Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tatecade27 is offline New Member

Help! I Just Want To Look Good Naked.

IVE BEEN WATCHING MMA AND UNTIMATE FIGHTER SHOWS FOR A WHILE NOW AND ALLTHOUGH I AM STRAIGHT I THOUGHT I HAD A MAN-CRUSH ON THESE GUYS BUT I REILAZED I JUST WANTED TO LOOK LIKE THEM. IVE DONE ALOT OF RESEARCH ON PROPER DIETS AND AM EVEN THINKING OF STARTING A CYCLE, BUT AFTER READING A WHILE I REALIZE I NEED TO GET MY BASE UP. CAN ANYONE SHARE WITH ME THIER DIET AND TRAINING REGIMINE? I AM GUNG-HO AND READY TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. MY WIFE WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE IT. THANX!!!!

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I dont know which fighters exactly are you talking about and which ones in particular you have seen naked!! But the truth is not all fighters have great physiques, infact some of the most dominant champs today are a little flabby or carry a gut. But if you want to get a better body then the procedure is basically hard work+commitment+No-BS!!

I dont know what shape you are in right now but even if you are starting from scratch all you need is to join a gym and you can get alot of different workout types on this website, but for me being a fighter i workout differently from your typical bodybuilder because my goal is not to just get bigger and then cut before contests or before special occaisons, i actually need to be in good shape all year while training and then in excellent shape when competing.

If you are carrying lots of weight on your stomach and other areas of fat then your workout could be targeted towards losing fat and getting into a more natural weight range. In that case you will mix weights with good cardio and you can train almost everyday!

If your skinny and underweight then you need to do less hardcore cardio and in order to gain muscle you will need to really focus on diet and your weightlifting will be more like the traditional bodybuilder, train each bodypart once a week high weights low reps and give it the rest of the week to recover.

Its too general, tell us your stats, whats your age/weight/height/training experience/sports experience/amount of free time a week/ access to gym?

Give us all this and lets see what we can put together for you.

DONT THINK ABOUT DOING A CYCLE NOW!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    yah... body shaping and mma are two different things. Most guys just get there build from insane amounts of training.

hell some don't even lift weights traditionally (bench ..etc)

lot of them do body weight work and kettle weights and stuff.

pwerfll1 is offline Banned
    Man crush yikes im out!!!!!

maybe a man-crush was a bit over the top. but i do appreciate the energy, stamina and dedication these guys have. as for my stats here goes...

33 YEARS OLD
    5'-11.5"
    184lbs.
    35" waist

AT ONE TIME I WAS 220 LBS. THEN I GOT GASTROINTERIDOUS AND DROPED DOWN TO 165.

I DO HAVE A DESK JOB SO I SIT ON MY BUTT MOST OF THE DAY AND I THINK THAT COULD BE THE REASON FOR SOME OF MY WEIGHT GAIN. I DO LOSE WEIGHT FAIRLY QUICKLY. I DONT LIKE TO GLOAT BUT I AM PRETTY GOOD AT ALL SPORTS ( EXCEPT HOCKEY...IM IN THE SOUTH FOR GODS SAKES!) AND I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN A SEMI-PRO BASEBALL LEAGUE THAT IS NEAR ME. I HAVE LOOKED THROUGH ALL THE WORKOUT POSSIBILITIES OR DIETS ON THIS SITE BUT CANT SEEM TO FIND ONE THAT CATERS TO THIS SPORT. I APPRICIATE ALL THE ADVISE SO FAR AND LOOK FORWARD TO ANY MORE IN THE FUTURE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! I Just Want To Look Good Naked.-captured-2007-2-12-00000.jpg  

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    What Is The Deal With The Caps?!?!?

armbar83 is offline Senior Member
    ok
    1. no more caps please thats considered YELLING
    2. dont even let the thought of taking steroids cross your mind
    3. if you want to look like a fighter you should start trainning mma
    4. im not sure what "alot" of research is to you but keep doing more, read through the diet forum.
    5. fighters dont have specific fighter diets, if anything they eat alot worse than body builders, so if your wanting to look like a fighter and not train, it check out the cutting diet threads
    6. its alot of work to train, but if your dedicated youll be fine, good luck!

