Thread: The Simpsons

mr newbreed is offline Banned

The Simpsons

ive just watched the simpsons movie,have you seen it-i live in the uk,is it still as big in the states as it used to be.it seems to have gone right down hill and i used to love watching it

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    I havent seen the movie..

That bad??

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc.
    I havent seen the movie..

That bad??

Merc.
    its not what you would expect,the ideas are starting to run dry.it has been running for years though so we gotta expect it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr newbreed
    its not what you would expect,the ideas are starting to run dry.it has been running for years though so we gotta expect it
    Ya its been on forever. I kinda wanted to see it but if it sucks that bad I am not going to..

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc.
    Ya its been on forever. I kinda wanted to see it but if it sucks that bad I am not going to..

Merc.
    i dont want to put you off dude,if your a fan you gotta see it to-just to say you have.

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    nah the movie is not bad at all

the show has been on for something like 14 years the quality has taken a hit in that time but its still a classic show and the movie is worth watching

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Agreed. Its certainly had its moments though. i passed on the movie, didnt have any interest in seeing it

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    The movie was decent and I buy every season that comes out on the day it hit the stores but I think season 10 is my last one (maybe 11 and that really is it because the writing has went to shit) Do you think the guy that made the show ever reads the internet? everyone says the series sucks anymore yet they still do guest appearances and stupid shit like that, wtf? I still watch the dvds and actually cry sometimes I laugh so hardnow I don't even bother watching.

peace_frog is offline Associate Member
    I still think its great. When something is on for so long , it can just tend to feel old after a while. I think the writing is still pretty close to what it used to be honestly. Comparing some older ones to know isnt that big of a difference really. Some old ones are better, but there were just as many crappy ones in the first few seasons are their are now. The longevity of it speaks for itself. I truely think the longer something is on the less I tend to feel the need to tune into it ALL the time. Many shows get like this for me. Its human nature. When I see a new simpsons I generally love it, but if Ive gotten into a new show thats captivated me and is on at the same time, Ill tend to be ok hoping to catch it in re-run.

The movie was a good movie for what it was. My biggest complaint is that they took it OUT of Springfield. They tried to make sure every character ever made was in a scene. I wish there had been more Mos Tavern, more Mr. Burns, more Nelson, more Flanders and Barney and Willy. Instead, it was a whole new premise that didnt seem to connect to me personally as a fan of the show.

I was however happy to see they picked VT as the official Springfeild home of the simpsons. I live about an hour from there. The big premiere was awesome. I hope they make another movie that involves the town and their every day trite struggles. Homer not going to the bar or work? Cmon, thats half the fun of most shows. Hopefully a second will be better.(did everyone watch it right down to the very last credit?)

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply fellas..

merc.

Quote Originally Posted by peace_frog
    I still think its great. When something is on for so long , it can just tend to feel old after a while. I think the writing is still pretty close to what it used to be honestly. Comparing some older ones to know isnt that big of a difference really. Some old ones are better, but there were just as many crappy ones in the first few seasons are their are now. The longevity of it speaks for itself. I truely think the longer something is on the less I tend to feel the need to tune into it ALL the time. Many shows get like this for me. Its human nature. When I see a new simpsons I generally love it, but if Ive gotten into a new show thats captivated me and is on at the same time, Ill tend to be ok hoping to catch it in re-run.

The movie was a good movie for what it was. My biggest complaint is that they took it OUT of Springfield. They tried to make sure every character ever made was in a scene. I wish there had been more Mos Tavern, more Mr. Burns, more Nelson, more Flanders and Barney and Willy. Instead, it was a whole new premise that didnt seem to connect to me personally as a fan of the show.

I was however happy to see they picked VT as the official Springfeild home of the simpsons. I live about an hour from there. The big premiere was awesome. I hope they make another movie that involves the town and their every day trite struggles. Homer not going to the bar or work? Cmon, thats half the fun of most shows. Hopefully a second will be better.(did everyone watch it right down to the very last credit?)
    no was there something more?

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    no was there something more?

Yes .... the hint of a sequel

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    4 starts out of 5 for me... it was punchline after punchline after punchline... my type of movie

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    was like a long simpson episode...

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    i didnt think it was anything like the show...

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    it was good i thought

Thread Information