Thread: Shonie Carter

westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member

Shonie Carter

Thank god Shonie Carter won last night, without him the show would have been so boring, the guys fu$%^ helarious, OH GOD shonie, dont you have another pair shorts lol!!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    yah cus what reality show would be complete without bs shananigins. Far be it that people just watch the show to see fighters train and fight.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Shonie still has it, Clementi is an asshole.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I kinda hope Shonie loses his next fight.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    shonie is funny and does possess some skills but years of hard partying(said by shonie in a interview) has really hurt his body and his attitude.

Quil is offline Member
    I was very surprised to see him handle Clementi as well as he did.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I like shonie, I was impressed with Clementi...he looks like he has some good skills.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    the faster shonie is off the show ... the better

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    the faster shonie is off the show ... the better
    Agreed.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    When I saw him in AC, he did his pimp thing coming out to the ring. Then he tries to stand on a folding chair and fell off busting his ass, everyone was dying laughing. He got KTFO big time.

How can you hate that man that has knock out via the chicago pimp slap but no really he won and there for he deserves to be there dont worry I doubt he will make out the semi's

vermin is offline Member
    I thought both fighters looked burned out. They were obvisouly both well-rounded - different than in 1-3 - but just did not seem to put it together very well.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Shonie is just as cool in person as he is on TV. he was watching his own fight at a bar in chicago last Thursday and he was cracking jokes throughout the entire thing. very cool cat!

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    All those hatin on Shonie... take a big glass of the product below. How can you hate on a guy with over 200 pro fights. That's a certifiable bad ass!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shonie Carter-haterade.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    All those hatin on Shonie... take a big glass of the product below. How can you hate on a guy with over 200 pro fights. That's a certifiable bad ass!!!
    I think alot of people are hating on him becouse it appears as if he is there to be on tv and fighting is taking a 2nd seat to being on tv. He needs to thank god serra was in his corner or he would have lost that fight.

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    I think alot of people are hating on him becouse it appears as if he is there to be on tv and fighting is taking a 2nd seat to being on tv. He needs to thank god serra was in his corner or he would have lost that fight.
    Matt Serra is one hell of a great guy, Shonie looks tired but still he got some serious fight experience.

What doesnt help him is that he doesnt seem very serious the way he acts.

The next few weeks will determine if Shonie really wants to exceed has a fighter or just have fun.

He was very impressive against Clementi, i really tought he would have been submited.

ill take the whole bottle of haterade .... and then some

no matter how many fights the guy has had ...... he still acts like a complete jackass ......... he's not there to fight ....... he's there for the show

ill take the whole bottle of haterade .... and then some

no matter how many fights the guy has had ...... he still acts like a complete jackass ......... he's not there to fight ....... he's there for the show

keep on drinkin!!! Shonie won't win the whole thing of course but he'll do alright. He finally brings some comic relief to bunch of guys with nealy zero personality.

keep on drinkin!!! Shonie won't win the whole thing of course but he'll do alright. He finally brings some comic relief to bunch of guys with nealy zero personality.

they're fighters ........ they dont need personality ........ if u want personality go watch the real world

Every successful fighter needs to be marketable, and to be marketable you got to have some sort of personality. You telling me Tito Ortiz or Chuck Liddell don't have personality. Get a clue!

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    I agree i think he theres just to show his stupid ass on tv again. I personally dont think he wants to be there to fight at all.

Every successful fighter needs to be marketable, and to be marketable you got to have some sort of personality. You telling me Tito Ortiz or Chuck Liddell don't have personality. Get a clue!

what the hell are u talkin about ?

Fedor, Gomi, CroCop, Couture ......... they're successful ....... when's the last time u saw them on TV making complete asses of themselves

Marketability ???..... you're the one who needs a clue man

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    and in all fairness ...other than tito... most fighters (including chuck) keep to themselves.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member

Fedor, Gomi, CroCop, Couture ......... they're successful ....... when's the last time u saw them on TV making complete asses of themselves

I understand what you're trying to say but those fighters aren't all that known/successful in America... Why do you think people actually think Tim Sylvia could knock out Fedor? Their marketability in the US is pretty low.

Anyways, Shonie Carter is a genuinely good guy and a VERY experienced fighter. Anyone who says otherwise is retarded. You don't have to like him, but you do have to respect him as fighter.

P.S. Crocop did a TV show in Croatia where he dressed up as a mailman and acted a fool, or so a heard. There are pictures of him floating around the net in a mailman uniform.

Couture has loads of personality and does a lot of things while he's here in Vegas. Lots of televison appearances and the like. I never said they need to act a fool, just have personality. Liddell parties and has lots of fun while he's here in Vegas. Again loads of personality. In order for a sport to become popular you must be able to market you best athletes. The athletes you mentioned above, you don't know how popular they are in their respective countries. Who knows they could be doing a sh*tload of things. But of course you wouldn't know because you aren't there. That's common sense... something you seem to be lacking.

