Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hughes Or GSP

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Hughes Or GSP

This fights cumin up and i know a lot of you wont agree wit me but i think hughes is gonna destroy him. Gsp is a great well rounded fighter but i jus dont c Gsp winnin this fight unless he keeps it standin which in my eyes isnt gonna happen.I honestly dont c it goin past the 2nd round. I jus think hughes will take him down early and gnp him till the ref stops it. I like GSP, hes an awsum fighter but i think hughes will have his number in this 1.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I think the only person who can beat Hughes is Penn. If Penn wouldn't have separated his ribs, Matt would have been in trouble. GSP is a great fighter but cannot match Matt on the ground.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i gotta go with gsp.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Hughes. Hughes. Hughes.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    GSP all the way. He nearly beat Hughes in their first match. Since then he has progressed in a very big way.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is how i think the fight will go. Matt said that he wants to knock him out, so i think Hughes will try to stand with him for a bit but GSP has better striking/stand up IMO so eventually Hughes will try to take him down and when he does, he will win by Ground n' pound or submission. I will say that im sure GSP is very focused on this fight that he might pull out the win but i doubt it. Matt seems to get his ass kicked in a lot of his fights and always comes back with an impressive win.

Big Broker 1 is offline Associate Member
    It's going to be a good 1 no matter what...i would like to see GSP but am not 100% he can do it.....Penn vs Hughs 2 thats the one i would love to see...

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    well penn vs Hughes 2 already happened, unless you mean 3.

I agree I think Hughes will take it for sure. GSP is good, and he was winning last time they were fighting before the armbar, but Hughes always gets it done, even when he was getting his ass kicked so bad against Penn he came back and won it. It just doesnt seem like GSP has as much experience in big fights and will lose like last time.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    GSP he is way to focused on this and he is the future of the WW division

LiL Big Man is offline New Member
    Man,
    Being Canadian GSP!! Man is in Shape, Healthy, Young and Ballzzee!!
    Hughes is tough. Proved his heart in his fight with Penn. Good fight!

GSP 1st rd!

Gotta love Hughes, ICON of our sport...Ahhh GSP 1st RD!

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    I am tired of all the UFC champions... If it stays on the feet and Hughes tries to knock him out I think george has a good chance because I think that he is the best striker hughes has faced. GSP's quickness and athleticism are amazing, I don't think he is a match for Hughes' "gorilla" type strength but we will certainly see!!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Way too hard to call. GSP has improved so much since their first fight and WANTS this win so bad. Only problem is that Hughes is a damn machine. We've seen him choked to the point of being purple faced and he stands up with little effort and throws guys across the ring. How do you fight that? GSP needs to land a nasty kick to the head early cause if it hits the ground I see it ending much like #1.

Viva la Canada !!! With out beady little eyes and flapping heads

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    GSP! /thread
    ***No source checks!!!***

Standard01 is offline Associate Member
    GSP should win relatively easily. He is better then Hughes in every aspect except submissions. I see this fight looking like GSP/Trigg, but not quite that one sided. 3rd round ref stoppage.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Calling hughes on this one. I like both but I am calling hughes.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I dunno but I hate chuck liddell lol.

vermin is offline Member
    Hughes - GSP is good, but clearly second tier.

Standard01 is offline Associate Member
    Second tier, that's a bold statement.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    for starters... i ****ing hate the coined phrase "ground and pound'... how about just "if he takes it to the ground" ...

2nd... hughes stand up blows... and dont' under estimate gsp's ground game...

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    I dunno but I hate chuck liddell lol.
    Jus wonderin.... y do u hate chuck?

