Thread: Broken ribs

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

Broken ribs

jst got back from the hospital, think ive fractured a couple of ribs,(i say i think because i only went to my local hospital which is minor injuries only so they cant do X-rays on chest injuries) i did this on monday night sparring for the first time in over a year, the nurse says if its brouzed they will be healed in 2-3 weeks and if cracked 6-8 weeks. im gutted cos i wanted to be sparring all the time

has any body else on here done this and how long will i have to stop training/sparing, the nurse says till its fully healed, but surely i can do bag work in a week or so?

sorry about the rant its just i was so looking forward to moving on with my boxing, hopeing to fight next MAY.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I had a nasty little injury doing BJJ one time. I was going light with this white belt and i sat to my guard to allow him to be on top etc.. An yways i am going light and i think i went for a half ass triangle and this guy goes balls to the wall and presses me to where both my feet are on the mat behind my head, he did it so fast that i did not have time to roll my head to the side and it tore some cartilidge around my left ribs (at least i think thats what it was, i took some Ibuprofen and stayed off for awhile, never went to the doc.

Then again, i am weakling.

Get better soon and take it easy for awhile.
    ***No source checks!!!***

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I had a nasty little injury doing BJJ one time. I was going light with this white belt and i sat to my guard to allow him to be on top etc.. An yways i am going light and i think i went for a half ass triangle and this guy goes balls to the wall and presses me to where both my feet are on the mat behind my head, he did it so fast that i did not have time to roll my head to the side and it tore some cartilidge around my left ribs (at least i think thats what it was, i took some Ibuprofen and stayed off for awhile, never went to the doc.

Then again, i am weakling.

Get better soon and take it easy for awhile.

lol you know better than that....white belts always go balls to the walls :P

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    lol you know better than that....white belts always go balls to the walls :P

il go against a fellow blue or even a purple or brown and get owned then go against a spaz white. i really dont like going with people that havent trained for 6 months. we have a new rule that you have to train for 3 months before you can roll. it helps on the spazzes a lot!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    il go against a fellow blue or even a purple or brown and get owned then go against a spaz white. i really dont like going with people that havent trained for 6 months. we have a new rule that you have to train for 3 months before you can roll. it helps on the spazzes a lot!

I don't like that "rule" whatsoever. That is ridiculous IMO. People learn to calm down and use technique after getting their ass handed to them over and over again by the higher ranks.

And as far as the white belt that went crazy on me, following my normal general rule, i dominated him for a few minutes before, tapped him 2-3x and then went light. Apparently he had'nt had enough.
    ***No source checks!!!***

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Our school doesn't let us tap white unless they are 3 stripe or above. Which is cool cus its really teh best time to try out flash moves. We also don't let people spar until 3 months or so... but I think there is a good reason for that. They don't know any moves yet at that point... so they can really learn some bad habbits and hurt people. Using strength to make up for lack of skill they try to make up stupid movies. Like i had some one try to grab my head with there hands and try to turn it (like people break necks in movies) while i had my head on his chest to keep him down. Now granted he couldn't...but he should never have tried to do something like that...but he didn't know the difference between a stupid a$$ move like that and a skill ful one.

Thread Information