Couture has loads of personality and does a lot of things while he's here in Vegas. Lots of televison appearances and the like. I never said they need to act a fool, just have personality. Liddell parties and has lots of fun while he's here in Vegas. Again loads of personality. In order for a sport to become popular you must be able to market you best athletes. The athletes you mentioned above, you don't know how popular they are in their respective countries. Who knows they could be doing a sh*tload of things. But of course you wouldn't know because you aren't there. That's common sense... something you seem to be lacking.

ok there E-thug

"Every successful fighter needs to be marketable"

The bottom line is that ur statement, see above, is just not true. This isnt the WWF. You dont have to sell loads of T-shirts or do tons of commercials in order to be a successful fighter, period.

You are obviously caught up in this UFC/WCW/WWF hype that the UFC keeps putting out there.
    Last edited by QuieTSToRM33; 08-23-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Quil is offline Member
    ok there E-thug

The bottom line is that ur statement, see above, is just not true. This isnt the WWF. You dont have to sell loads of T-shirts or do tons of commercials in order to be a successful fighter, period.

You are obviously caught up in this UFC/WCW/WWF hype that the UFC keeps putting out there.

I'm agreeing with you 100% on this one. How marketable is Tim Sylvia for god's sakes? He's an ugly, goofy lookin dude....and a pretty damn good fighter, that I've never seen in a commercial or ad for anything.

ok there E-thug

First, I'm not an E-thug!! I never hide behind anything I said, I live in Vegas and see fights and fighters all the time. Anything I say here I'll say in person. Go to brutestrength.com or Jesse Marunde's forum and look me up. Or better yet, check the stats or my previous posts for more about me and my background.

I guess the E-thug bash could be said to you as well. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone, this thread is for shits and grins so if it affects you that much, then you trully need to get a life. I use to work for the Fertittas. I'm just speaking from a business stand point. It's obvious you're a purist of the sport which is fine. So yeah maybe I've fallen for the UFC hype that has been put out there, so I guess that's telling me that marketing and marketability works!!! And the UFC has done a great job marketing it's athletes and building a broad fan base, fans who wouldn't necessarily be mma fans but they have manage to bring them in because of the UFC. MMA has grown by leaps and bounds because of the UFC and it's marketing expertise.

Yeah, Tim Sylvia is ugly and built funny, but his smack talking, gives him loads of personality and the bad-guy persona which is marketable. His size alone is marketable!

Lastly, I'm a much bigger boxing fan than mma. I trully think mma is very exciting and fun to watch. But I imagine that there are lots of boxers who are good by languish in obscurity because they aren't marketable (ie Bernard Hopkins for years), but guys with personality and marketability go on to not only good careers but make tons of money (ie Fernando Vargas). Why doesn't the same apply to mma?
    Last edited by BgMc31; 08-23-2006 at 06:06 PM.

I guess the E-thug bash could be said to you as well. Listen bro ..... you're the one who started ... with the whole "get a clue" shit and then telling me that "I have no common sense."

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone, this thread is for shits and grins so if it affects you that much, then you trully need to get a life. You contradict yourself here. You're saying one thing, yet you continue with your lil childish remarks. If you don't want to continue arguing, then let it go.

It's obvious you're a purist of the sport which is fine. At least we agree on something

see the bold print

Lastly, I'm a much bigger boxing fan than mma. I trully think mma is very exciting and fun to watch. But I imagine that there are lots of boxers who are good by languish in obscurity because they aren't marketable (ie Bernard Hopkins for years), but guys with personality and marketability go on to not only good careers but make tons of money (ie Fernando Vargas). Why doesn't the same apply to mma?

Bernard Hopkins became champion .... yet he wasnt marketable because of his past.

Here's a case of what i was saying before ...... You don't need to be marketable in order to be a successful fighter.

Bernard Hopkins became champion .... yet he wasnt marketable because of his past.

Here's a case of what i was saying before ...... You don't need to be marketable in order to be a successful fighter.

Bernard Hopkins didn't become marketable until he was defending his title for the 20th time and his age became a factor. Hopkins made 90% of his money in his last 4 fights.

I'll let the incivility go. If I was being childish, that's your impression, not mine, because it really isn't that serious to me. A good debate is always fun for me. Your comment about if I wanted to personality I should watch the Real World rubbed me the wrong way. My impression was you tried to make it look like I didn't belong in the conversation, like I didn't know what I was talking about. I'll squash it, it's all water under the bridge to me!

You're a MMA purist, and I'm a boxing purist. I wish marketability wasn't a consideration in any sport, but IMO, that's just the way things are nowadays. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't get paid!

Stay strong, brotha!
    Last edited by BgMc31; 08-23-2006 at 09:56 PM.

My impression was you tried to make it look like I didn't belong in the conversation, like I didn't know what I was talking about.

Not at all bro

It's all good man.

Cant we all just get along!!

Thread Information