rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member

Chuck and tito again........

I just read an article stating that if Chuck beats Sobral and tito beats shamrock they will be fighting again on super weekend in february!! I hope this happens because i wanna see chuck kick the crap out of tito again.

Also at UFC 64 Rich Franklin is suppose to be fighting Anderson Silva. That should be a good one but im leaning towards Franklin.

BigUno is offline Associate Member
    franklin has a suspect chin and silvas punching seems crisper. chuck will most likely maul tito but i dont know why tito decides to stand and trade why not try to take him down

SkylineGTR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigUno
    franklin has a suspect chin and silvas punching seems crisper. chuck will most likely maul tito but i dont know why tito decides to stand and trade why not try to take him down

I agree, Tito def., has the best wrestling skills around IMO....he should use his exp to his advantage

This has been talked about in previous threads but the last time they faught tito couldnt bring him down. Now chuck has been improving drastically and i dont think tito will be able to use his so called "vicious ground and pound" at all on chuck. Chuck is in his prime right now (which isnt going to last forever) and he's gonna demolish tito again IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineGTR
    I agree, Tito def., has the best wrestling skills around IMO....he should use his exp to his advantage
    I agree that he does have good wresting skills but he cant beat chuck IMO.

SkylineGTR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    I agree that he does have good wresting skills but he cant beat chuck IMO.
    I dont think Tito could beat Chuck either. Chuck has great defensive skills.

I dont think Tito could beat Chuck either. Chuck has great defensive skills.
    Yes he does and they are getting better by the day IMO.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    naw tito's a good wrestler who's made it work as an mma fighter, but far from the best. chuck's a better wrestler and tito has very little chance of beating him; i would even say 1/15 chance or lower. chuck was able to get up when randy took him down, and stay on his feet alot against him the second 2 fights. what do you think he's going to do to tito? maul him again.

i'm 10x more interested in chuck-babalu II than chuck-tito II.

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    IF Franklin is suppose to be fighting Anderson Silva I FEEL BAD FOR FRANKLIN. IMHO.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I would like to see Tito beat Chuck's ass but i think it is a clash of styles and Tito would need a whole new game plan this time around. Chuck is no spring chicken fellas, he is 38 years old now and not everyone is a Randy Couture, even though Ken thinks he is.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I would like to see Tito beat Chuck's ass but i think it is a clash of styles and Tito would need a whole new game plan this time around. Chuck is no spring chicken fellas, he is 38 years old now and not everyone is a Randy Couture, even though Ken thinks he is.

I agree. Chuck is getting older but he is still kicking ass.

I think ken is gonna be done after this next fight.

Quote Originally Posted by davinci191
    IF Franklin is suppose to be fighting Anderson Silva I FEEL BAD FOR FRANKLIN. IMHO.
    I dont feel bad for him at all. I think if and when he fights him he's going to walk all over him.

westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member
    I want franklin to win but i am also willing to bet that after the chuck and tito fight that tito's hand will be raised at the end!

Quil is offline Member
    Franklin has a suspect chin? I was at the UFC when he beat Tanner for the belt...he took a shot that could be heard throughout the arena, knocked him right on his ass. He promptly got up and sent Tanner to the hospital. I think he'll be OK against Silva.

I agree.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    Tito is absolutely NOT the best wrestler in the biz, or even in light heavy's, and yes, his one and ONLY chance would be to take Chuck to the ground, however, i'm sure everyone witnessed Coutre's last two feeble attempts at that...Chuck's ground defense is just so damn impressive, it's like a cat toying with a mouse before he eats it...

And Franklin's chin is suspect? true, i've only seen his last few fights, but if whoever said that was watching the same bouts, i have no idea where that comment came from...and haven't seen Silva fight but his last couple matches, one of which his ass got dropped by a flying knee to the head, and by a fighter far inferior to Rich...

yeah, hopefully after Shamrock wakes up, he'll reaize it's time to retire...

when is that next Lidell fight anyhow?

alpha

Logan13 is offline Banned

defense

Quote Originally Posted by BigUno
    I think that Chuck has the best takedown defense in the UFC. Don't forget, he was college wrestler.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male

And Franklin's chin is suspect? ... i have no idea where that comment came from...
    too many mma fans think the fact that a person has been tko'd or ko'd in their career makes their chin suspect.

when is that next Lidell fight anyhow?

alpha[/QUOTE]

It is suppose to be UFC 62 on August 26th in vegas.

