Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: First cycle, 60 YR old male

JBurb is offline New Member

First cycle, 60 YR old male

Hey guys, Im new to the site and have questions. Im a 60 yr old male in decent health. Ive been on TRT through my doctor off and on for about 5 yrs. Went back on in May. My T level was at 58, which is very low. She put me on Test C, 200mg every two weeks. I have thought about doing a cycle and researched everything I could find for a few months before taking the plunge. I am 9 weeks in on a 10 week cycle and looking pretty good. My gear is Test E and C with an AI EOD. Started at 250 mg/wk for 3 wks then bumped up to 500mg/wk. Last two weeks 600mg/wk with final dose at 250 again. I will get blood work again after cycle is over. My question is: is it safe at my age to cycle? My stats:
    5'8" 163lbs,
    Body fat at around 20%

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Welcome! 60 years old and still lifting is excellent. Coming up on 54 years old myself.

Before we get into the whole cycle thing, I would suggest you improve.your TRT. I've been on that same every 2 week protocol before and I can promise you you will feel even better on a protocol of injecting smaller amounts 2x/week and incorporating HCG . Please do some reading here:

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...nt-anti-aging/

Yes, you can safely cycle, but you need to educate yourself on how to do so. The cycle you have listed is less than ideal, but now is a good time to educate yourself for your next cycle. The thread below will help you with that:

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...rst-cycle.html

Again, I really encourage you to visit the hormone replacement forum I mentioned before. Currently, I am on a self-injection protocol which consists of .3cc/60mg of test cyp twice per week, and HCG @ 250iu/week, with no aromatase inhibitor.

My total T is 743.1 on a scale of 264-919ng/dL, my free T is 24.6 on a scale of 7.2.- 24 pg/mL, and my E2 is 31.5 on a scale of 8-35 pg/mL.

Your free T is what your really concerned with as this is what the body can use. Also make sure you keep track of your E2 (estradiol). Most guys find that they feel better at the upper end of the range for E2.

There a lot more to it than what I posted, but that should help you get started.

Really glad to have you join the forum! There are quite a few of us here in the 50 and over group.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-22-2018 at 07:44 AM.
    JBurb likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

JBurb is offline New Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I will read and educate myself further through the links suggested. I really, really appreciate the help.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JBurb View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I will read and educate myself further through the links suggested. I really, really appreciate the help.
    Really glad to have you here, JBurb! I think you'll find the guys in the HRT/GRT forum particularly helpful in regards to improving your injection protocol/frequency.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information