Thread: What if...?

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

What if...?

What are everyones thoughts on a fight like this....

GSP puts on lbs and fights Silva. Good fight or would it be Silva's to lose?

Just something I was wondering, even before the GSP/Hughes fight. It was actually after Silva took the belt and someone mentionned that Hughes talked about going up in weight to fight Silva and I thought it would be cool to see GSP's speed vs. Silva.

What y'all think?

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    That would be a kick ass fight. Im not sure who i think would win that one, let me get back to ya!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Silva!

For one, he is comportable at that weight and is proven at MW whereas GSP would be testing the waters and Silva is not the kina fighter you wanna "test" the water with if you get my drift.

The reach advantage would be huge.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Silva!

For one, he is comportable at that weight and is proven at MW whereas GSP would be testing the waters and Silva is not the kina fighter you wanna "test" the water with if you get my drift.

The reach advantage would be huge.

Good point. With how good of a striker Silva is that would be a big advantage for him if he were to fight GSP.

Agreed. Silva being a natural 185lb'er, fights at that weight comfortably as Murilo mentioned. Although, GSP did drop, what, 14lbs the day of weigh in? Regardless, a kick ass fight would be right. And, with Silva being that much taller than Hughes it should eliminate the

Look at it this way, GSP walks around at 185lbs and cuts to 170lbs whereas Silva walks around 190ish and cuts to 185lbs. The difference would be quite apparent side by side. Did you see how much taller Silva was than Lutter, Lutter is also gonna feel the pain soon.

Lutter is also gonna feel the pain soon.
    oh yes, he will know the meaning.

I cant imagine what Franklins internals must have felt like the next day. Those knees are violent.

Standard01 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power
    Agreed. Silva being a natural 185lb'er, fights at that weight comfortably as Murilo mentioned. Although, GSP did drop, what, 14lbs the day of weigh in? Regardless, a kick ass fight would be right. And, with Silva being that much taller than Hughes it should eliminate the
    Silva is a small 185er and GSP is a big 170er, not much of a size difference. I mean Silva fought at 170 for a long time(Meca and Shooto). I'd take GSP in that fight. Silva made Franklin look like doo doo(more proof that size doesn't matter that much as Franklin walks around 10-15 pounds heavier then Silva), but he had a bad gameplan. Would be a very exciting fight and could go either way.

Yeah Lutter just seems a little to slow to keep up with Silva.

Silva could'nt amke 170lbs unless he chopped a leg off, it has been a long time since he was in Shooto. He fought as heavy as 200lbs in Pride (against Otsuka if i remember).

He is not that small, trust me.

Natty99 is offline Member
    I would sya that Silva now "walks around" at least 215 lbs. He's a mean dude. However; take out stomps and soccer kicks and he's gonna lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty99
    I would sya that Silva now "walks around" at least 215 lbs. He's a mean dude. However; take out stomps and soccer kicks and he's gonna lose.

Let's not get to crazy, he does not walk around that heavy and has never been that heavy in his professional career (probably never). At the very most i would put him at 196-200lbs when not fighting. He is very tall and lanky looking and that is decieving.

Standard01 is offline Associate Member
    Let's not get to crazy, he does not walk around that heavy and has never been that heavy in his professional career (probably never). At the very most i would put him at 196-200lbs when not fighting. He is very tall and lanky looking and that is decieving.
    I think the dude above thinks we're talking about Vanderlei? Anyways he has gotten a lot thicker, I think you're close with 196-200. What do you think Rich weighs when not fighting? 205-210.

Rich say's he walks around 210ish (when not training anyway).

Off the top of my head, walk around weights are:

Tito: 230lbs

Rampage 220ish (230lbs sometimes this is really big for him and i remember him saying he has been this heavy before)

Chuck: 225-230lbs

Shogun: 227-230lbs

Wanderlei: 215ish (states he does not like to get to heavy)

Randleman: 230+ (depends on upcoming fight at MW or HW)

Franklin: 210lbs

Forrest: 235lbs

Ricco: 300+

Plus you have to take in account this extra weight is not always "good" weight and alot of it can be water retention/bloat etc.

Franklin does walk around quite heavy and fights pretty decent in LH. Found a pic of him when he fought Shamrock and he is huge... comparitavely speaking as to his fight with Quary...

Thread Information