Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bruce Lee sucks!!

treant is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfamale View Post
    Im soo tired of people that thinks that Bruce Lee would have even a slight chans againt a top ranked MMA fighter whit MMA rules or a top ranked Muay thai fighter whit thai rules. You must understand that Bruce Lee was an actor and not a God whit hands like knives or what ever. And if hes system (Jet kun do) is so great why hasent their been a top fighter whit that background in all these years? I have seen all hes movies and the guys he playfight against is also actors (mostly) and they also suxs, big time.
    And please understand that weight does matter and ive seen morons that say it dosent and that big guys has bad stamina and so on....Ofcourse a small guy has easier to get great stamina but if you train 10-15 times/week as all top fighters do you get great stamina what ever weightclass you compete in. And by the way Bruce would be owned by guys in hes weight class also.
    I im sure that all guys that have Bruce Lee as a winner in this imaginefight havent been competing in a higher level. Because if they had you would know that competetive fighting has evolved hugely in all these years and it still do.
    So to all "belivers" of Bruce where a God stop fooling your self and start train seriously and quit looking at old kung-fu movies.

Ok.. The reason Jeet Kune Do isn't used is because it basically died with Bruce. He didn't really train anyone else to train it.. and because of that.. theres maybe a FEW people who train it in various places and they are not taught by Bruce but by.. I think. Dan Insonato? Im not sure about that...

but anyways, it is a NEW art and hasn't had time to become established, and secondly Bruce was about COMBAT.. Not SPORT. His martial arts were based on fighting in real life.. not in a ring.

Bruce Lee's technique would of course become more refined if he had to train with these guys.. I'll put it this way, take ANYONE from the 70's and they won't do well against these MMA guys because its a different game and the different disciplines are for the first time meeting in the ring.. I think he would do fairly well though.. for a few reasons:

1) He ACTUALLY fought.. He was not just a show peice, in China he regularly got into fights and even had to defend himself against ARMED attackers several times.
    2) His conditioning was INSANE. AT LEAST on par with any of the pro's
    3) He was OBSESSED with skill in the fighting arts.. It was his true passion. Sure he was an actor for a while AFTER the fact, but his LIFE and his real daily routine was based around physical fitness and martial arts.
    4) He got bigger than people think. He went up to 180 pounds and he was SOLID as **** and not very tall.. So that would have put his strength and power above anyone in his weight class.
    5) He was fast.. and he COULD KICK.. In MMA you have to be able to kick and you have to be fast, he had both of those things..

So all in all, if you just threw him into the ring he would have done fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe View Post
    Bruce was 135lbs! Nuff said.......

MJ

Thats absolute bullshit.. Royce Gracie at like 150 or 160 STOMPED guys over 100 pounds heavier.. That was BARE KNUCKLE.. And Bruce Lee could weigh whatever he wanted.. he got up to 180 pure muscle, but decided it was too bulky and trimmed down.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    This thread sucks.

and it's 10 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ender- View Post
    This thread sucks.

and it's 10 years old.

Hmm. Good addition to this.. sucky.. dead thread

Actually being that it got a lot of people in debate I think it's a pretty good thread.. although I completely disagree with the initial post..

thatyoungdr is offline New Member
    OP, you need to do more research. Find some legit videos online of real fights and training, not Hollywood. Jeet kune do is a brilliant fighting form

blake702 is offline Junior Member
    This post was begging for controversy!
    The movies are obviously not his fighting technique, no more than the expendables displays Randy Cotoure's (Randy is a 3 time heavy weight and 2 time light heavy weight champion in case you didn't follow his career). Bruce Lee is the father of MMA, his sytem was to take what works from other styles and use what works for you (basically mma). He would have done just fine in MMA. He regularly trained with chuck norris (while he was the kickboxing champion of the world, and back then kickboxing was a big deal), learned wrestling in college and excelled at it, learned judo from gene labelle (ronda rousey's judo instructor), so his grappling was fine, and excelled at various striking arts which he demonstrated in many exhibition matches (with no weight classes). For his weight, he was incredibly strong, as you can see from the demonstrations on youtube with the one inch punch, finger pushups, bag work, ect. He did all this, without many training partners. If he lived today with the current gyms and training to take advantage, I'm sure he would do great in mma.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information