Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By German89

Thread: Prevent acne on first cycle? Did I do something wrong?

Kingen is offline New Member

Prevent acne on first cycle? Did I do something wrong?

Hey guys, Last year I did my first cycle, test e 250mg e5d with 0.25mg arimidex eod.

Now I've been on accutane the last 9 months and will still need like 2 more months of that this, cause of the acnecysts I got on my back.

My question is if I did something wrong or if I'm just unlucky.

While using 0.25mg arimidex eod I took a blood test and my estrogen was still high. So I took like 0.5mg eod after that (thinking it was fake stuff). Can this have ANY impact on acne?

Could I've done anything else to prevent this? I'd like to know if I decide to try another cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Yes it could but......

You had either fake or way way under dosed adex if e2 was high with .25eod on 250mg test e5d. You pretty much put yourself on trt.

I'd get bloods to see what's going on.
    Last edited by Couchlockd; 09-27-2018 at 09:24 AM.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In your case it sounds like you're sensitive to DHT which is the main cause of acne, although I have heard that estrogen can play a role as well. The important thing is the RATIO of these hormones to one another.

Hopefully your acne is gone after being on accutane for NINE months! That seems like a long time to be on such a toxic drug.

You didn't do anything "wrong" so to speak. You hit the genetic jackpot for being sensitive to DHT lol congrats! I'm messin with you but honestly it's pretty common man. A litle while back I was stacking a few compounds, and when I added in deca my back exploded with painful, cystic acne and it was a horrible experience. Not only did it look really bad when I took my shirt off, but I constantly has blood on my shirts and if I leaned back on the wrong spot it would hurt like hell!

So I know what you went though/going through....Moving forward, here are a few things you can do to prevent acne or treat it if you already have it.

1. Get an exfoliating towel (my girl bought me one from Ulta Beauty and it's the best quality so I'd get that one. I tried one from CVS but it wasnt the same material and didn't work as well)

2. Get 10% benzyl peroxide acne wash

3. Try to shower every morning and every night

4. While showering, put the benzyl peroxide on the exfoliating towel and scrub the hell out of your back and shoulders for 30 seconds or so, and stand away from the water so the medicine can sit on your back and shoulders for a solid 90 seconds (you'll feel it start to burn. That's when you know it's penetrated the pores and you're good to wash it off)

5. Not sure where you live but if you're close to a beach try to go once a week for an hour and get in the salt water and let the sun hit your back (I use MT2 so I don't burn and the tan comes out nicely)

6. Do not wear shirts twice unless you didn't sweat at all when wearing it the first time (easier to just throw shirts in hamper after wearing once, keeps bacteria under control and is just cleaner although yes your shirts will fade faster but it's clothes, we can always buy more lol.

Then there's other stuff that was recommended to me like blue light therapy but I ended up resolving my issue by doing these things.

You may also want to look into supplementing with saw palmetto and other DHT modulators that will help decrease the conversion of testosterone to DHT. There are also pharmaceutical DHT blockers like finasteride but I think that should be a last resort..

Hope there's some good info in here for you. Good luck buddy! Acne sucks I hope those days are behind both of us for good.

If you are genetically predisposed to acne, you are 4x more likely to break out when your androgen level rise due to increase in Testosterone . Not much you can do about that. That's the way your body works. Alpha's give some really good advice on how to prevent acne while on cycle.

I got severe backne and chestne on my first cycle. I looked like a leper. It was a bummer that I couldn't take my shirt off due to acne when I was dying to show off my new muscles. LOL What I found was that as I continued to cycle, the acne lessened. My body got used to the cycles and now, after many cycles, I get one or two pimples during a cycle. Hang in there.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

German89 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    I battle acne as well.

Ever try accutane? (I havent but want to)

Things i do to keep my face, semi clear.

Wash, wash, wash.
    Exfoliate
    Benzoyl face was and lotion
    Barred soap, i like to use Irish spring aloe
    Zinc
    Charcoal soap
    I eat a tomato a day
    And, that's all i can really think of.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    A close younger juicer friend of mine is like this

We're almost on the same gear the whole time

But, his upper back went straight toad - his acne is deep & all over the place

Yet - I only get a few half decent sized backne here & there

Boostedbk1 is offline New Member
    My first cycle I ran 500mg of test c for 10 weeks had zero side effects
    My second cycle I ran 500mg of test e for 10 weeks from a different source and had zero side effects until 2 months after the cycle.
    I had extremely bad acne on chest back and neck. (Will provide pics.)
    I had to run accutane for 10 months.
    After accutane I ran another cycle of test c from original source and 6 month off as of now and zero side effect.
    With all this being said idk it was the quality of the products or the different blends. I didn’t run and AI or pct just because neither source could get it.
    Maybe look into a new source or a different product. And of course use the AI and Pct it is much safer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBE0279F-C083-4F71-98E4-27477DB29549.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	550.8 KB 
ID:	174263
    Last edited by Boostedbk1; 09-28-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Adding pictures

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    ^ Daum!

German89 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Get to a dermatologist!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boostedbk1 View Post
    My first cycle I ran 500mg of test c for 10 weeks had zero side effects
    My second cycle I ran 500mg of test e for 10 weeks from a different source and had zero side effects until 2 months after the cycle.
    I had extremely bad acne on chest back and neck. (Will provide pics.)
    I had to run accutane for 10 months.
    After accutane I ran another cycle of test c from original source and 6 month off as of now and zero side effect.
    With all this being said idk it was the quality of the products or the different blends. I didn’t run and AI or pct just because neither source could get it.
    Maybe look into a new source or a different product. And of course use the AI and Pct it is much safer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBE0279F-C083-4F71-98E4-27477DB29549.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	550.8 KB 
ID:	174263
    Alright my man you do realize how serious that acne is right?

Do you realize the type of infection you can get if that starts getting infected your entire back might need grafted after it's all said and done get to a doctor get that shit taken care of it's beyond the help of forums.

Actually now I'm looking at some 9f 5he most fucked up acne cases from steroids on Google images.

I've been 99.9% scared straight. Don't know if I'm ever putting sauce in me again.

Time to break out my clomid and nolva and go back to regular.

Boostedbk1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Alright my man you do realize how serious that acne is right?

Do you realize the type of infection you can get if that starts getting infected your entire back might need grafted after it's all said and done get to a doctor get that shit taken care of it's beyond the help of forums.

I have man, it’s been gone. That was 2 years ago. It’s was a pretty rough process. It left some pretty rough scaring that the dermatologist said could be fixed no problem, but the amount of money it would have to was insane. I’ve already went through another cycle and came out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Boostedbk1 View Post
    I have man, it’s been gone. That was 2 years ago. It’s was a pretty rough process. It left some pretty rough scaring that the dermatologist said could be fixed no problem, but the amount of money it would have to was insane. I’ve already went through another cycle and came out great.
    Good that's good to hear.

I got a bit of acne on chest maybe 20 heads total.

It friggin sucks.

I'm a cook, so on the weekends when I'm off 2 days, it starts fading, but come Tuesday it's back full force

Thread Information