Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 61 Results

Flextime333 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    vanderlei vs chuck thats goign to be a great fight,

stevensons fight was a bloody mess
    mir looked like shit
    titos fight was stopped to early
    pit bull vs silvia was alright i thoought arlovski should have won silvia was waiting on counter punches all night
    Yes but to take the title away from the Champ you have to convincingly beat him. Arlovsky in no way beat Tim Sylvia you can see that just from looking at them side by side after the fight. Personally I think after the second round Arlovsky was looking defeated like he already knew he was going to lose.

Logan13 is offline Banned

Arlovsky???

What the hell has happened to Arlovsky? The man was unbeatable until the last 2 fights with Silvia. Why would he not try to bring this one to the ground? Silvia counter punched the whole match and Arlovsky played right into it.
    Mir is done in the UFC, win or no win last night, he will never be contender again.
    I enjoyed the Stevenson fight, blood is always good.
    Burkman and Neer, pretty evenly matched, but I was looking forward to two very aggressive fighters going at it.
    Tito and Shamrock, well I guess that we have to endure more bickering between them since Shamrock will call this fight a sham.
    I am looking forward to more Pride fighters stepping into the Octagon, these fights will draw a double crowd and shut many people up. Look for some Pride Welterweights to join the fray of the UFC in the future as well. these Pride guys are tough, it's good that now they have the opportunity to put up or shut up, as I am tired of many bitching that all of the great fighters are in Pride. Nows their chance guys, the only thing I will mention further on this is......remember BJ Penn...................
    I have reserved a field box stocked with Miller Light at the Mark in Moline, Il to watch the Militech vs. Gracie fight in case any of you get to the area.....
    -Logan13

Quil is offline Member
    Man, what a disappointment. That was by far the worst UFC event I have seen...I'm glad I went to a friend's house to see it and didn't have to shell out the 40 bones like I usually do, because I would be pissed. Mir looked horrible, early stoppage in the Shamrock/Ortiz fight, Sylvia/AA was a snoozefest. AA really disappointed me, didn't try to shoot ONE time...I mean, how are you going to go into a title fight and try to win it on POINTS!?!? Cripes...

Wand/Liddell matchup was easily the most exciting part of the evening, but I spent the next 10 minutes trying to explain to a bunch of TUF noobs who the hell Wanderlei Silva was. I hope Liddell punishes Silva, I'm so sick of this "Pride is so much better than UFC" shit. I agree that, overall, Pride fighters are of higher quality than UFC, but it gets old when people act like ANY Pride fighter will beat a UFC fighter. Liddell/Silva is a matchup we've been dreaming about for a long time, and I'm glad to see it finally come to fruition.

On another note, Dana said in a post-event interview that he had Wand signed to a 3 fight deal. How is that possible? I thought Wand was signed with Pride?

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I really hope liddell just beats silva so bad he just goes back to pride.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    how the hell do they let one guy bleed half his bodyweight all over the side of the octagon, yet stop another fight after a few elbows? GAY.
    Theory one: Herb Dean is gay. Or perhaps "Herb" is really a nickname and he had a few puffs before the fight.

theory 2: Dana white knew that if he makes this second grudge match controversial, there will have to be a third, then he'll have another "trilogy". Then he can make a video called "UFC Trilogies" And sell and it and make big bucks.That Dana is a sly sonovabitch.

This ufc would have sucked but the bloody figth was just so bloody it was worth it.

It was good to see frank Mir back but he did look fat and pudgy. And maybe not as muscular. His wind was bad. Oh, and he also had no tan. He did haft to struggle with this fight though. Rehabing injusries and training as an elite athlete in a demanding sport has got to be a bitch. Let this be a lesson to all of us: Motorcycles are dangerous.

Aorlovski should have taken silvia to the ground. its the only place he can decisevly win. they both acted in knee-jerk reaction to their last two fights. Instead of coming out to strong too fast, they were over cautious.
    Silvia won but i think aqrlovski pused the action a little more.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    I wanna see it to but im gonna say I'm rooting for liddell. I havent seen any of silva's fights so im not gonna say chuck will kick his ass but i hope he does because i have been a fan chuck's for a long time.

You have not seen any of Wanderlei's fights? wtf?

