kiki123 is offline Associate Member

Lump below injection site, virgin muscle

Injected 5 days ago into my left delt, vigin muscle. 250cc of test e. Was not the best pin, I'm left handed so still a novice at pinning using right hand and was a bit shaky. There is now a pronounced bump about 4 inches below the injection site, ever so slightly red. Injection site itself is completely fine. Not itchyness where the lump is and no fever. Just dull pip like pain and feels hard to the touch. Injection site itself is fine no pain or redness there. I'm 3 pins into my first cycle ever. 1st pin was into right delt and had pip that went away after 6 days, the pip was also about 4 inches below injection site, no pain where the pin went in. 3rd pin into my glute was a dream and no pip whatsoever. Can I please have some advice on what the hell is going on? Why is the bump below the injection site? Should I be concerned? I was using 21gauge to draw and 25gauge to pin. Another thing to note, in my haste it was the only injection I forgot to swab the top of the vial. It's my only mis step in regards to hygiene so far.
    Last edited by kiki123; 06-15-2020 at 12:11 AM.

acoddo is offline New Member
    Wouldn't worry about it. If you have signs of am infection, go to urgent care

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’m seeing a lot of these as of late with delt injections for some reason. Thought it was just me, but this is about the third post I’ve seen in two weeks.
    Essentially, the injection got rejected from the muscle and pooled in the fascia, which is why it’s well below the injection site.
    It’s firm because it’s not just oil in it; there’s all of the stuff your body starts applying to break injections down.
    The redness is likely just a skin reaction to the BA/BB that’s used. If your skin is anything like mine, it doesn’t take much to get it all pissed off and irritated.
    Warm compress and some light massaging will help with breakdown and absorption.

Thanks for the replies. Yep two days later its not hurting anymore and no swelling. 1st attempt to pin opposite delt and its got me confused how to do it without contorting myself into a weird position. I'll go find some videos on how to do it properly.

I find it funny I've been a member since 2010 yet I'm a junior member lol. Anyways to add to my post above, I'm currently rotating between delts and glutes. 2 pins a week. In a few days I'll be back to delts and I'm a bit concerned since pip seems worse there. I'll put it down to virgin muscle and bad technique, will see if practice makes perfect and I can avoid the pip best as possible next time.

Everyone’s different, but I’d say you’re likely right on the virgin muscle thing. Side delts are now one of the few muscles where I can stick higher concentration short esters and not get pip, but they’ve been part of my rotation for years.

I think for my next pin I'll try delts again and if I'm still getting this issue I'll choose another area. It would be nice to just stick with glutes as its so much easier but I don't think that's a good idea to just stick to one area.

Quote Originally Posted by kiki123 View Post
    I think for my next pin I'll try delts again and if I'm still getting this issue I'll choose another area. It would be nice to just stick with glutes as its so much easier but I don't think that's a good idea to just stick to one area.
    You’re definitely right on there, especially if you ever plan on running cycles that do better with ED injections. I have 14 locations, so even during those, I never hit the same spot more than once every couple of weeks.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Shit happens

Hundred & hundreds of injections later - I still get surprises

Just watch em closely - all we can do. Just sucks when you’re shit starts aching & swelling

Thread Information