Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sonar1234 is offline Banned
    rooster101 you are right about the huge weight loss but at what cost, i mean look at Joe Riggs he has trouble getting down to 170 pounds, he used to be 300 pounds.

I did see Crocop weight at 213 pounds has well.

Far from MMA i competed in TKD mans favorite martial art LOL and i was 210 pounds, my coach wanted me to get down to 185 pounds, it was just hell and dropping all the weight.

After that i competed at my weight around 200 pounds.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I cant believe this thread is still going. Hopefully he joins the UFC and puts on a show, whichever weight class it is.

In my opinion, and I know it doesnt mean much, but if Cro cut that much weight, the result would be the same as Franklins last fight. He put on too much muscle to cut to 185 and it completely exhausted him. He wont admit it as he doesnt make excuses but you could see the depletion in his eyes. He is the master of cutting and he couldnt do it successfully for that fight.

CJC1981 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power
    I cant believe this thread is still going. Hopefully he joins the UFC and puts on a show, whichever weight class it is.

In my opinion, and I know it doesnt mean much, but if Cro cut that much weight, the result would be the same as Franklins last fight. He put on too much muscle to cut to 185 and it completely exhausted him. He wont admit it as he doesnt make excuses but you could see the depletion in his eyes. He is the master of cutting and he couldnt do it successfully for that fight.
    Or mabe having his face crushed by anderson silva's knee had something to do with it. Franklin could have come in at 195 and he still would have lost that fight.

Standard01 is offline Associate Member
    Whether KO power is right is questionable, but his point was that Rich came in exhausted, if you're exhausted you can't fight as you know. Anyways....................

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    CroCop at 213 lbs? Yeah, right...and monkeys might fly outta the Pope's butthole.

Seriously, not only is that bodyweight listing old, but I doubt it was even correct when it was measured.

rooster101 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    CroCop at 213 lbs? Yeah, right...and monkeys might fly outta the Pope's butthole.

Seriously, not only is that bodyweight listing old, but I doubt it was even correct when it was measured.
    the body weight wasnt listed when he was a growing young boy. it was listed when he was in his prime. if he was that weight then, he can make that weight now.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    rooster101 you are right about the huge weight loss but at what cost, i mean look at Joe Riggs he has trouble getting down to 170 pounds, he used to be 300 pounds.
    yes you are right. i know first hand that joe riggs is one of those fighters that has all the tallent and no disapline. hes the guy that will do as much as it takes, but not all it takes to be number one. thats why he let himself get 300lbs in the first place. crop cop can make the 205 weight, at no cost if he diets ahead of time for at least 2 mounths.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster101
    it was listed when he was in his prime. if he was that weight then, he can make that weight now.
    You mean he's not in his prime anymore? When exactly did his prime end?

Sure, he could drop to 213 or even 205 - if he shot estrogen with cortisol and ate lettuce all day. His bodyfat is pretty low already and he's not holding as much water as you think. He'd sacrifice a good bit of muscle to drop down to that weight. I've attended three of his Pride fights and watched quite a few more on TV - he looks a lot different in person. He's very pale and the ring lights are rather bright, which makes him appear fatter/holding more water than he really is.

Its possible that he gets to 205 but has you said he will lose a lot of muscles, thats what usually happens when someone cuts down even more when he is very lean, and is performance would suffer has well.

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    You mean he's not in his prime anymore? When exactly did his prime end?

I've attended three of his Pride fights and watched quite a few more on TV - he looks a lot different in person.
    before is prime in the heavy weight division, ive should of been way more clear. ive also seen him myself in the back locker room while ill was warming up my own fighter. i just think he can do it. ive seen guys his size do it all the time.

Mirko got a lot bigger since is K1 days, he seen fights in K1 where CroCop had a very normal shape and not muscular has you see him today.

Now did he juice or not that is the question but i am pertty sure that then he was 213 pounds and he is 6 feet 2 inches tall.

CJC1981 is offline Associate Member
    Without a doubt cro-cop can make 205. He would lose a little strength and may lose a little stamina, but he would still have the strongest stand up game in the LHW division. I believe that stamina is one of the most important if not the most important factors in mma, but assuming that Cro-Cop would come down to fight Chuck for the title, the match shouldn't last more tha 1 round anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CJC1981
    Without a doubt cro-cop can make 205. He would lose a little strength and may lose a little stamina, but he would still have the strongest stand up game in the LHW division. I believe that stamina is one of the most important if not the most important factors in mma, but assuming that Cro-Cop would come down to fight Chuck for the title, the match shouldn't last more tha 1 round anyway.
    That would be a UFC PPV to buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information