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by armbar83
    ok
    1. no more caps please thats considered YELLING
    2. dont even let the thought of taking steroids cross your mind
    3. if you want to look like a fighter you should start trainning mma
    4. im not sure what "alot" of research is to you but keep doing more, read through the diet forum.
    5. fighters dont have specific fighter diets, if anything they eat alot worse than body builders, so if your wanting to look like a fighter and not train, it check out the cutting diet threads
    6. its alot of work to train, but if your dedicated youll be fine, good luck!
    Alot more fighters are careful about diet becouse crashing to loose weight affects preformance. I know when I was moving up from 145 to 155 I was militant on my diet and I still am and I do compete in mma. Thats why I love this site bodybuilding diets have helped improve my performance. You are right though some fighters do eat like shit and when they cut alot of weight it shows ex Travis lutter, joe riggs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Alot more fighters are careful about diet becouse crashing to loose weight affects preformance. I know when I was moving up from 145 to 155 I was militant on my diet and I still am and I do compete in mma. Thats why I love this site bodybuilding diets have helped improve my performance. You are right though some fighters do eat like shit and when they cut alot of weight it shows ex Travis lutter, joe riggs etc.

i dont know man, i would honestly say your the exception not the rule. i train at att in orlando and for the most part the only pro guys who watch what they eat are the ones who wrestled collegiately. most of these guys arrive at fights at least 10-15 over before sucking for weigh ins. i have a fight at 155 in 5 weeks and im starting to eat cleaner now. i was walking at 185 a few weeks ago and i was 173 tonight. these guys burn so many calories trainning everyday that just slight calorie adjustments make huge differences. i know very few fighters who really understand nutrition and how to eat clean. bodybuilders on the other hand are very educated. these guys know exactly how to get the most out of their bodies. whats sad is i would say travis lutter is more experience and knows more than most of these guys. you walk a fine line in cutting. you want to fight at the highest weight possible.

Quote Originally Posted by armbar83
    i dont know man, i would honestly say your the exception not the rule. i train at att in orlando and for the most part the only pro guys who watch what they eat are the ones who wrestled collegiately. most of these guys arrive at fights at least 10-15 over before sucking for weigh ins. i have a fight at 155 in 5 weeks and im starting to eat cleaner now. i was walking at 185 a few weeks ago and i was 173 tonight. these guys burn so many calories trainning everyday that just slight calorie adjustments make huge differences. i know very few fighters who really understand nutrition and how to eat clean. bodybuilders on the other hand are very educated. these guys know exactly how to get the most out of their bodies. whats sad is i would say travis lutter is more experience and knows more than most of these guys. you walk a fine line in cutting. you want to fight at the highest weight possible.
    I wreslted in college to for a year lol. If you look more and more guys are recruiting guys to understand nutrition case in point joe riggs. Sucking alot of weight effects performance no two ways about it. I agree alot of fighters dont watch what they eat and it shows when you cut to much weight without proper nutrition. I cut alot of weight to get down to 145 but I knew how to do it. Sherk for example is another guy who is militant on his diet and he never gases. Is it all becouse of diet? No. Is some of it do to diet? Yes

oh and before you start trainning, i would tell you to seriously consider getting back into shape...

jogging, walking, ect.

if not it may be to overwhelming and make you want to quit...

155 at your height? Wow... you look heavier (muscle) in your pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    155 at your height? Wow... you look heavier (muscle) in your pictures.
    Yep I moved up from 145 by lifting lol. I am only 5'7 barefoot, I am a little guy. I have always been light but strong naturally I think its the farm work.

Sorry about the caps. I dont know how to type and its easier to just keep the caps. Thanks for the tips fellas. I will get busy on the training. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Yep I moved up from 145 by lifting lol. I am only 5'7 barefoot, I am a little guy. I have always been light but strong naturally I think its the farm work.
    Matt Hughes is that you???

Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    Matt Hughes is that you???
    I might be a prick but not that big of a prick. No I am from northern minnesota grew up on a big potato/sugar beet/wheat farm. Still coming up through the ranks and all will be awhile before I fight in a big show like pride, ufc, jungle fight, bodog, etc.

p.s. number 12 I love that picture. If we could only see it in real time!!!

lol 5'7... i thought you were 6'ish
    :P

shrimp

yep only 5'7 zimmy but I look tall next to Faber...but then again he is 5'4

Thread Information