• 2 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By numbere
  • 1 Post By Marcus G
  • 2 Post By numbere
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 2 Post By Slacker78
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: 4° cycle with Tren. How to manage HBP ?

Slacker78 is offline Member

4° cycle with Tren. How to manage HBP ?

Hello mates, i'm going to use Tren in my next 4° cycle. I know Tren could raise considerably HBP. I was pretty stable in my previous cycle with Test Enanth/Prop. and Deca , around 120-130/80-85. I never had the need to handle HBP, because my diet helped me to keep it in control. But using Tren, things might change. So, i thinking that in first step, if HBP could raise too much ( over 150/100 ), i should think to manage it.

I'm thinking to use or Losartan or Furosemide to achieve this goal. I should be grateful to you, if you could give me some good tips at what blood pressure threshold i should begin to think to manage the HBP and what drug ( and eventual dosages ) could be better to handle it.

Thank you so much in advance

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    Hello mates, i'm going to use Tren in my next 4° cycle. I know Tren could raise considerably HBP. I was pretty stable in my previous cycle with Test Enanth/Prop. and Deca , around 120-130/80-85. I never had the need to handle HBP, because my diet helped me to keep it in control. But using Tren, things might change. So, i thinking that in first step, if HBP could raise too much ( over 150/100 ), i should think to manage it.

I'm thinking to use or Losartan or Furosemide to achieve this goal. I should be grateful to you, if you could give me some good tips at what blood pressure threshold i should begin to think to manage the HBP and what drug ( and eventual dosages ) could be better to handle it.

The easiest way to control high BP is a a clean diet plenty of water and cardio. If that doesn't bring it down then cut back on Sodium (salt) and you could also use Horthwone berries..

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    The easiest way to control high BP is a a clean diet plenty of water and cardio. If that doesn't bring it down then cut back on Sodium (salt) and you could also use Horthwone berries..
    Cochrane did a massive review of 34 studies which examined the effect of salt restriction on reducing blood pressure.

They found that restricting sodium intake only reduced blood pressure by a few mm Hg on average.

Plus salt is what makes things taste bad when it isn’t in them lol.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member

Furosemide?!? Are you crazy? Dont do that.

Use Irbesartan as it has 15 hours half life, start with 75mg, 150mg should be enough. Or candesartan, better to dose it twice a day, 4mg twice a day should be enough to control your blood pressure.

Just use ARBs in case of consistent high blood pressure. If you got to doctor and you have high BP there doesnt mean you have high BP, measure at home several times a day.

Cut on the ristretto
    DocToxin8 and Slacker78 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Cochrane did a massive review of 34 studies which examined the effect of salt restriction on reducing blood pressure.

They found that restricting sodium intake only reduced blood pressure by a few mm Hg on average.

Indeed, there's so much demonization about salt... where its control in a diet acts a little on HBP caused by AAS.
    Last edited by Slacker78; 04-28-2017 at 05:08 AM.

So just by lowering salt it's not effective for lowering BP but it would make a difference when used with other natural remedies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Use Irbesartan as it has 15 hours half life, start with 75mg, 150mg should be enough. Or candesartan, better to dose it twice a day, 4mg twice a day should be enough to control your blood pressure.

Just use ARBs in case of consistent high blood pressure. If you got to doctor and you have high BP there doesnt mean you have high BP, measure at home several times a day.

Cut on the ristretto
    Ohhhh Mr.BB Yes, my choice was going to the Sartrians it about. Ok, perfect, i already have Losartan here. I will use it as you suggested me thank you mate ! :*

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member

How much Tren do you plan to use?

I'd use ang2 blockers if BP goes over 140/90 and refrain from diuretics unless in the unlikely circumstance oedema develops.

My fav is telmisartan which has other benefits along BP, it's dosed once daily and estimated lowering power is 20% at 40mg.
    Slacker78 and DocToxin8 like this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Cut on the ristretto
    Atacand/candesartan does a great job for me. Have been on it since the early '90s. It works very well alongside my Coreg/carvedilol.
    I don't know how the pricing system is where you live, but it saved me about $40/ month if I have the Dr. write the script for 8mg tabs and I split them in half vs. having the pharmacy dispense 4mg tabs.
    Slacker78 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Perfect, guys. Thank you so much !

What should it be the threshold where could it be advisable to take Sartrians/ARBs ? I think over 140/90, it could be a starting point which evaluate to take the ARBs....

So just by lowering salt it's not effective for lowering BP but it would make a difference when used with other natural remedies.
    Not really, the idea that salt is bad for your health is perpetuated myth.

