GreenLantern12 is offline Associate Member

Byrd vs Klitschko

It's coming up this weekend. My heart says Byrd but all signs are pointing to Klitschko.

What do you guys think?

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern12
    It's coming up this weekend. My heart says Byrd but all signs are pointing to Klitschko.

What do you guys think?
    no shit, klitschko is fighting this weekend? where at???

Box This* is offline Associate Member

What do you guys think?
    Same

Quote Originally Posted by *Alex*
    no shit, klitschko is fighting this weekend? where at???

IT's in Germany again! the 3rd fight he's had against a Klitschko in Germany. Just another strike against Bryd....Germany is known for being hard for Americans to win close rounds.

It's on Sat. on HBO

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    IT's in Germany again! the 3rd fight he's had against a Klitschko in Germany. Just another strike against Bryd....Germany is known for being hard for Americans to win close rounds.

It's on Sat. on HBO
    sweet , i'm all over it!

I think the first round is going to be crucial in this one almost all for Klitschko. Byrd needs to get out to a quick start to put the memory of Sanders and Brewster back in Klitschko. But that isn't his style Plus if he does that it'll Throw Klitscho off because I can't see him thinking Byrd will be offensive at all. BUt if Klitschko gains some confidence it's over

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    I think the first round is going to be crucial in this one almost all for Klitschko. Byrd needs to get out to a quick start to put the memory of Sanders and Brewster back in Klitschko. But that isn't his style Plus if he does that it'll Throw Klitscho off because I can't see him thinking Byrd will be offensive at all. BUt if Klitschko gains some confidence it's over

Well Sanders and Brewster have a lot of knockout power...more than Byrd ever did. Byrd doesnt have the ability to knockout Wlad and yes I know wlad has a shitty chin.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Well Sanders and Brewster have a lot of knockout power...more than Byrd ever did. Byrd doesnt have the ability to knockout Wlad and yes I know wlad has a shitty chin.
    This is true. But if Byrd can get some good body work in, in the early rounds he'll be ables to get it done upstairs later in the fight. Slipping Klitschko's jab will be pretty tough in the first couple rounds because he brings it back pretty well, but rounds 4-5 maybe he'll get tired and leave it out there. I'm just excited to see what Byrd can do when he turns his talents to offence. He already said that he wasn't going to play it safe and basiclly said he was going to change his style for this fight.

I remember when Lewis was fighting Tyson and Byrd was suppose to fight the winner. I asked him who he wanted to fight, and after a little side stepping he said Lewis because he likes fighting the bigger guys and Lewis is the real champion of the divison.

If anyone can learn more from the first fight and tapes of other fights I have to give Byrd. BUt he is older, slower and had tough fights with people he shouldn't of and not to mention lost already once to Klitschko.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Well Byrd just got KTFO hard core...oh well now 3 russian champs...soon to be 4.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Wlad beat the living hell out of byrd!! Byrd whas never in the fight...

I would like to see Wlad fight Rahman now. That should be a good one.

nygsxr1000 is offline Junior Member
    byrd got waxed he was way overpowered

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    Wow - what a crappy fight for Byrd.

I was looking forward to some defense, but I think he blocked maybe two punches (other than with his head/face).

I think the announcers hit it on the head when they said that every fighter eventually meets someone whose style is just a really bad match that allows that fighter to win, no matter what.

Wlad is Byrd's nemisis.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah plus Byrd has bulked up a lot more and put on more weight so he's not as elusive as he used to be.

Heavy wieght devision atm isnt to good byrd ' harrison ' williams ' are far behind from being world class and lets be fair there isnt anyone in the making in the uk.

Anyone know of any up and coming heavy weights coming from the states ?

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    he's back

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    VLAD.K I want him to fight for the WBC by the winter

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    byrd is a light heavyweight fighting superheavyweights. If he was smart he would go and clean up the light heavy weight division. Im sure he could make that weight and he would have some punhing power in that division. I would like to see him fight tarver, that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdub
    byrd is a light heavyweight fighting superheavyweights. If he was smart he would go and clean up the light heavy weight division. Im sure he could make that weight and he would have some punhing power in that division. I would like to see him fight tarver, that would be good.
    Better still fight clinton woods there both in the same development.

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    Heavy wieght devision atm isnt to good byrd ' harrison ' williams ' are far behind from being world class and lets be fair there isnt anyone in the making in the uk.

Anyone know of any up and coming heavy weights coming from the states ?
    THat's a hard question man!!! Every state seems to have someone they blindly think will be the next big thing.....heck in every boxing gym even. But I'd say keep an eye on:

Calvin Brock: BIg punching power who has not gotten the respect he deserves. Practaiclly cleaned out all the B level fighters looking for a chance to fight someone big.

Tye Fields: Well on friday we'll get a measuring stick on this guy. He knocked out the 7' Julious Long in the 3rd round. Now Sam Peter fights Long on fri.

Then of course you have to keep Baby Joe Mesi in your mind too.....had alot of talent is still young and fresh now

THat's a hard question man!!! Every state seems to have someone they blindly think will be the next big thing.....heck in every boxing gym even. But I'd say keep an eye on:

Calvin Brock: BIg punching power who has not gotten the respect he deserves. Practaiclly cleaned out all the B level fighters looking for a chance to fight someone big.

Tye Fields: Well on friday we'll get a measuring stick on this guy. He knocked out the 7' Julious Long in the 3rd round. Now Sam Peter fights Long on fri.

Then of course you have to keep Baby Joe Mesi in your mind too.....had alot of talent is still young and fresh now
    Sounds good being in the uk we dont see alot of up and coming boxers from the states so where limited in whats coming from around the world especialy mexicans since the mostly dominate the lower wieght devisions.

Thread Information