Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bruce Lee sucks!!

Heywood Jablome is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crag
    Bruce lee in his weight division in MMA would do okay I think. He knew what was what about fighting, and also new what he was putting on the big screen was just about show biz.

Of course he could not tangle with heavyweights in the UFC.He is not superman at 135.

However something most people may be missing with MMA though, is that it's entire game would change with a few less rules.

Such as including Eye strikes, groin strikes and biting.

For example with groin grabs and biting the MMA and BJJ guard would become a lot rarer, since you would not want to lay about with your legs around some guy who can just reach down and get a handful of nuts everytime.

Also a quick eyestriker or ball kicking dude like Bruce may win a lot more before it even went to the ground.
    In the first 4 UFC's groin strikes were legal. Didn't matter, grappling arts still dominated.

The guard is becoming less prevalent today in MMA simply because more people study BJJ and submissions, making it more difficult to submit people.

My question again is how many people practice eye strikes on a live resisting human? I doubt any do because they wouldn't have any training partners. Listen a boxer throws hundreds sometimes thousands of punches on a given day - both on a heavy bag and on live training partners. A Boxer with years and years of practice still doesn't have the pinpoint accuracy to hit a trained resisting fighter when and where he wants to at will. Most times they have to throw many punches and combinations to inflict the damage they want. So how can one reasonably expect that a guy that doesn't get to practive eye strikes will be that much more accurate than a boxer who practices throwing punches with accuracy for hours per day?

The answer is you can't. Also if these people could strike an area as samll as the eye with pimpoint accuracy why couldn't they hit any fighter at any time flush on the chin which is a greater surface area? That's because the whole arguement is BS!

If you expand the rules and let a MMA'er eye gouge then the MMA'er will be able to eye gouge more consistenly because they'll be applying the technique from a superior position. If you're under my side control and you try to poke my eye out I'm going to take your arm and break it. But if you're under my mount and I decide to poke your eyes out I'm going to.

Before anyone goes any further with this eye gouging/groin strike arguement see if you can comprehend the points I've made. I think if you look at it honestly you'll see what I'm trying to say.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Perfectly said Heywood...Couldn't have said it better.....

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Thanks everyone here for being such great fans. I just love my life

I decied to cut the crap and simply add the people to the ignore list, that will solve the problem for good, its really a great feature on the board cause you actually dont see what people write and they cant pm you.

Cheers everyone.

Samson1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Thanks everyone here for being such great fans. I just love my life
    Nob

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    actually the flying knee knockout by James Irvin in the UFC fight was a good Bruce Lee demo

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster
    actually the flying knee knockout by James Irvin in the UFC fight was a good Bruce Lee demo
    Actually not - it was a good example of classic Muay Thai in an MMA setting.

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    heh heh

simm is offline Senior Member
    F****n great knee!!!!!! SPARKO......hahahaha

coalkick is offline New Member
    First off....it's JEET Kun Do....2nd, Lee was a martial artist long before his Hollywood career. He was something special....his body was a machine....never been anybody like him, nor will there ever.

Source: http://www.myodynamics.com/articles/bruce.html

His body was not a machine. He had many flaws including lower body strength. This is a fair assesment of Bruce Lee - great upper body strength, terrible lower body strength, average aerobic capacity (below that of elite kickboxers of today to illustrate). Bruce Lee never competed in sanctioned martial arts events,

Bruce Lee is basically a monster created from his success of film, where numerous takes can per performed until the desired technique is performed without flaw. That's the end product you see, but most accept it as an indication of his true ability.

I'm so tired of TMA and Bruce Lee proponents saying how great TMA's and Bruce Lee is/where/are. If you want to prove it strap on some gloves and get in there with a true modern MMA'er.

I hope people take the time to read the link. If I can't post links here I'm sorry - I'll reference and put up the whole article if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by coalkick
    First off....it's JEET Kun Do....2nd, Lee was a martial artist long before his Hollywood career. He was something special....his body was a machine....never been anybody like him, nor will there ever.
    1) Jeet Kun Do is supposed to be the style of no style so it's derrivative by its very definition. So saying something is Jeet Kun Do is inaccurate since no techniques belong to JKD since it is a 'styleless' art.

2) Read the article above - he never competed in sanctioned martial arts events, never proved his skill in a verifiable setting. I could tell you I'm the greatest fighter ever but if I don't prove it by competing in sanctioned events (which I have) it's just all hot air. Like the article said - if Michael Jordan proclaimed he was the greatest Basketball player ever, but refused to play in the NBA you'd have to doubt him.