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    too many mma fans think the fact that a person has been tko'd or ko'd in their career makes their chin suspect.
    Yeah no shit, and by quality opponents at that.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    Franklin has a suspect chin? I was at the UFC when he beat Tanner for the belt...he took a shot that could be heard throughout the arena, knocked him right on his ass. He promptly got up and sent Tanner to the hospital. I think he'll be OK against Silva.
    I saw that too, cant believe Tanner didnt make more of that kd.

If you go the UFC.com and look at the "event photos" link and click on UFC 47 event fight photos, it shows pictures of their last fight. They have like 2 or 3 different pics on there showing tito trying to take chuck down and it didnt happen. Also if you look at the last page of pictures theres a good pic of chuck with his arm around tito and tito's face is covered in blood!!

yarite is offline Junior Member
    I think these guys are going to go back and forth until one of them retires.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Fuk chuck, I wanna see him get his ass kicked!

*crosses fingers*

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Franklins suspect chin comes from the fact he got ko'd(I believe) by lyoto who failed to put penn away but penn has a very very good chin but lyoto also could not put vernon white away either who isn't known for having a great chin. He also got dropped and recieved a very bad concussion from the 2nd tanner fight who is not known AT ALL for his punching power. Then he got clipped by the crow and dropped(a known striker but not a clean hit either) his chin is suspect in my book. Now Couture a two time college runner up for a d1 school and a 2 time olympic alternate for greco roman wrestling and placed in the top 8 in college besides finishing 2nd twice so all in all 3 time all american in college d1 none the less had a very hard time taking chuck down in the first two meetings. Now chuck a d1 starter for cal poly who kept about a .500 record well focusing more on kickboxing well still starting for a d1 team. Now we have tito a junior college state champ. Tito is not a great wrestler good wrestler but not great. Chuck has a better wrestling pedigree then tito just uses his wrestling in a defensive manner then offensive. Tito will not beat chuck simply becouse he can't take him down. this rematch is about as good as tito vs ken 2. just my two cents

Chrisnjc is offline New Member
    First off... Whoever said Rich Franklin has a suspect chin must have never seen any of his fights... Tanner rocked him with a knockout blow and Rich got right up and sent him to the hospital.. Also, Loiseau hit him flush with an awesome blow and again Rich recovered and killed him... With a broken hand, I might add. Rich is one of the best conditioned, if not The best conditioned athlete in MMA. He has only lost 1 fight in his entire career and that was over 2 1/2 years ago.
    As far as Chuck and Tito go... I like Tito.. When he is on.. he is on. And he is a great wrestler.. But most people dont realize that Chuck has a grappling background and is a defensive guru.. With Incredible knockout power....

I look at it this way... None of us could beat either one of them!! Kudos to both.. They are both great fighters!

Well everyone cant state there opinion but i'll tell ya this (again), if chuck and tito fight again, I'll bet anything chuck will win. He beat the piss out of him in there first fight and recently when tito faught Forrest Griffin after the first round tito couldnt bring forrest down to ground and pound him. Chucks take down defense is ten times better than forrest griffins if ya ask me so that should pretty much sum up the outcome of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisnjc
    First off... Whoever said Rich Franklin has a suspect chin must have never seen any of his fights... Tanner rocked him with a knockout blow and Rich got right up and sent him to the hospital.. Also, Loiseau hit him flush with an awesome blow and again Rich recovered and killed him... With a broken hand, I might add. Rich is one of the best conditioned, if not The best conditioned athlete in MMA. He has only lost 1 fight in his entire career and that was over 2 1/2 years ago.
    As far as Chuck and Tito go... I like Tito.. When he is on.. he is on. And he is a great wrestler.. But most people dont realize that Chuck has a grappling background and is a defensive guru.. With Incredible knockout power....

I look at it this way... None of us could beat either one of them!! Kudos to both.. They are both great fighters!

