zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

sparing with girls

Eh.. Only had 1 girl in our school ever and she was really cool so sparing her never felt uncomfortable. New girl in our school. I got paired with her cus she's almost my height (6'1)... lol... we were only practicing shooting in after a punch and i swear i have never felt so awkward b4 in class haha.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    this thread is begging for this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5698939&q=nogi

there are a few girls at my school, but i haven't rolled with any of them, just done some pummeling drills and stuff like that. one woman was really good at it too.

j3374 is offline Associate Member
    I rolled with females alot in class, because I could give somewhat realistic energy without getting competitive. Most guys would avoid rolling with them like the plague...

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    this thread is begging for this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5698939&q=nogi

there are a few girls at my school, but i haven't rolled with any of them, just done some pummeling drills and stuff like that. one woman was really good at it too.

man that video sucked. Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life :P

I hate watching beginners roll

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    My instrutor would avoid letting guys roll with girls because many guys we had especially begginers couldnt control their weight or strength and ended up hurting the girls by mounting too hard or putting too much weight on them and some even cranking submissions on them like it was life or death situations!!
    And we all know there are two types of girls that do martial arts classes, sorry to be the one to officially anounce this sexist type description but we all know it inside and i have been doing martial arts for ages and have seen it all along:

1-The girly girl, does martial arts for the phsycological satisfaction of having learnt self defense, and is too girly to really get her hands dirty, and these girls are jut easy money for martial arts schools.

2-The hardcore girl, these gilrs will open a can of whoopass on you and make u feel like the poor helpless victim, they have too much pride to ever quit, and they have that never say never attitude, and your in trouble if u treat her like she is the girly girl. These girls will learn this stuff and if u see them at club you will be the one leaving when the trouble starts not her.

The point is, some girls who i described in #2 really come there to learn this and they want to improve in the sport and learn to defend themselves, so do roll with them and if u are a huge person then do control yourself but dont by any means go real easy because u will offend them and you will stop them from feeling out what a real situation is which could really help them in the future.
    After this insight was bought up to my instructor the rules changed to if a girl wants to roll with the guys then she should be the one to request it and not the other way around. This way harrasment charges are also not as common.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    man that video sucked. Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life :P

I hate watching beginners roll

Thanks for the heads up, i don't need to see that video.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    My instrutor would avoid letting guys roll with girls because many guys we had especially begginers couldnt control their weight or strength and ended up hurting the girls by mounting too hard or putting too much weight on them and some even cranking submissions on them like it was life or death situations!!
    And we all know there are two types of girls that do martial arts classes, sorry to be the one to officially anounce this sexist type description but we all know it inside and i have been doing martial arts for ages and have seen it all along:

1-The girly girl, does martial arts for the phsycological satisfaction of having learnt self defense, and is too girly to really get her hands dirty, and these girls are jut easy money for martial arts schools.

2-The hardcore girl, these gilrs will open a can of whoopass on you and make u feel like the poor helpless victim, they have too much pride to ever quit, and they have that never say never attitude, and your in trouble if u treat her like she is the girly girl. These girls will learn this stuff and if u see them at club you will be the one leaving when the trouble starts not her.

The point is, some girls who i described in #2 really come there to learn this and they want to improve in the sport and learn to defend themselves, so do roll with them and if u are a huge person then do control yourself but dont by any means go real easy because u will offend them and you will stop them from feeling out what a real situation is which could really help them in the future.
    After this insight was bought up to my instructor the rules changed to if a girl wants to roll with the guys then she should be the one to request it and not the other way around. This way harrasment charges are also not as common.

lol... especially beginners? Lol if they have that kind of problem controlling themselves and they aren't beginners...something's wrong. :P It's not a weight kinda thing...i'm just not used to going against girls and feel weird cus i'm a shy guy and it goes against my nature

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    ive trained with a girl for nearly 4 years now and shes a police officer....ive also trained with the likes of paul samuels and bradley pryce who are very good pro boxers...not mentioning the girls name but she is an abseloute animal and can 10 - 15 miles for fun at a seriously fast pace....as for sparring very quick and hits very hard.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Zimmy PM me the place u train at because my work is sending me to houston for 18 months and i'm looking around for a good place to train, if its closer to downtown galleria are then that would be a dream come true, if not then i'll still drive there cause i need to train. So far i found the revolution dojo which Yves Edwards who's a UFC/Pride fighter trains in it, but i thinks its on the outskirts.

Thread Information