Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member

Tito will beat Chuck

Call me CRAZY guys but Tito will beat chuck because people under rate Tito way to much from his last fight against chuck, he didn’t fight his best against Forrest but he did beat him (without a doubt) Not taking anything away from Forrest, he will be one of the best one day. Remember Chuck fighting Rampage? Rampage dominated him, who will Tito train with, probably Rampage. Simple fact, Chuck can be brought to the ground, Tito has matured and become a smarter fighter, so don’t under estimate the Huntington Beach Bad Boy.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    tito, is that you without bleached hair? your build and screen name are suspiciously indicative of your true identity.

if so:
    a. your wrestling is about on par with chucks, and his takedown defense will prevent you from even doing anything on the ground. this negates the fact that tito does train with dean lister, who is world class grappler.
    b. his striking is much better than yours. just because rampage beat chuck standing doesn't mean that him training with you will translate into you beating chuck standing.
    c. if the forrest griffen fight is any indicator, your time may have come and gone. granted you can say what you want about your knee, but ill have to see another fight of yours to be assured. plus, if you are fighting ken on a knee that isn't going to be 100%, you are only doing further damage and furthering the fact that your career as a top notch fighter may be over.

westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member
    lol thanks for your input skinnyhb, you have some good facts but just give him one more chance.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Tito is a good fighter......i'll give him that but i dont think he will be able to beat chuck. Chucks stand up is way better and even if tito got him to the ground chuck would do what he always does and work his way out of it.......get up.......and wait for tito to get up.

Quil is offline Member
    Chuck is so above and beyond Tito it's not funny. Chuck can be brought to the ground? Give me an example. Randy couldn't do it, Horn couldn't do it, and Tito couldn't do it the first time either.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    tito, is that you without bleached hair? your build and screen name are suspiciously indicative of your true identity.

if so:
    a. your wrestling is about on par with chucks, and his takedown defense will prevent you from even doing anything on the ground. this negates the fact that tito does train with dean lister, who is world class grappler.
    b. his striking is much better than yours. just because rampage beat chuck standing doesn't mean that him training with you will translate into you beating chuck standing.
    c. if the forrest griffen fight is any indicator, your time may have come and gone. granted you can say what you want about your knee, but ill have to see another fight of yours to be assured. plus, if you are fighting ken on a knee that isn't going to be 100%, you are only doing further damage and furthering the fact that your career as a top notch fighter may be over.
    agreed 100% Rampage did whip chuck, but he is a much better striker than Tito is. Plus Rampage isnt scared of chuck and Tito was and is....

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Tito's wrestling is not on par with chucks. Chuck was a 4 year starter for cal poly thats a D-1 school, tito wrestled at a junior college big difference in the talent pool. Chuck stayed above .500 barely but still that is a hell of alot better then being a state champion at a junior college. Even in college he focused on kickboxing and won two national titles. So chuck is a much better wrestler then tito. Now Randy who was 2 all american finishing runner up twice along with being 2 time olympic alternate could not take chuck down in there last two meetings. Tito can not take chuck down and there for can not win. I am sick of all these rematches in the ufc(besides couture vs chuck)

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!!!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    the problem with tito is he's a wrestler first and foremost but he isn't a world-class wrestler, or even anything remotely close to one. chuck's wrestling is better that for sure. way before chuck/tito it was known that chuck's wresting was better when they trained together, and chuck's game isn't even based on wrestling.

This is something i read from mmaweekly.com about tito and chuck for anyone thinking tito might beat chuck if they fight again.

In a sign that MMA is further integrating itself into mainstream sports culture, the fight between Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell finished fourth on a list of “The 10 Best Beatdowns Ever in Sports” in a recent article by Kevin Hench on FoxSports.com.

Tito’s fight with Chuck Liddell, which took place at UFC 47 in 2004, ranked higher than beatdowns by well-known athletes in the NHL, NBA, MLB, and oddly enough, even an NCAA collegiate mascot.

