Jedi1337 is offline Junior Member

Hcg desensitization

Hi all,

I suspect my leydig cells are desensitized. Cut a long story short, I took a low dose of hcg while on a long cycle (6m). I was doing 250iu 2* per week for about 12 weeks.

I have been off the test and now on another cycle.

While it seems the hcg is preventing my balls from shrinking, they are not growing either. I distinctly remember as well that hcg used to make my balls harden, which is not the case this time round.

The hcg is causing water noticeable water retention, though.

Am I desensitized? From what I understand, there is no coming back from this?

Constructive comment welcome

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if I understand correctly
    What is HCG desensitizing and what is going on? Your balls are still atrophied or they're just not as big as you think they should be? Any links or studies for this
    Have you tried increasing hcg to 500iu twice a week?

The water retention could be estrogen

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Only study I have ever seen showing desensitization was in rats that were (per lb) given the equivalent dosage of 12,000iu in a human.

It has been spoken of for years, but even in the rat study the levels returned to normal upon discontinuation of the administration, in 2 weeks... I think? Been a couple years.

Maybe someone can shine a light on new studies etc...

Obs
    I can also promise you if you use aas in high enough doses for long enough your balls will shrink, hcg or not.

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with Obs here.
    The hcg doses you are using are not enough to desensitize your Leydig cells.
    Please remember, testicle size is not always in correlation with testicular function.

edmondle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi1337 View Post
    Hi all,

I suspect my leydig cells are desensitized. Cut a long story short, I took a low dose of hcg while on a long cycle (6m). I was doing 250iu 2* per week for about 12 weeks.

I have been off the test and now on another cycle.

While it seems the hcg is preventing my balls from shrinking, they are not growing either. I distinctly remember as well that hcg used to make my balls harden, which is not the case this time round.

The hcg is causing water noticeable water retention, though.

Am I desensitized? From what I understand, there is no coming back from this?

Constructive comment welcome

Your leydig cell will be fine on 250iuX2, the study I heard from Dr Rand is like over 3000iu a week.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The God Himself View Post
    I agree with Obs here.
    The hcg doses you are using are not enough to desensitize your Leydig cells.
    Please remember, testicle size is not always in correlation with testicular function.
    Do you happen to know if there's a testicle size difference between 500 vs 1000 IU pw? I noticed some shrinkage on 500 and I wonder if I should increase it (I'm on TRT).

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Do you happen to know if there's a testicle size difference between 500 vs 1000 IU pw? I noticed some shrinkage on 500 and I wonder if I should increase it (I'm on TRT).
    This subject needs more study, you will get varying opinions.
    Fact is though you may have them return yto normal once you come off cycle.

Or they may not...

I have increased to 1000 per week before and never experienced any difference really.

Thread Information