Heywood Jablome could not have said it better myself, you are so right. Would be fun to close this post now.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    Lee began his formal martial arts training at the age of 13 in Wing Chun Gung Fu under Hong Kong master Yip Man. Like most martial arts schools at that time, Yip Man's classes were often taught by the highest ranking student. The highest ranked student under Yip Man was Wong Shun Leung; among Lee's peers were Hawkins Cheung and William Cheung (no relation to each other). Lee didn't finish Yip Man's Wing Chun curriculum. But ..

Due to his father's entertainment industry connections, Lee was a child actor in several 1950s Hong Kong movies by the way if u didnt know he was born in 1940s so he was a actor 3 years befor he started martial arts so lets end the fighting on this

rock hard is offline New Member
    lol i think after all of this SONAR1234(lol again) is probly going to ban his own ass, well atleast i would if i was him

now i reply to the topic, i am a huge fan of bruce and think he's defenitly in the bad ass hall of fame, but truth is that no matter how bad the man is there is aways another guy out there who is bader

rock hard your one idiot, i said i was sorry and discovered the ignore list where your name will end up has well.

Why should i get banned, i have stopped the dumb crap posting, why cant i just have fun here like anyone else.

Doors is offline Junior Member
    U just can't compare bruse lee.

Tony Jaa

Buffman is offline Associate Member
    bruce lee suxxxxxx!!!!

Buffman is offline Associate Member
    hmm, MERRY X-MAS BTW

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfamale
    Im soo tired of people that thinks that Bruce Lee would have even a slight chans againt a top ranked MMA fighter whit MMA rules or a top ranked Muay thai fighter whit thai rules. You must understand that Bruce Lee was an actor and not a God whit hands like knives or what ever. And if hes system (Jet kun do) is so great why hasent their been a top fighter whit that background in all these years? I have seen all hes movies and the guys he playfight against is also actors (mostly) and they also suxs, big time.
    And please understand that weight does matter and ive seen morons that say it dosent and that big guys has bad stamina and so on....Ofcourse a small guy has easier to get great stamina but if you train 10-15 times/week as all top fighters do you get great stamina what ever weightclass you compete in. And by the way Bruce would be owned by guys in hes weight class also.
    I im sure that all guys that have Bruce Lee as a winner in this imaginefight havent been competing in a higher level. Because if they had you would know that competetive fighting has evolved hugely in all these years and it still do.
    So to all "belivers" of Bruce where a God stop fooling your self and start train seriously and quit looking at old kung-fu movies.
    if he were here now you wouldn't tell him he sucks cause he'd **** you up

goose is offline Banned
    Bruce lee was a great actor.His main art was wing chung.In Wing chung you dont develop bi muscles,all the movements are with your arms with your tri.His body was build for movies,a proper wing chung master would not have that type of body.
    Even a guy like Tank in his prime would kill him in the ring.

goose....

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I don't think we should diss on a guy who first started the idea of cross training. Also Jeet kwon do is an idea not a style. Lee himself said one of his biggest fears was it would become a system. Its an Idea that you yourself come to realize your strengths and design a system whtat works for you

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    bruce lee never really competed at anything I dont think. Therefore I just overlook him.

Merry X mas Bruce Lee, man this tread is so old

Abdulbarr is offline New Member
    Allow me to give you the facts. Bruce Lee holds the worlds fastest and hardest punch record in ALL weight classes. Not even 300 Lb bodybuilders can throw a harder punch. He tore a punching bag in half with one kick and he could punch through a phone book. He threw a man back 5 feet with a play punch from one inch away. That means one hit and you're done. Lets talk about his speed too. He was so fast that the camera couldn't catch him so for his movies he had to slow himself down. Good luck to any MMA fight dodging or blocking that. After recording his punch force studies even said that he could reach into a man chest with one punch, deep enough to pull his heart out. Look up the facts, there is no mma fighter with a faster not stronger punch or kick.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^^^I'm so glad that after 8 years you have finally set the record straight. We can all breathe now!!!!!

davesah1 is offline Member
    Bruce Lee would f*ck me up so I aint gonna talk shit.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    FFS how old is this thread that gets bumped again?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Folks, let's understand a few things. Bruce Lee was way ahead of his time. movies are just that, movies. Within the movie Enter the Dragon, the opening match is an mma type fight, which is what he was preaching back then. He was into boxing back then, besides wrestling and other disciplines. A similar thing was happening even in Brazil where the traditional Gracie's from Helios side thought all they needed was bjj where as the Gracies from the Carleson lineage cross trained in boxing and even wrestling. Point is if you are just judging him by the movies you know absolutely nothing about his beliefs and training.