Removing sodium from your diet will cause more harm than good.

Sodium is a crucial electrolyte.
    Slacker78 likes this.

OK what I ment was added Sodium

You can't remove salt at all from your diet. The amount you're already have in many foods in themselves, is enough to cover all RDA for healthy people.

You can't remove salt at all from your diet. The amount you're already have in many foods in themselves, is enough to cover all RDA for healthy people.
    Again it was my mistake I was referring to added Sodium
    Slacker78 likes this.

OK what I ment was added Sodium
    Well Marcus you have your work cut out for you trying to convince an Italian to stay away from cold cuts, mixed pasta and cheese.
    almostgone and Slacker78 like this.

Sodium comes from salt.
    Salt is sodium chloride.
    NaCl
    Na=sodium
    Cl=chloride

Well Marcus you have your work cut out for you trying to convince an Italian to stay away from cold cuts, mixed pasta and cheese.
    Lol well it's no issue as long as BP isn't too high. I mean I definitely don't cut out added Sodium but that's because I don't have a BP issue (not saying you do either).

I'm atypical Italian one... 'cause i follow BB diet

I agree, salt control in my diet helps me with my bp when on 19-nor cycle.

I'm atypical Italian one... 'cause i follow BB diet
    Carbs all day every day?

I haven't had pasta in years, I just have my potatoes nowadays, maybe some oat and buckwheat.

Lunch meats I avoid them like disease, also I don't understand why buy cured, processed meat when fresh is 5x cheaper and readily available.

Just don't touch my lavazza coffee, duh.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Carbs all day every day?

I haven't had pasta in years, I just have my potatoes nowadays, maybe some oat and buckwheat.

Lunch meats I avoid them like disease, also I don't understand why buy cured, processed meat when fresh is 5x cheaper and readily available.

Just don't touch my lavazza coffee, duh.
    That's what i often do I take carbo just from rice, potatos and bio-pasta made with spelt flour. I have butcher shop in front of my house, and i always buy meat and chicken only there

Lavazza coffee forever !
    Last edited by Slacker78; 04-29-2017 at 05:42 AM.
    hammerheart and songdog like this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm thinking of trying the ARBs soon,
    but have had great results with ramipril.
    No sides.
    ARBs and ACE Inhibitors works in somewhat the same way; both depressing Ang2 signaling.
    Ramipril also has secondary effects that are positive,
    but I've seen temilsartan being praised for much of the same.

Anyway, find one that agrees with you, they are really good medicines for BP,
    (With added bonus of increasing insulin sensitivity f.ex),
    and for most, no side effects at all.

But they don't lower BP that much either.
    But usually enough. That's also why they're so safe, small chance of hypotension happening. They also have a ceiling effect.
    If I take 50mg ramipril I won't get much more effect than at 10mg really.

AAS upregulate Ang2 expression I believe, so makes sense to cure the source of the problems.
    Furosemide is more of a acute help sorta thing IMO.
    Don't want to stay on that.

Tried using it for a week once.
    (Just to get more vascular)

Eventually muscles I didn't know I had started cramping up.
    From muscles in my legs, abs, lats to muscles in my neck and throat.
    Some kalium/potassium chloride tablets and magnesium fixed that,
    but I stopped the diuretics too.
    They make you weak as well. And even more sweaty. Nasty stuff.
    Great for looking better in 4 hours though.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Ohhhh Mr.BB Yes, my choice was going to the Sartrians it about. Ok, perfect, i already have Losartan here. I will use it as you suggested me thank you mate ! :*
    What is sartrians?

Losartan works, there newer ARBs but it ok. Better dose it twice a day, 6-9 hours half life (if im not mistaken).

About the diuretic, furosemide is the wrong kind for BP. IF you really have high BP, together with water retention, edema, red face, etc the better option is hydrochlorothiazide. There is medications already with it coupled with ARB.
    Slacker78 likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You guys really worry about BP being 140/90?

I agree with what Marcus said, most BB avoid cardio like the plague. If they did even moderate cardiovascular training, I don't think the effects on BP would be nearly as pronounced. Right now at 215lbs, 14% ish BF and full on 500mg a week of Deca and HRT.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    You guys really worry about BP being 140/90?

I agree with what Marcus said, most BB avoid cardio like the plague. If they did even moderate cardiovascular training, I don't think the effects on BP would be nearly as pronounced. Right now at 215lbs, 14% ish BF and full on 500mg a week of Deca and HRT.
    I was curious... do you use AI with deca only?

Yep my normal is 115/75 thus I'm not happy to see BP at 140/90 as happened lately.

Thread Information