Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Shogun and Wand speak!

from tatame.com...translated from Portuguese to English

Shogun:

Mauricio Shogun is now in Brazil to be rehabilitated from the injury he suffered to his right arm during a fight against American wrester Mark Coleman in Pride 31. Shogun fell on top of his arm during a fall applied by Coleman and is now waiting for his doctor opinion to know how long he will have to stay away from the ring. "I was with tendonitis in my two arm and at the time of the fall the arm came out of place. I ended up dislocating my arms, hyperextended the ligament and broke the bone. Yesterday I had an MRI scan, but the doctor hasn't mentioned how long it will take me to recover." The following is told from Shogun in an exclusive interview that states below.

What really happened to your arm? What was the doctor's diagnosis?

"I was with tendonitis in my two arm and at the time of the fall the arm came out of place. I ended up dislocating my arms, hyperextended the ligament and broke the bone. Yesterday I had an MRI scan, but the doctor hasn't mentioned how long it will take me to recover." I needed this MRI for the doctor to evaluate the situation better, now we will see in a week, if I can take this plate from my arm off and begin physiotherapy.

You were without fights since the GP final in August 2005. In that time afterwards you gave seminars, was on holidays and celebrated your title. That could of affected your training? How much time did you have to train, before you faced Coleman?

In not one moment did these factors affect my training. After the GP I rested a bit, and returned to help Wanderlei prepare for his pride final against Ricardo Arona. after that I spent two weeks in the US giving seminars, and spent three weeks training hard for Coleman. I was in the best physical shape, and for the first time I entered to fight without losing weight. I always need to lose a lest 10 kilos, but this time I didn't have to.
    I don't think what happened was because of my preparation, it was an accident> I was centain that I was going to bring him a great fight, I had some bad luck.

Do you think that you could have done something to defend against the fall?

Of course, but everthing happened so fast. When he caught my leg i turned my back to attack, but he caught my other leg as well, and I was not able to stand and badly fell. I had I lot of people criticise me, saying I don't know how to defend against a fall, but I that is just jealousy from those that don't like Chute Boxe and their support. Also I would like to leave a message for my fans, would that be possible?

Of course Shogun, you are free to do so...

I want to thank my family, and the Chute Box family, and all my fans for the support they have giving me. It is them that has gave me strenght to win over hard time and conquer all my objectives. It is them that has giving me positive energy to achieve all my dreams. That is all i wanted to say. I just want to thank everone of them.

After the fight, you caught up with Coleman in the Hall?

We caught up to him, and he wanted to offer his apologies, but we didn't accept and master Rudimar(Fedrigo) took me straight away to the hospital because I was in so much pain and saw nothing else. But It seemed that more confusion nearly started outside the ring. The adren****e in the ring is strong, but he said alot of bullshit after the fight, and was very rude during inside the ring.

Do you want a rematch against Coleman?

Of course I want a rematch against Coleman. As soon as I am better, I will train for the fight.

Wanderlei Silva:

"They come to me in the corridor to say they were sorry, but after what he did to Shogun, is my brother, i dont want any sorrys. I challenged Coleman and he accepted, he said he want fight me. I pointed to Baroni and i challenged him too, he looked at me almost crying and asked "why me?" i said "you too!", Than i challenged Q. Jackson and he looked at me and said "but why me?", i answear: "if you want it, theres enough for you too" - Told us Wand, that waits for a pride answear in order to know if he fights in the openweight GP or not!"

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I think Shogun and Coleman acted appropriately during this whole deal. Wanderlei is, to be honest, acting like an ass. Why was he challenging Rampage Jackson?! Because he's friends with Coleman? Uh', this isn't a gang war. It's supposed to be a professional sport...

I should add that I used to be a huge Wanderlei fan, but now I am losing a lot of respect for him. Inside the ring he is still a stud, outside the ring he is acting like a child/thug...

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I should add that I used to be a huge Wanderlei fan, but now I am losing a lot of respect for him. Inside the ring he is still a stud, outside the ring he is acting like a child/thug...

Yeah, Wand has lost it, god forbid he become upset that his team mate is hurt and his opponent goes ape shit. Coleman is so professional. I agree.

Don't worry, Coleman will be KOd once again and everyone will then somehow remember that he is no longer anything and will go back to being a has been.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I think this is turning into a rivalary I want to see more of...some Chute Boxe vs. Hammerhouse, obviously overall Chute Boxe has better fighters but it would be nice to see Ninja vs. Baroni and Wandy vs. Coleman. Then Shogun vs. Coleman in a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Yeah, Wand has lost it, god forbid he become upset that his team mate is hurt and his opponent goes ape shit. Coleman is so professional. I agree.