Hench wrote, “Like many UFC fans, I got my intro to the ‘sport’ via Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock and Dan ‘The Beast’ Severn. Watching those early fights in the Octagon I learned that a relatively slight ‘grappler’ could make a much bigger ‘striker’ beg for mercy. But in terms of an all-time UFC beatdown, Chuck ‘The Iceman’ Liddell's destruction of Tito Ortiz may be the best evidence for those who decry the barbarity of the Octagon. Liddell's pummeling of Ortiz was a cautionary tale for what happens when a superior wrestler squares off with a striker and can't drag the fight down to the mat. After 38 brutal seconds of relentless strikes from Liddell, Ortiz found himself alone on the mat, victim of a merciless beatdown. The Iceman would later become the first man to knock out Randy ‘The Natural Couture to win the UFC light heavyweight title in 2005, then proved it wasn't a fluke by knocking him out again in 2006.”

taiotosh7 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    This is something i read from mmaweekly.com about tito and chuck for anyone thinking tito might beat chuck if they fight again.

In a sign that MMA is further integrating itself into mainstream sports culture, the fight between Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell finished fourth on a list of “The 10 Best Beatdowns Ever in Sports” in a recent article by Kevin Hench on FoxSports.com.

Tito’s fight with Chuck Liddell, which took place at UFC 47 in 2004, ranked higher than beatdowns by well-known athletes in the NHL, NBA, MLB, and oddly enough, even an NCAA collegiate mascot.

Hench wrote, “Like many UFC fans, I got my intro to the ‘sport’ via Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock and Dan ‘The Beast’ Severn. Watching those early fights in the Octagon I learned that a relatively slight ‘grappler’ could make a much bigger ‘striker’ beg for mercy. But in terms of an all-time UFC beatdown, Chuck ‘The Iceman’ Liddell's destruction of Tito Ortiz may be the best evidence for those who decry the barbarity of the Octagon. Liddell's pummeling of Ortiz was a cautionary tale for what happens when a superior wrestler squares off with a striker and can't drag the fight down to the mat. After 38 brutal seconds of relentless strikes from Liddell, Ortiz found himself alone on the mat, victim of a merciless beatdown. The Iceman would later become the first man to knock out Randy ‘The Natural Couture to win the UFC light heavyweight title in 2005, then proved it wasn't a fluke by knocking him out again in 2006.”

Very good I like this.....I think Tito is gonna get smashed again

BADASS323 is offline AR'S BAD ATTITUDE
    i think us so. cal. boys are partial ti the huntington bch. badboy...

taiotosh7 is offline Associate Member
    I hear ya, gotta show some love to the home town fighter.....Just seems like Tito can't hang with the older guys....in fact I would love to see Shamrock beat Tito, not that I'm much of a Shamrock fan I like Tito. I think Shamrock deserves it....he's the only guy from ufc 1 still in the game and fighting with the evolved sport

Natty99 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    Chuck is so above and beyond Tito it's not funny. Chuck can be brought to the ground? Give me an example. Randy couldn't do it, Horn couldn't do it, and Tito couldn't do it the first time either.
    Randy did do it the first time!

monstermasss is offline Associate Member
    tito has lost his touch somewhere? he was once explosive on the ground remember!!! but no more of that its like hes holding back, he will NVER beat chuck on any given day!! oh and ken will beat tito!!

Tito cant beat chuck..........it just isnt going to happen.

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty99
    Randy did do it the first time!
    I'll give you that. But you have to admit, Chuck is a much more developed fighter now....which he proved in beating Randy not once but twice since that first loss.

Yep!

I cant wait to see chuck fight again. I love watching his fights.

savax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quil

Randy vs Chuck I - Randy demolished him with many takedowns.

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by savax
    Randy vs Chuck I - Randy demolished him with many takedowns.
    See my above post

chucks foot work is vastly improved he moves side to side in said of straight back so randy was unable to use the cage to pin him against it also his cardio is vastly improved. I hope he get the chance to revenge his loss to rampage. Yes rampage threw him a beat down but that was not the same chuck we see today well rampage has been on the slide on a side note I hope lindland beats rampage

Chuck just seems like he improves on everything everytime he fights.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    agreed 100% Rampage did whip chuck, but he is a much better striker than Tito is. Plus Rampage isnt scared of chuck and Tito was and is....
    exactly, and Tito is no where as strong as Rampage.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    chuck and ken will both beat that lil shiiithead.

