MiZongMaster is offline Associate Member

Kung Fu vs Ninjitsu

Hey guys.. I have taken martial arts before (kung fu, muay thai, bjj, and american boxing). Recently I moved down to south florida and decided to start again. I took the Muay Thai/bjj/ab mainly for practicality to real situations, however, I want to take martial arts for other reasons now. Mainly personal development, spiritual, etc. I have a love for Kung Fu, and have found a local school that teachs 8 Step Preying Mantis Kung Fu, however, a friend that will be attending with me found a Bujinkan dojo close as well. I have not taken any of these styles, and wanted some opinions on either from the rest of you. These are the schools:

http://www.8step.com/

http://paulfisher.com/bujinkan/bujinkan.htm

And again, these are not just for real world self defense, I mainly want to find out from people who have experience from these, or similiar, styles..

Thanks guys!

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    I am honestly not a big fan of any of the Chinese martial arts... I prefer the Japanese Philosophies...

I am Jewish so I have practiced Krav Maga it is an interesting fighting system with many many spirtual elements.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    ninjitsu isn't very spirutual at all...i'd go with wou shoo? (the monk style)

Aztec Warrior is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

I am from San Jose CA bro, and have taken classes @ the lions den and let me tell you those ****ers are really intense! I just wanted to learn basically some take downs and maybe a kick or two but those ****ers wanted me to start sparring like the second week with other guys...I was like **** it and did it for a bit, but it's not all that it's crack up to be fighting out of their league. Eventhough they would tell me I had a gift for fighting, I said **** that, I am 214 and would get my ass beat in a 205 fight with the Ice man(I actually had a dream and almost pissed my pants...LOL)

The only guy that anyone probably knows that I've sparred is against Nathan Diaz, and eventhough he is a skinny **** and I out weigh him by over 25+punds he has some fast ass hands with power behind them. Afterwards I would just want to go home or visit my girl but those fools PARTIED!!! I have to give it up to them in regards to training but they drink and party like rockstars. I stopped going though about a years ago just because I was starting my business and did not have the time for me or my nephew wich I took to take kickboxing.

It seems to me that your looking for more of a spiritual type of martial arts. If you are dont join any mma groups because they are crazy, party, and plain and simple dont give a ****(always fighting at the clubs in San Jose ie. Studio 8, Agenda, ect. Good Luck

Regards,

Thumbs up

If I had time now I would really be interested in any of Bruce Lee's teachings. I know he almost didin't certify almost anyone, but a few people across America teach the philoshopies. They are so interesting to me but I work from 8am-8pm(seriously) almost everyday so I have no life. Good luck

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec Warrior
    I work from 8am-8pm(seriously) almost everyday so I have no life. Good luck

Regards,
    And it's 3:38am and I am posting here...**** INSOMNIA!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    lol all that posting and you didn't read his post :P... he was lookin spirtual so that rules out mma straight out :P

Thread Information