Snake-eye is offline New Member
    Oh man. Had to post before I even read all the post. There is only one answer to this and it is not arguable. Bruce lee would have been untouchable! Nobody trains like him. He was and still is the knowledge and inspiration behind 90 percent of today's fighters. Done.

Remember when the Gracie's first came into mma and nobody could touch them?

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Ive nothing to say about his strengths or weakness.

When he was showing himself off to the cameras films or demos they say the film needed to be dumbed down to see some of what your eyes where missing since bruce was evading the cameras eyes even when he tried to work it less.

Theres a newer or old i dont know documentary out there with more of his friends describing him and some of his lectures being the first about going from a no contact sport to what it is now.

Blog Entries
    Let me know when you can play ping-pong with nunchucks..

Blog Entries
    Or when you're the fastest kicker in the world

Blog Entries
    he was a superhuman when it came to strength and especially pound for pound
    Lee's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats.[43][44][45][46] The following list are the physical feats that are documented and supported by reliable sources.
    • Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.[47]
    • Lee could spring a 235lb opponent 15 feet away with a 1 inch punch.[46]
    • Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film at 24fps, so many scenes were shot in 32fps to put Lee in slow motion. Normally martial arts films are sped up.[48][49][50]
    • In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.[51]
    • Lee could perform push ups using only his thumbs[39][46]
    • Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.[45]
    • Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks.[39]
    • Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger[46][52][39][46]
    • Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.[53]
    • From a standing position, Lee could hold a 125lb barbell straight out. [45][39]
    • Lee could break wooden boards six inches thick.[54]
    • Lee performed a side kick while training with James Coburn and broke a 150-pound punching bag[45][55]
    • Lee could cause a 300-lb bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.
    • In a move that has been dubbed "Dragon Flag", Lee could perform leg lifts with only his shoulder blades resting on the edge of a bench and suspend his legs and torso perfectly horizontal midair.
    • Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened steel cans of Coca-Cola, at a time before cans were made of the softer aluminum metal.[57]
    • Lee would use one finger to leave dramatic indentations on pine wood.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100
    Let me know when you can play ping-pong with nunchucks..
    Definitely didn't happen.

Kozmo is offline Associate Member
    Do some research you can't compare anybody to bruce. Professional fighting is entertainment not real fighting. Stop bumping this dump

piro20 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdulbarr View Post
    Allow me to give you the facts. Bruce Lee holds the worlds fastest and hardest punch record in ALL weight classes. Not even 300 Lb bodybuilders can throw a harder punch. He tore a punching bag in half with one kick and he could punch through a phone book. He threw a man back 5 feet with a play punch from one inch away. That means one hit and you're done. Lets talk about his speed too. He was so fast that the camera couldn't catch him so for his movies he had to slow himself down. Good luck to any MMA fight dodging or blocking that. After recording his punch force studies even said that he could reach into a man chest with one punch, deep enough to pull his heart out. Look up the facts, there is no mma fighter with a faster not stronger punch or kick.
    I think u need to re think what u r saying and look up your facts. Yes he could send a man flying across a room with the one inch punch, it's called weight displacement and lots of people can do it. And yes he was fast as ****, but speed ussaually doesn't transfer into power. Fighting only evolves and gets better and only the best fighting styles stand the test of time and the ring. If his fighting style was the best and worked everyone would be doing it, but they r not. Give your head a real hard shake buddy, professional mma fighters would **** up Bruce Lee and I am a huge Bruce Lee fan.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bruce Lee was the man and he revolutionized the Martial Arts. You obviously know nothing of his history and have no leg to stand on with regard to what you just posted. TROLL
    NYbeastMode likes this.

NYbeastMode is offline New Member
    Lol I'm slow..

The Bruce Lee ping pong shit was a Bruce lee look a like for a commercial.. fake as helll..
    Bruce was extremely fast and word crush any mma fighter near his weight class today IMHO.. yeah I know this threads old as hell lol.
    Last edited by NYbeastMode; 03-10-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information