Thread: work+fighting

thore is offline Junior Member

work+fighting

i was wondering how some of you guy's do it. what kind of job's you hold. what your boss thinks about you guy's taking time off of work to go to an event. or if you can't work for awhile because you were injured or whatever.

thore is offline Junior Member
    bump

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    what gave you the impression that anyone here fights? i think there are 2-3 people total on AR who compete in some form of combat sports.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    what gave you the impression that anyone here fights? i think there are 2-3 people total on AR who compete in some form of combat sports.
    that's why he's wondering "how SOME of you guys fight". there's no need to be a dick he's just asking an honest question. I'm sure that there are quite a few more people than just 3 who fight.

to answer thore's question, even though I don't fight right now, I would say that you treat fighting like you do lifting. you budget your time to train for it and you know far in advance which fights you are going to do, just like bodybuilding shows. go ahead and schedule time off for your fights, and who gives a f*ck what the boss thinks of your extracurricular activities as long as you do your job.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    I do sambo mostly which is grappling and submissions but I was never a big fan of the rules. Combat Sambo comes once in a while which is full contact with 4 ounce gloves and people at work are fine with it and anticipate how I did. I dont really need to take off work but i used to when I flew over to Russia all the time. I couldnt do that anymore cuz sambo doesnt pay the bills even tho I've been doing it for 15 years. All I need to be is "Master of the Sport" and I think I would just kinda take it easy from there on in.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm in IT...so as long as I have atleast one hand good, i'm good.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    When i was in college i had alot of time to train and still pass classes. But ever since i started work 8 hours a day from 6:30am-2:30pm with no breaks it got very hard to workout serious. I have only competed amateur before so its not like i have Pride or UFC calling me everyday but one day it is my dream to fight in one of them so i do train once a day even if its just stretching and some push ups and abs for 30 minutes.
    I also dont have a good place to train where i am now so i just focus on strength and conditioning untill i relocate this fall to a place near better fighting schools then i can dedicate one session a day to it.
    I keep myself mentaly strong so i dont lose interest when i'm really carried away with work, and i watch fights and training techniques on the net all the time so i am keeping up in my mind at least, some think that visualizing doesnt work and i say its better than doing nothing at all.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude ... your in texas and don't live near a good training place? I find that hard to believe... where abouts? Austin, Houston, huntsville, dallas and el paso have some really good schools.

Thread Information