That is plenty and will do wonders if her diet,training,rest is in place.

Primo is very often faked with eq. I've even seen it faked with test prop.

Thanks for the replies, i think its best she just sticks to the anavar , increase the water and see what happens over the coming days with the flu, im absolutely loaded with flu today thanks to her

Will order some yohimbine and b6

Anyone have any thoughts on dandelion root to help water retention and how much to take?

(Sorry for answering for my Mrs, but i did encourage her to try anavar so i feel i have a duty to pitch in and help her)

Thanks again you have all been great help

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thanks for the replies, i think its best she just sticks to the anavar , increase the water and see what happens over the coming days with the flu, im absolutely loaded with flu today thanks to her

Will order some yohimbine and b6

Anyone have any thoughts on dandelion root to help water retention and how much to take?

(Sorry for answering for my Mrs, but i did encourage her to try anavar so i feel i have a duty to pitch in and help her)

Thanks again you have all been great help
    I did better with Uva Ursi for fluid retention until I had to go on a script diurectic, Tax. I just didn't use for extended periods of time 4-6 weeks and then back off of it. You may want to give it a quick Google and see if it looks to be something you would want to try. Also, hawthorne berry worked well and I think it is a little less harsh.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-03-2016 at 03:53 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

We will look into that, thanks AG!

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Winny is way to harsh for the non-competitor. Legit winny, even at 10mg will cause masculinization very quickly. Stick to anavar and gh if you can afford it. Legit anavar at 10mg is plenty for almost everyone. Many think they need MORE but that is because their diet isn't as good as they think it is. That is plenty and will do wonders if her diet,training,rest is in place.

Primo is very often faked with eq. I've even seen it faked with test prop.
    Completely agree here with Mp.

Doing alot more androgenic molecules when she is not even doing strict bodybuilding training and objective is a big risk with probably not enough rewards.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I'm his wife - SNIPP - He is very knowledgable though ☺️
    I would not go that far ;-)

Learn1st is offline Female Member
    A magnesium supliment will help with dropping water retention along with the increase of water intake you are already attempting. Just be careful if you begin to be light headed you have tipped your electro light balance too far and need to add in some potassium and salt to even out.

Hi again, just a quick update.
    I'm now 2 weeks into my cycle and I have found that I had really bad water retention (earlier posts) - I went to Holland and Barratt and purchased B6 tablets as well as their own brand water retention tablets (they recommended them too me). I greatly improved my water intake and took these tablets daily and I can confirm my water retention has all but GONE & I have lean definition coming back ��
    Could not recommend these water retention tablets enough they are fabulous!! I'll post the name of them soon.
    Thanks for everyone's support & responses & a massive thanks to my hubby TheTaxMan for his constant support & reassurance!! ��

Okay so I'm now 3 weeks into cycle and I'm feeling really lethargic and tired all of the time??? Also I feel like it is making me hungry more so than normal? Any suggestions?
    Thanks

BUMP

Can anyone suggest solutions for the lethargic feelings shes getting from the var? Shes struggling through workouts and is so tired come the evening, shes also getting muscle pains particular in the legs, var pumps? Will taurine help?

Thanks all

BUMP Can anyone suggest solutions for the lethargic feelings shes getting from the var? Shes struggling through workouts and is so tired come the evening, shes also getting muscle pains particular in the legs, var pumps? Will taurine help? Thanks all
    is the pains in her calves/shins? Did you test this anavar ?

Lethargy could be from overtraining on her cns. Or could be liver stress. She taking liver and kidney supps?

Yes, taurine will help with the pumps.

Agree with MP about the liver stress, maybe time to check her transaminases (alt/ast).

I have liv 52 she can take, will start her off tomorrow
    but with 10mg of anavar a day i didnt really think liver support would be totaly necessary.

Her pumps she said are like an ache in the full body particular in the legs (which she uses a lot)

A bit like the pain you get on an evening after walking for miles, that dull ache that you cant get rid of.

She hasnt complained of it today but its her rest day, the days shes been training has been painful especialy on an evening when relaxing

Thanks guys

I have liv 52 she can take, will start her off tomorrow but with 10mg of anavar a day i didnt really think liver support would be totaly necessary. Her pumps she said are like an ache in the full body particular in the legs (which she uses a lot) A bit like the pain you get on an evening after walking for miles, that dull ache that you cant get rid of. She hasnt complained of it today but its her rest day, the days shes been training has been painful especialy on an evening when relaxing Thanks guys
    did you confirm this is really anavar ?

I have liv 52 she can take, will start her off tomorrow
    but with 10mg of anavar a day i didnt really think liver support would be totaly necessary.
    Dont panic, not saying it's that, but its something that should be checked.

Her GP will easily order this labs, just ask for liver check up.
    TheTaxMan likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information