No wonder you think Liddell will win. You do realise that their is MMA outside of the UFC and that the UFC is not the major leagues as they would have you believe, i highly suggest you educate yourself on PrideFc, then you will see top notch fighters from LW-HW

Dana sure does'nt want to show Chuck get his ass handed to him in the Pride ring let alone show any Wanderlei highlights. He would rather have everyone believe Chuck is invincible...from your posts, it appears it is working well.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 07-09-2006 at 08:53 PM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Fu*k Chuck.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL you can see Wanderlei say "I want your belt" as he points to Chuck.

I WAS WONDERING WHAT HE SAID.

oops, I though he said

"I wonder melt"

lol?

Even Wanderlei stuttered at the exact wrong moment and said "I wanna ****" then stopped and corrected himself and said "I wanna fight Chuck." I'm surpised nobody picked that up.

I just thought he couldnt speak english very well.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Even Wanderlei stuttered at the exact wrong moment and said "I wanna ****" then stopped and corrected himself and said "I wanna fight Chuck." I'm surpised nobody picked that up.
    I saw that and IMO i think he knows he's got a hell of a fight coming up against chuck.

His english is not very good...so no big deal he stumbled over his words. "I want to ****..i want to fight with Chuck..**** Chuck".

I noticed it and people have made a million posts about it over on sherdog.

What is really funny is how Chuck was wearing a button up purple shirt looking all metro in the crowd, then changed into a Xyience t-shirt to enter the cage and face off with Wanderlei so he would'nt look like a tool.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    His english is not very good...so no big deal he stumbled over his words. "I want to ****..i want to fight with Chuck..**** Chuck".

What is really funny is how Chuck was wearing a button up purple shirt looking all metro in the crowd, then changed into a Xyience t-shirt to enter the cage and face off with Wanderlei so he would'nt look like a tool.
    I noticed that! Funny as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

I dont remember seeing that. They showed chuck in the beginning of the whole event and he was wearing that same shirt.

Big Broker 1 is offline Associate Member
    i like chuck but there is no way he is going to beat Wanderlei....cant wait to see that 1

TR'05 is offline Member
    Fukin hands down the best part was the Silva announcement. The poor english capped off with the classic axe murderer stare was money. I am pumped to see Chuck get worked.

I'm giving mad props to Dana White for setting this shit up. Hopefully it starts a recurring trend. Maybe even a joint UFC vs. PRIDEFC PPV. That would be a sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    Fukin hands down the best part was the Silva announcement. The poor english capped off with the classic axe murderer stare was money. I am pumped to see Chuck get worked.

I'm giving mad props to Dana White for setting this shit up. Hopefully it starts a recurring trend. Maybe even a joint UFC vs. PRIDEFC PPV. That would be a sight to see.
    Whoa that would be awesome!!!! Fedor vs. Sylvia needs to happen so that all the UFC fans realize that Pride's heavyweight division is on a different level.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Of fukin right on, bro. Sylvia needs to quit running his mouth. Fedor would make very quick work of his tall awkward ass.

Before that happens Monson will bring Sylvia's sky high head back down to earth when he gets his shot, though.

He really didnt just put down Fedor the whole time. he said Fedor is an incredible athlete with a huge punch, then proceeds to say "Have you ever seen the guy" He's a tiny little shit but he's an incredible athlete" and you can't take that away from him. He said that Fedor never fought anyone as big with as good take down defense as his (for that size). He said he'd match up well with Fedor and it'd be a great fight. Trust me he was a lot more humble than usual.

This was said in a previous thread and this is what sylvia said. Syliva isnt running his mouth at all buddy.

Fedor has never fought with a striker as tall as Sylvia?

Wonder if Ti "Sloth" Sylvia has ever heard of Semmy Schilt the 2005 World GP K-1 Champion?

Logan13 is offline Banned

correct

I dont remember seeing that. They showed chuck in the beginning of the whole event and he was wearing that same shirt.
    Correct, yes he was.

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    eh....lil weak, that head split was nice, havent seen blood al over the place that much in a while!!!!!!!!! tito ****ED shamcock up, even tho hes pissed ref called it, but 3 more of those elbows woulda split his face open, or put him into dreamland!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Correct, yes he was.
    I'll try to find a pic. I'm almost 100% sure he was.

