Thread: Brock Lesner

Gassy is offline Junior Member

Brock Lesner

Most know that former WWE wrestler Brock Lesner is training MMA, but now he's at the Militich camp and Pat said he's gonna be the best in the game in a few years. Even if he doen't do well this sort of thing is interesting to some including me.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    That guy is a beast and if he trains long and hard enough i think he could definetely get somewhere with his mma career.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    yah...some one posted on this a while ago. He used to be a pretty good wrestler so he won't be totally new to it. However, in mma size does NOT equal to wins.

Posideon is offline Junior Member
    You're right Zimmy size does not equal wins, but someone that big and strong, and that agile, it's pretty ****ing scary. He was an awesome wrestler in college too. I think he was one of the best in the nation, but not sure, don't quote me on that one. Either way it's gonna be pretty exciting to watch him fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    yah...some one posted on this a while ago. He used to be a pretty good wrestler so he won't be totally new to it. However, in mma size does NOT equal to wins.
    I totally agree. He could be able to throw someone across the ring but he could have a weak chin and get caught with a nice hit that could be it but we'll see, i would like to see him in mma.

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Chuck Zito, the former Hell's Angel and celebrity bodyguard says he's going to fight UFC too. He's 53 years old and wants a million dollars!

kihop is offline Associate Member
    yeah I read something about Miletich saying that Lesnar moves like a cat and with some more training will be unstoppable.
    Thing is, he cant fight sylvia being that they're in the same camp so maybe he goes to pride?

Quote Originally Posted by kihop
    yeah I read something about Miletich saying that Lesnar moves like a cat and with some more training will be unstoppable.
    Thing is, he cant fight sylvia being that they're in the same camp so maybe he goes to pride?
    Yeah thats true, we'll just have to see what happens i guess.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    He was a champion wrestler in College so he's better than a pretty good wrestler...I think it will be awesome to see how he does....

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Scary thought!!! The only question is his chin.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    naw that isn't the only question. Learning stand up isn't exactly easy. He may be able to stop a take down...but what then? What if the guy keeps it up ... can a small training (1 - 2 years ) really prepare him for people who have been training for more than 5 years? (yah i know that isn't exactly common in ufc...but pride ya know)

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    He's been wrestling all his life though also so atleast he's skilled in something really well instead of learning everything for just a little while..

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I believe brock lesner was a 2 time d1 champ at the univerisity of minnesota. well in highschool I attended all of there wrestling camps and the guy is nice and very impressive and I hope he does well. However he will be a one trick pony for awhile great wrestler with incredible work ethic but like I said one trick pony with no stand up. However Pat Melitech praised him alot(he has also praised J Eilers no comment needed there) but the guy is a solid athlete and if he learns how to use his size and athletic ability to hold guys down and deliver g n p (once learned) he could be force. However all this takes time and untill he learns decent stand up etc he will be a one trick pony

smartwater is offline Associate Member
    yea kevin randleman moves pretty well and started at 240lbs therebaouts in mma

Him and Sylvia should go at it to see who represents their camp! That would be awesome. Who ever wins fights, just like in high school wrestling, the best one plays boys...

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Could be fun to watch! As for Chuck Zito....well he is straight up a tough guy no doubts about that. But at 53? Well, I wouldn't want to fight him,,umm unless someone was waving the big bucks in my face!!!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    How big is he? Is he under the weight limit

dboy is offline Junior Member
    It's just too bad he was in the phony shite prior to the mma thing - makes it hard for people to take him too seriously. If he's w/Miletich though he must be pretty f'n good.

Yeah but if you watched the way he wrestled and how athletic he was for 295 lbs, you can see that he's one bad dude. Plus his wrestling background can't be ignored. I bet he's given Sylvia a run for his money already if not beating him. Sylvia can just strike, he's never impressed me with his wrestling or his ground fighting at all.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Yea silvia can strike but can lesnar??

thats a good question... Lesnar can wrestle, but can Sylvia? The only way to find out is if they fight.

kihop is offline Associate Member
    Here's a link to a video of him training that i posted a while back.
    His striking on the bag looks horrible, granted this video is pretty old now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTczM...brock%20lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by Posideon
    Him and Sylvia should go at it to see who represents their camp! That would be awesome. Who ever wins fights, just like in high school wrestling, the best one plays boys...
    Fighters from the same camp usually dont fight eachother.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    Fighters from the same camp usually dont fight eachother.
    Even watching them sparring would give us a good idea,Matt hughes supposedly picks up sylvia and carries hm round the gym...lol
    IMO lesnar will be very agressive for the takedown and if he can't get it then he will panic,tiring himself out and then be a punchbag..Who knows though,we must wait and see!!!

kyjelly is offline Banned
    brock also tried out for the vikings...NFL...didnt make it, but to get there, hes hella fast and agile for a big guy

I would hate to be stuck in a cage with that guy...

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    big guys with a good takedown can be very dangerous, ground and pound

looking forward to seeing him fight

Thread Information