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    i duno bout him... but i hate his disrespect to penn who was kicking his ass... "i wish he had the cardio to last 5 rounds ... blah blah" ... more like "god i'm glad he got hurt before he tapped me out" or atleast the humble "he fought great but i came out ahead" ... that's why i hate him.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    GSP by second round KO

Matt Hughes by second round TKO/strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    This is how i think the fight will go. Matt said that he wants to knock him out.
    this must be to throw GSP off, no way he would stand there in front of Georges. It just like BJ said, every win comes from taking the guy down...

but I really have no confidence in my predictions, I thought Franklin was going to open Silva up within 2 rounds

....but on a side note, wouldnt GSP be an awesome Champ? Im biased being Canadian, but a great fighter who is exciting to watch, full of energy, well rounded and always smiling is something none of the other divisions have right now... correct me if Im wrong (its happend before)

I personally think that GSP will be the next ww champ before BJ penn will be.
    Im willing to bet that Hughes will try to stand will him for a bit and realize that GSP is a better striker and try take it to the ground, just like he did with BJ.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    my heart says gsp but my head says hughes.

This is a tough one to pick. They are both great fighters and its gonna be a good fight. I do think this will go a little longer than the first fight though (at least i hope so).

TR'05 is offline Member
    This fight is very tough to call IMO. A friend of mine's a wrestler and prior to extensive knee injuries was training out of the Canadian National Training Centre in Montreal. GSP trained, i assume he still does, quite extensively with thse guys. He says that people don't really understand just how strong GSP really is. We all hear about how pound for pound Matt Hughes is the strongest UFC fighter, but GSP isn't given his credit. The guy is a machine all around. Explosive, extremelty quick, and ridiculous strngth to boot. His wrestling skills are also underrates, I'd say.

Despite the scoring of UFC fights, GSP had impressive (one excellent) takedowns on BJ Penn who is one of the toughest guys in MMA to shoot on. The one slam, in particular, that was excellent (and anyone who has seen the fight know which one it is) prooves the strength GSP has.

I hope his groin is all healed and he's 100%. It should be a war and I am hoping that Hughes gets his ass handed to him. Someone has to knock him off his high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by $$TML 4 LIFE$$
    Jus wonderin.... y do u hate chuck?

I don't like chuck anymore either... I don't know why I am just ready for someone else.. all his fights lately have sucked and everyone knows he can't take wanderlai...

You may think his fights suck because most of his fights are with ground fighters and they always think they can stand with him but they cant.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    i duno bout him... but i hate his disrespect to penn who was kicking his ass... "i wish he had the cardio to last 5 rounds ... blah blah" ... more like "god i'm glad he got hurt before he tapped me out" or atleast the humble "he fought great but i came out ahead" ... that's why i hate him.
    he said he hated Chuck, not Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by uponone23
    I don't like chuck anymore either... I don't know why I am just ready for someone else.. all his fights lately have sucked and everyone knows he can't take wanderlai...
    The only reason you could say his fights suck is because the guys facing him have not posed any type of threat at all to him. I mean the longest fight he has had in a while was against Horn, and that was just a complete beating, not even close.

IMO he is a great fighter, he hits hard and he's well rounded. Yeah he may not be "the best in the world" but he is good. Whether you like him or not you have to admit that. Almost every fight he has is a knockout.

Anyways, there has been plenty of talk about Chuck Liddell in previous threads. Lets not get into this right now, he is fighting next month so we can do it then. This is the Hughes and GSP thread so lets stick to that.

Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    IMO he is a great fighter, he hits hard and he's well rounded. Yeah he may not be "the best in the world" but he is good. Whether you like him or not you have to admit that. Almost every fight he has is a knockout.

Anyways, there has been plenty of talk about Chuck Liddell in previous threads. Lets not get into this right now, he is fighting next month so we can do it then. This is the Hughes and GSP thread so lets stick to that.

I hate to be the dissenter but i'm tired of matt hughes too..... I think the UFC is stale and needs new champions... Personal opinion

No problem man........everyone has there own opinion.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    GSP only because Hughes pissed him off, GSP's biggest problem imo is he isnt mean enough.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    i hate matt huges so much and gsp is teh man he is going to walk out of the ring with a brand new belt

vampishsum is offline New Member
    matt got this on a lock it just hard to bet the ground game and matt going get him there.

Quote Originally Posted by vampishsum
    matt got this on a lock it just hard to bet the ground game and matt going get him there.
    OOOOOOOOOK????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information