Shamrock had a cut on the back left side of his head. I think it was around his ear because he had a little blood dripping on his shoulder. Didnt look to bad and IMO. Tto did not f**k shamrock up in this fight. Their first fight.....yes he beat the piss out of him but he hit him with a few good elbows and the fight was over which was bull. Shamrock came out there and for once looked like he was confident going in to this fight. Im not saying he would have won but i think this one would have lasted longer than the first fight between the two.

Shamrock had a cut on the back left side of his head. I think it was around his ear because he had a little blood dripping on his shoulder. Didnt look to bad and IMO. Tto did not f**k shamrock up in this fight. Their first fight.....yes he beat the piss out of him but he hit him with a few good elbows and the fight was over which was bull. Shamrock came out there and for once looked like he was confident going in to this fight. Im not saying he would have won but i think this one would have lasted longer than the first fight between the two.
    Shamrock took 6 unanswered and completely unblocked blows to the face. If that isn't a beating I don't know what is...

I was just basically comparing this to there first fight when shamrocks face looked completly rearranged. Compared to that fight, it was not a beating. Shamrock would have kept going IMO.

The shirt was blue and purple and the purple part had shiny pieces of something on it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UFC 61 Results-purple_shirt.jpg  

TR'05 is offline Member
    The Tito vs. Ken fight was stopped prematurely, I've got no argument there. However, if Herb hadn't stopped it when he did, he sure as fuk would have been stopping it within the next 30 seconds. Ken was outmatched again. He's finished...it's just too bad Tito couldn't beat that into him for more than five straight elbows to the head.

On to the Sylvia Fedor comments. No need to pull out the disingenuous "buddy" line, rar. I'm willing to agree that he wasn't running his mouth. That being said, I'm a pretty firm believer that Tim Sylvia's head (ego)must be pretty damn large (inflated) to consider himself a good matchup with Fedor.

See now everyone is saying something different. Muriloninja said "he was wear a button up purple shirt looking all metro," and i dont have any idea where you got that pic from but i saw him the whole night wearing a brown xyience shirt. I dont think anyone in there right mind would change into three different shirts.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    any links to the fight????

The Tito vs. Ken fight was stopped prematurely, I've got no argument there. However, if Herb hadn't stopped it when he did, he sure as fuk would have been stopping it within the next 30 seconds. Ken was outmatched again. He's finished...it's just too bad Tito couldn't beat that into him for more than five straight elbows to the head.

On to the Sylvia Fedor comments. No need to pull out the disingenuous "buddy" line, rar. I'm willing to agree that he wasn't running his mouth. That being said, I'm a pretty firm believer that Tim Sylvia's head (ego)must be pretty damn large (inflated) to consider himself a good matchup with Fedor.
    Agreed but we'll see what happens.

See now everyone is saying something different. Muriloninja said "he was wear a button up purple shirt looking all metro," and i dont have any idea where you got that pic from but i saw him the whole night wearing a brown xyience shirt. I dont think anyone in there right mind would change into three different shirts.
    I got the pic from the beginning of the show. Stevenson vs. Yves...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UFC 61 Results-bscap0003.jpg  

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    I have a feeling that many recent UFC fights are staged. Now there will be all this hype about Sylvia and Arlowiskya 3 and Shamrock vs Tito 3. With Shamrock saying "I was not done, blah blah".

Quil is offline Member
    Hit it right on the head there. Not to mention the fact of how anyone can mention Fedor and "little shit" in the same sentence needs to be brought back to reality.

I remember the shiny purple metro shit...it's not like i focused on it but i damn sure noticed the difference when he walked into the cage to face Wanderlei.

kihop is offline Associate Member
    Frank Mir's Gut

Quote Originally Posted by kihop
    Frank Mir's Gut

Talk about taking your career seriously. Straight out of motor cycle accident be comes in the best shape he's ever been in and loses badly. Then a second fight that will make or break his career in MMA and he comes in totally out of shape. That shit is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by kihop
    Frank Mir's Gut

That is pathetic, you guy's do know that he was kicked out of the LVCC for slacking right? So now he is "training" around at different gyms.

Quil is offline Member
    He better get on with Team Punishment before his next fight, or he'll have a career ending loss to a better opponent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information