BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

USfighterFC. Did we just lock our first thread today?.

I can't believe it. Seriously, someone is going to pay for this one. I absolutely refuse to let this forum turn into another lounge.

Guys, the very natural of our sport (martial arts) requires us to show the highest respect and discipline. I'm pissed guys, very pissed.

No way is this going to be the start of any sh*t, this has to be nipped in the bud.

dammit.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I can't believe it. Seriously, someone is going to pay for this one. I absolutely refuse to let this forum turn into another lounge.

Guys, the very natural of our sport (martial arts) requires us to show the highest respect and discipline. I'm pissed guys, very pissed.

No way is this going to be the start of any sh*t, this has to be nipped in the bud.

dammit.

Yeah, I'm tryin to stay away from the gun talk. I have no quarrel with guns but no need to have the threads hijacked over it.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    my bad, i started it

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    my bad, i started it

It's nobodies fault crane so dont feel bad over it, lets just stay on topic thats all. The last thing we want this forum to turn into is another sherdog.com forum where it is a total nightmare where everyone runs wild.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    hold on,

Your question was posed in a self-defense atmosphere - if anyone is going to be attacked in the next 3 months (i'm assuming with the possability of being killed) it certainly isnt a wrong answer to dismiss martial arts all together and say your going to carry a firearm in that situation.

However, some of the responses seemed a bit immature i agree

(BOUNCER's question)Answer yes or no, and then just a short statement to each question.

1. If you knew without a doubt that you would be attacked in 3 months time, you don't know how many will attack you or where. Would you change your method of training?.

2. If you absolutely knew for certain you'd never be attacked for the rest of your life, would you change your training, or train at all?.

-BOUNCER

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    hold on,

Your question was posed in a self-defense atmosphere - if anyone is going to be attacked in the next 3 months (i'm assuming with the possability of being killed) it certainly isnt a wrong answer to dismiss martial arts all together and say your going to carry a firearm in that situation.

However, some of the responses seemed a bit immature i agree

First off this is a martial arts forum, not a gun self defense forum. If it was a gun forum then everyone would say "Pull their gun and shoot the guy" Not a very engaging debate that would be.

Secondly this is a mixed martial arts forum and lastly, this is a mixed martial arts forum. Questions anyone?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Exactly why you do not see a response from me on there. I agree, the petty BS needs to be nipped in the bud.

This a fighting forum..not a firearm forum, not a cooking forum, so all threads should hvae something to do with fighting/self defense IMO.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    you need at least to add 3 rules

1) no wwe bullshit allowed

2) no gangbanging bullshit allowed

3) require at leats one TKD sucks thread per week.

that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    First off this is a martial arts forum, not a gun self defense forum. If it was a gun forum then everyone would say "Pull their gun and shoot the guy" Not a very engaging debate that would be.

Secondly this is a mixed martial arts forum and lastly, this is a mixed martial arts forum. Questions anyone?
    Actually, it's the "BOXING / FIGHTING/ WRESTLING" forum -

"fighting" is a broad term, especially when it concerns the severity of life-threatening self-defense and BOUNCER's question did not have any boundries. That being said, it isn't unreasonable to answer that you would carry a weapon.

hold on
    I'll hold on to nothing.

Furthermore if we're talking about self defence around here its terms of reference is in the confines of martial arts. If you want to talk about traditional weapons used in various styles please feel free to do so. This isn't a gunslingers forum for christ sake.

USfighterFC thanks for the back up, this forum has come on in leaps and bounds since your promotion, thanks for your input.

-BOUNCER.

Actually, it's the "BOXING / FIGHTING/ WRESTLING" forum -

"fighting" is a broad term, especially when it concerns the severity of life-threatening self-defense and BOUNCER's question did not have any boundries. That being said, it isn't unreasonable to answer that you would carry a weapon.
    Yea maybe we should move all the Iraq war threads in here too, I hear there's alot of FIGHTING over there. Some are even using GUNS to DEFEND themselves.