I dont know if ken will. I kinda hope he does but i wont be disappointed if tito wins the fight. I personaly have never really been a big fan of ken shamrock.

stee is offline Member
    Any one remember when Tito beat Belfort, the mouthing off to Shamrock after the fight. Then after a bit Chuck got in the ring to put Tito straight because he was sick of hearing him running his mouth at Ken sayin ill beat you again etc.

Anyone remember the look in his eyes???

Titos shitting himself and if you ask me he has reason to. Chuck has his number!! hes gonna get sparked again and Tito knows it!!!

Yeah i saw pictures of the weigh in before they fought and chuck had a big smile on his face and tito didnt have any sort of an expression at all.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    Yeah i saw pictures of the weigh in before they fought and chuck had a big smile on his face and tito didnt have any sort of an expression at all.
    Must suc to know your gonna get your ass kicked.

big1boy is offline Junior Member
    I think Chuck is going to pick Tito apart. Chuck has shown in the past that he is able to defend the takedown. And if you want to say that because Tito beat Forrest he will beat Chuck than your smokin c rack! I think Forrest is a tough fighter but with Tito's reputation I thought he would have destroyed Forrest. credit Forrest.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stee
    Any one remember when Tito beat Belfort, the mouthing off to Shamrock after the fight. Then after a bit Chuck got in the ring to put Tito straight because he was sick of hearing him running his mouth at Ken sayin ill beat you again etc.

Anyone remember the look in his eyes???

Titos shitting himself and if you ask me he has reason to. Chuck has his number!! hes gonna get sparked again and Tito knows it!!!
    tito kinda tore him up with his "last of the mohicans" line. chuck will own him 10/10 in the ring though no matter how the verbal sparring sessions go.

I didnt think that when tito and forrest fought is was going to go to a split decision but it did. I figured he was going to dominate forrest. I give forrest a lot of credit for that one he always shows a lot of heart when he fights. Personaly i think forrest really should have won that fight. The first round i give to tito but after that it was mainly stand up and forrest landed more solid punches in my opinion.

Natty99 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    chucks foot work is vastly improved he moves side to side in said of straight back so randy was unable to use the cage to pin him against it also his cardio is vastly improved. I hope he get the chance to revenge his loss to rampage. Yes rampage threw him a beat down but that was not the same chuck we see today well rampage has been on the slide on a side note I hope lindland beats rampage
    By cardio do you mean binge drinking and going on vacation constatnly?

Quote Originally Posted by Natty99
    By cardio do you mean binge drinking and going on vacation constatnly?
    chuck takes deffending his belt very seriously, he has not gassed since the rampage fight. Rampage hit some very good body shots which I am sure did not help his gas tank but he is vastly improved in the cardio area. No fighter trains 24/7 so if inbetween fights he wants to go on vacation or party a little i am sure most fighters do. As long as he puts in the time of training before a fight it is no one business what he does when not training

Agreed!!

DizzyBoy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Tito's wrestling is not on par with chucks. Chuck was a 4 year starter for cal poly thats a D-1 school, tito wrestled at a junior college big difference in the talent pool. Chuck stayed above .500 barely but still that is a hell of alot better then being a state champion at a junior college. Even in college he focused on kickboxing and won two national titles. So chuck is a much better wrestler then tito. Now Randy who was 2 all american finishing runner up twice along with being 2 time olympic alternate could not take chuck down in there last two meetings. Tito can not take chuck down and there for can not win. I am sick of all these rematches in the ufc(besides couture vs chuck)
    If i remember right... couture took liddell down in their 3rd bout.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I dont think that he will beat Chuck, if he stands like last time that was the big mistake he made, he will get KOed again.

Couture did take him down but that didnt stop chuck from getting out of it and knocking him out again.

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    tito kinda tore him up with his "last of the mohicans" line. chuck will own him 10/10 in the ring though no matter how the verbal sparring sessions go.
    he had to say something. he would have looked a complete twat if he didnt mouthing off to ken calling him ken suckcock n stuff. so to save face he had to answer chuck but to be honest. by the time he did his rectum had already expanded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information