Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    steve18rob is offline New Member
    i think couture will make it a great fight and as he has proved you cant write him off. He is worthy of being a hall of famer

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    When Matt beat BJ he could talk all the shit he wants because he avenged a loss. He was getting his ass kicked the first two rounds and to come back and win the way he did gives him the right to talk shit IMO.
    Penn injured himself taking hughes back. Let hughes rematch Penn and see what happens. Ohh wait Matt said he was uninterestead in fighting Penn again I wonder why? Oh maybe becouse he knows he has a great chance of getting tooled again. Also when he st.pierre again it will be tooling.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Penn injured himself taking hughes back. Let hughes rematch Penn and see what happens. Ohh wait Matt said he was uninterestead in fighting Penn again I wonder why? Oh maybe becouse he knows he has a great chance of getting tooled again. Also when he st.pierre again it will be tooling.
    If Penn comes into another match lacking cardio, let's put the onus on him for not preparing for the fight, not on the fighter that beats him. Saying Penn "would have" beat Hughes were it not for this or that is just making excuses for him. Results count, "would haves" and "should haves" do not.......

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    that wasn't gassed...that was injured...it was obvious.

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    I don't know if I would consider a loss to Randleman 3 years ago that big of a deal.. Since then he has beaten Josh Barnett (twice i think.?.?.?) Wanderlai Silva, Mark Coleman (who was on a tear there for a while) A. Emelianenko, and his only losses are a very close split decision to Mark Hunt (who is just an animal in my opinion) and a unanimous decision to Fedor.. Anyone in the world could have lost to either of those guys I think.

So in my opinion now that Wandy lost to Henderson which eliminates a Chuck vs Silva fight. I believe that "THE" fight that everyone will be waiting on will be Cotoure vs Filipovic. One for the ages... Or at least lets hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    If Penn comes into another match lacking cardio, let's put the onus on him for not preparing for the fight, not on the fighter that beats him. Saying Penn "would have" beat Hughes were it not for this or that is just making excuses for him. Results count, "would haves" and "should haves" do not.......
    Penn lost his fight with St.Peirre becouse of cardio. He was tooling Hughes there is no other way to put it. He then injured himself taking hughes back. Matt is a incredible champion and I wont take that away from him but he simply is hard to like becouse of his ego. Fact is I believe Hughes knows if he rematches Penn he wont win and I will even make an avitator bet with any taker if they rematch saying Penn beats Hughes.

Penn lost his fight with St.Peirre becouse of cardio. He was tooling Hughes there is no other way to put it. He then injured himself taking hughes back. Matt is a incredible champion and I wont take that away from him but he simply is hard to like becouse of his ego. Fact is I believe Hughes knows if he rematches Penn he wont win and I will even make an avitator bet with any taker if they rematch saying Penn beats Hughes.
    I can appreciate the affect an injury can have in the ring, but saying "Penn should have won, were it not for an injury" is also an excuse. Is Penn just the victim of bad luck, since he "should have" won his last two fights in the octagon? Penn is a great fighter, but he is his own worst enemy. Yes Matt has an ego, just as Penn has is excuses. I just do not see Penn fighting in the octagon anytime soon. I ran into 2 guys from his gym in Hawaii while in Las Vegas last month, they said that he is not training regularly and spends most of his time on the beach, grilling and drinking beer. I am tired of hearing excuses in the ring, whether it be Penn, Sylvia, or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    I can appreciate the affect an injury can have in the ring, but saying "Penn should have won, were it not for an injury" is also an excuse. Is Penn just the victim of bad luck, since he "should have" won his last two fights in the octagon? Penn is a great fighter, but he is his own worst enemy. Yes Matt has an ego, just as Penn has is excuses. I just do not see Penn fighting in the octagon anytime soon. I ran into 2 guys from his gym in Hawaii while in Las Vegas last month, they said that he is not training regularly and spends most of his time on the beach, grilling and drinking beer. I am tired of hearing excuses in the ring, whether it be Penn, Sylvia, or whoever.
    I am not saying your info is false but his students all said he signed a deal with showtime. Penn is not super interactive with his students. Here is my opinion of penn "everyone worst nightmare is penn on a treadmill, Penn's worst nightmare is being on a treadmill." I am not making an excuse for penn at all he lost. I am simply saying matt was losing decievesly before Penn got injured. Lets also not forget the St.Peirre fight was a split decision and alot of people believe he won. I predict Penn will return to dominance.

I am not saying your info is false but his students all said he signed a deal with showtime. Penn is not super interactive with his students. Here is my opinion of penn "everyone worst nightmare is penn on a treadmill, Penn's worst nightmare is being on a treadmill." I am not making an excuse for penn at all he lost. I am simply saying matt was losing decievesly before Penn got injured. Lets also not forget the St.Peirre fight was a split decision and alot of people believe he won. I predict Penn will return to dominance.
    Please do not misunderstand me. Penn is a beast and could take the Welterweight title from Pierre or Hughes, if he would put the time in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information