See the problem now!. You guys aren't children (90% of the lounge is). Use your common sense.

Of course we could draw up a set of rules for this forum, but I like to say 'Rules are for the obdience of fools and the guidence of wisemen', and so in that light USfighterFC and Ninja I'll be in touch soon.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    in all honesty, it seems like this has gotten entirely out of hand. aside from your 'two questions' thread, things seem to be pretty civil in here. its basically a smaller group of us who discuss our styles of fighting and the issues that concern them. ya, that one got out of hand, but it was an innocent mistake. when i first read your post i thought, well shit, id carry a gun. but ya, my common sense did know that the post and discussion would be worthless if everyone was allowed to not follow certain constraints. and i think that GQBouncer is correct, it is a fighting forum, so to some it could be misleading in that other aspects, like guns, are to be discussed. its not like someone came in here and was asking about marital problems under the guise of a 'fighting' question. but then again, here i am, not 'nipping it in the bud' like you stated in the first post of this thread, so i admit i am part of the problem now. but i just wanted to put this out there. maybe both of the threads should be locked/deleted, and there should be a generic sticky regarding the basics of this forum, because holy god if this place does turn into a Sherdog, i will then demand a gun forum so i can discuss with someone what would be the best gun to blow my brains out with. what i want to conclude with is that you moderators on this particular forum are fantastic, and that i can always count on a quality, educated response to relevant threads in here. i thank you for all you do in here and want to state my appreciation for everyone who does take it seriously and has something productive to say.
    Last edited by skinnyhb; 04-12-2006 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    in all honesty, it seems like this has gotten entirely out of hand. aside from your 'two questions' thread, things seem to be pretty civil in here. its basically a smaller group of us who discuss our styles of fighting and the issues that concern them. ya, that one got out of hand, but it was an innocent mistake. when i first read your post i thought, well shit, id carry a gun. but ya, my common sense did know that the post and discussion would be worthless if everyone was allowed to not follow certain constraints. and i think that GQBouncer is correct, it is a fighting forum, so to some it could be misleading in that other aspects, like guns, are to be discussed. its not like someone came in here and was asking about marital problems under the guise of a 'fighting' question. but then again, here i am, not 'nipping it in the bud' like you stated in the first post of this thread, so i admit i am part of the problem now. but i just wanted to put this out there. maybe both of the threads should be locked/deleted, and there should be a generic sticky regarding the basics of this forum, because holy god if this place does turn into a Sherdog, i will then demand a gun forum so i can discuss with someone what would be the best gun to blow my brains out with. what i want to conclude with is that you moderators on this particular forum are fantastic, and that i can always count on a quality, educated response to relevant threads in here. i thank you for all you do in here and want to state my appreciation for everyone who does take it seriously and has something productive to say.

Thanks for your input, and all your points have been taken onboard. We're in the process of posting a set of guide lines for using this forum. For now I'd ask people to use their common sense.

I'm not looking to crack heads on this. It's one mistake like you said skinnyhb. But lets be for real if we talk about guns in fights it just defeats the entire purpose of even talking about scenarios or real world conflicts. I have no quarrel with guns as I said earlier. But I just dont wanna see a good convo and engaging debate always revert to weapons. As you know skinny sherdog.com is impossible to police because it is TOTALLY over run with assholes. We're light years away from ever being that size but it'd be cool if we could set guidelines as Bouncer so that can never occur.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    ROFL

Quil is offline Member
    I apologize for my part in the discussion. I do, however, feel like it was a misunderstanding of the thread topic.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    can the thread be reopened now?

it was really a pretty good discussion until... and you could just throw out suspensions if anyone messes up again.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    just delete the posts off topic

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    can the thread be reopened now?

it was really a pretty good discussion until... and you could just throw out suspensions if anyone messes up again.

Ok dude its opened feel free to post. I'm asking you all to stay on topic here. I think you guys are cool enough to have gotten the point.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    coo. thanks.

Thread Information