Reasons for franklins suspect chin
    one he has fought one excellent striker in machida and got tko, this same striker failed to put penn away(yes pen has a good chin but this took place at 205) and failed to put vernon white away not a renounding fighter with a mediocre chin.
    He got dropped and recieved a vicous concussion which caused him to not know what round it was and tanner is not a well known striker at all.
    He got clipped by the crow not a vicous blow it was a looping over hand right and dropped him. He struggles with good strikers the crow was simply outclassed and is a overrated striker(watch the riveria fight) speaking of riveria he had a war with franklin where franklin was dazed. Its not a glass chin but its far from a great chin mediocre to below average. Anderson silva if it stays standing will knock him out. Thats why rich will take anderson to the ground if you dont play into andersons game he is very beatable. I am not slamming him but he has yet to fight someone who is really good, I would take filho(esp with use of elbows), henderson, lindland, kang, over franklin any day of the week, he simply has not fought the top tier fighters yet

I will say that tito is a great fighter but if Chuck doesnt knock him out and it goes to a decision, chuck will take it because tito's stand isnt anywhere close to chucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Reasons for franklins suspect chin
    one he has fought one excellent striker in machida and got tko, this same striker failed to put penn away(yes pen has a good chin but this took place at 205) and failed to put vernon white away not a renounding fighter with a mediocre chin.
    He got dropped and recieved a vicous concussion which caused him to not know what round it was and tanner is not a well known striker at all.
    He got clipped by the crow not a vicous blow it was a looping over hand right and dropped him. He struggles with good strikers the crow was simply outclassed and is a overrated striker(watch the riveria fight) speaking of riveria he had a war with franklin where franklin was dazed. Its not a glass chin but its far from a great chin mediocre to below average. Anderson silva if it stays standing will knock him out. Thats why rich will take anderson to the ground if you dont play into andersons game he is very beatable. I am not slamming him but he has yet to fight someone who is really good, I would take filho(esp with use of elbows), henderson, lindland, kang, over franklin any day of the week, he simply has not fought the top tier fighters yet
    Once again i agree. I have recently just started to get into watching pride and i'll tell ya what........after seeing the fighters in pride there is only a few fighters in the ufc that i think would be able to hang with pride fighters. I think Rich Franklin could but he would definitely get knocked out sometime by someone from pride.

tito used to play with natural 205 pounder when he was forced to fight guys who cut to 205 he struggled. struggled with couture, liddell, belfort,forrest all guys who cut. Tito is a good fighter and helped make the ufc what it is. I dont dislike him becouse he has evolved and has incredible endurance and freakishly strong. He is a good fighter and good coach but he has two bad match ups better wrestlers(couture) better strikers with takedown defense(chuck who is also a better wrestler). He is still fairly young and will be sure to give us more shenigans and good fights

Once again i agree. I have recently just started to get into watching pride and i'll tell ya what........after seeing the fighters in pride there is only a few fighters in the ufc that i think would be able to hang with pride fighters. I think Rich Franklin could but he would definitely get knocked out sometime by someone from pride.
    I love both orgs but simply pride can afford better fights but ufc has some great fighters to. I think franklin is incredibly overhyped and is not a real champ untill he fights lindland the man that deserved his title shot.

Yeah im sure he'll get one of those fight evetually. I personally think Franklin is a real champ but like i said he is against the ufc fighters, who knows what would happen if he fights the pride fighters.

Yeah im sure he'll get one of those fight evetually. I personally think Franklin is a real champ but like i said he is against the ufc fighters, who knows what would happen if he fights the pride fighters.
    To be a real champ he would have had to beat lindland who got cut after dana white said I promise you a title shot and do you know why becouse Lindland would have beat him down with takedowns and ground and pound and dana would have been stuck with a champ who is very hard to market

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    i would love to see Tito put a whoopin on Chuck

Its not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    i would love to see Tito put a whoopin on Chuck
    People hate on chuck entirely to much, The man is a warrior same as silva or anyone else. He has never let money get in the way a la tito nor backed down from a fight, he fought pele in brazil and won by a ud that pretty damn hard to due he later fought randleman when no one wanted to fight as avenged 2 out of his 3 losses and has not had the chance to fight rampage again. Chuck does his commericials for money same as any other pro athlete the guy deserves respect.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    People hate on chuck entirely to much, The man is a warrior same as silva or anyone else. He has never let money get in the way a la tito nor backed down from a fight, he fought pele in brazil and won by a ud that pretty damn hard to due he later fought randleman when no one wanted to fight as avenged 2 out of his 3 losses and has not had the chance to fight rampage again. Chuck does his commericials for money same as any other pro athlete the guy deserves respect.

when have i ever hated oh Chuck Liddell ???

just because i would like to see Tito beat him doesnt mean that I'm "hating" on Chuck or that I dont respect him. The guy is a beast, no doubt about it, but I would like to see someone beat him. Simple as that.

Thread Information