Don't worry, Coleman will be KOd once again and everyone will then somehow remember that he is no longer anything and will go back to being a has been.
    Coleman will probably get KTFO, I agree! Like I said, I'm still a fan of him inside the ring. However Coleman did NOT go "ape shit." He was attacked. He didn't punch or kick Shogun when he was down. He didn't do anything illegal that caused the injury. He even tried to apologize for the whole mess. That's the difference between boys/thugs and men.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    ... i could beat up Wandi. :|

BIGRTHABETTR is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    I think this is turning into a rivalary I want to see more of...some Chute Boxe vs. Hammerhouse, obviously overall Chute Boxe has better fighters but it would be nice to see Ninja vs. Baroni and Wandy vs. Coleman. Then Shogun vs. Coleman in a rematch.
    My thoughts also, and about Wandy....why not challenge evryone there, fuc it.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Coleman will probably get KTFO, I agree! Like I said, I'm still a fan of him inside the ring. However Coleman did NOT go "ape shit." He was attacked. He didn't punch or kick Shogun when he was down. He didn't do anything illegal that caused the injury. He even tried to apologize for the whole mess. That's the difference between boys/thugs and men.

Coleman flings the ref, ref grabs a leg and Coleman still looking like he wants to attack and then Ninja stands up and says something and then Coleman explodes in rage cursing Ninja and then Baroni grabs Coleman and pulls him to the other side of the ring and it was at this time that Wand comes flying across the ring.

Then Coleman goes on a huge cursing spree backstage calling them all "Cheap Mother****ers" etc..calling them all out. And then later trys to apologise, well its hard to apologise for that and its not gonna work.

When has Wand, Couture, Franklin, Liddell ever gone apeshit after a win like Coleman did? They have control of themselves and always stop when told to by the ref.

Niether is right in this situation but Coleman is far from innocent.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    When has Wand, Couture, Franklin, Liddell ever gone apeshit after a win like Coleman did?.

I can name another time when Wand charged into the ring.

and liddell actually too

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh wait nevermind those were after the matches.

Every athlete (in his forties) in a sport like MMA is a has been. You cannot expect Coleman to perfrom on the same level as guys 10-15 years younger than he is. Why do you have to make all the negative remarks about Coleman?

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Why do you have to make all the negative remarks about Coleman?
    Your right, i truly respected Coleman as a person and a fighter but after this i lost respect for him as a person. Win and be happy, celebrate but never disrespect the other side. Have confidence in yourself but don't try to act like you are some billy bad ass when the whole world has seen that you are'nt.

Should Wand have jumped into the ring? No, but i can understand why he did.

Coleman could have let it go but make no mistake that Chute Boxe heard/saw his backstage cursing spree about them where he challenged everybody, that is why their is alot of hate going on between Chute Boxe and Hammerhouse. Chute Boxe will finish it in the ring like professionals and all of us will be happy to watch it.

So at least we got some good out of this ugly ass situation, no?

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Your right, i truly respected Coleman as a person and a fighter but after this i lost respect for him as a person. Win and be happy, celebrate but never disrespect the other side. Have confidence in yourself but don't try to act like you are some billy bad ass when the whole world has seen that you are'nt.

Should Wand have jumped into the ring? No, but i can understand why he did.

Coleman could have let it go but make no mistake that Chute Boxe heard/saw his backstage cursing spree about them where he challenged everybody, that is why their is alot of hate going on between Chute Boxe and Hammerhouse. Chute Boxe will finish it in the ring like professionals and all of us will be happy to watch it.

So at least we got some good out of this ugly ass situation, no?
    I dont understand how you can justify anyone running into the ring to start a fight after a fight has just ended , and you know full well that if it had been coleman who ran into the ring(or anbody else that that you dont nuthug like chutebox) you'd be flipping out like the rest of us, I agree with the last comment, this is gonna be good, all the pre-fight hype and watching hammer house get KTFO, I just think you need to look at this from a neutral viewpoint and not let you man-crush on shogun get in the way.....
    Last edited by Tedbear981; 03-03-2006 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    I dont understand how you can justify anyone running into the ring to start a fight after a fight has just ended , and you know full well that if it had been coleman who ran into the ring(or anbody else that that you dont nuthug like chutebox) you'd be flipping out like the rest of us, I agree with the last comment, this is gonna be good, all the pre-fight hype and watching hammer house get KTFO, I just think you need to look at this from a neutral viewpoint and not let you man-crush on shogun get in the way.....:wg:
    Exactly. To tell you the truth I'm not even a Coleman fan but everyone can see the situation for what it is.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Quinton should be left out of this, he is a gentleman not like the other 2.

Wandy against Baroni i would pay for that fight, and i really damn hope Wandy vs Coleman happens too.

I wanna see the axe murderer come back and do what he does best KTFO people and head kick them on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Quinton should be left out of this, he is a gentleman not like the other 2.
    Wandy against Baroni i would pay for that fight, and i really damn hope Wandy vs Coleman happens too.

I wanna see the axe murderer come back and do what he does best KTFO people and head kick them on the ground.
    WTF? I hope that you are being sarcastic.

Sepsis is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    ... i could beat up Wandi. :|

yeah, with a stick, while he was asleep. or maybe if you suckerpunched him at the urinal.

Stackt007 is offline Associate Member
    That was a nasty fall ,man I never seen Coleman this ripped he looked aggressive and faster hmmm must be the creatine ! I cant wait for the no weight division tournament !

Thread Information