Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up couture vs sylvia

wont spoil it for the people that havent seen it but i will say it was awesome, best fight ive seen this year

Hunter is offline Grateful
    All I have to say is for all those doubters never cant couture out.

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    wont spoil it for the people that havent seen it but i will say it was awesome one of the best fights ive seen this year
    I don't know about the best fight this year, it was a one rounded domination... I'll be the spoiler Randy killed Sylvia

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I had goose bumps at the end of the fight

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Awesome fight. Made me wanna go to the gym instead of the bars. The fight itself wasn't the best ever but Couture's complete domination (especially in standup) just left me speechless. It reminded me of his first fight with Chuck Liddell.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter08
    I don't know about the best fight this year, it was a one rounded domination... I'll be the spoiler Randy killed Sylvia
    i dont mean best in terms of even competition i just mean best in terms of how awesome it was to watch. that first hit randy landed was crazy, nobody saw that coming. then in the rogan interview sylvia was so close to being a good sportsman about the loss but then he has to throw in "i didnt think my injury before this fight would affect me but it did"

Blog Entries
    i dont mean best in terms of even competition i just mean best in terms of how awesome it was to watch. that first hit randy landed was crazy, nobody saw that coming. then in the rogan interview sylvia was so close to being a good sportsman about the loss but then he has to throw in "i didnt think my injury before this fight would affect me but it did"
    Yeah everybody in the crowd said a collective Ohhhhh, he didnt just say that. Now even more people are going to hate him. Which is sad cause hje isnt that bad a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    Yeah everybody in the crowd was said a collective Ohhhhh, he didnt just say that. Now even more people are going to hate him. Which is sad cause is isnt that bad a guy.
    maybe not but he just says alot of unneccesary dumb shit, and the result of this is that nobody likes him. unfortunately as for couture, his fate is waiting in croatia

Blog Entries
    maybe not but he just says alot of unneccesary dumb shit, and the result of this is that nobody likes him. unfortunately as for couture, his fate is waiting in croatia
    LOL,

I couldnt agree with you more. I have nightmires just thinking about it.

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Im Jus Speechless!!!! I would of never seen that cumin. Couture outstrike Syilvia...WOW. 1 of the best main events ive seen in a while. Hey I know his next fight is more then likely against Crocop but can we really count Randy out??????

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    wont spoil it for the people that havent seen it but i will say it was awesome, best fight ive seen this year

I think it is safe to say you did not watch Pride 33!
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I think it is safe to say you did not watch Pride 33!
    saw it but not on ppv, watched it a few hours later on internet

LOL,

I couldnt agree with you more. I have nightmires just thinking about it.

yea i like couture but i almost wanted sylvia to win just so he could be destroyed by crocop, now its very likely gonna be crocop vs couture, before this fight i would have said absolutely no chance with him vs crocop but after randys performance tonight he has a chance but its gonna be small

Blog Entries
    yea i like couture but i almost wanted sylvia to win just so he could be destroyed by crocop, now its very likely gonna be crocop vs couture, before this fight i would have said absolutely no chance with him vs crocop but after randys performance tonight he has a chance but its gonna be small
    I think now Dana White has a decision to make about the future of the two fighters. I dont think he wants to see that fight happen or ever thought it would happen to be quit honest.

I think now Dana White has a decision to make about the future of the two fighters. I dont think he wants to see that fight happen or ever thought it would happen to be quit honest.

yea def not but its inevitable, crocop fights on ufc 70 , i think ufc 72 whenever it happens would be perfect time for couture vs sylvia assuming crocop wins at 70, i think the main thing will be how long if at all dana delays the fight, either giving couture somebody else for his next match or just going for the big fight with crocop

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Dana mentioned before this fight ever took place that CroCop would fight the winner.

So it is inevitable.
    ***No source checks!!!***

bently is offline Associate Member
    yeah im with you all on this one that was truly one of the best performances ive ever seen. im not the stand up and yell at the tv kinda guy but i was dancin and screaming through the whole fight. my wife was lau***ng at me. but i agree that randy will have his hands full with cro cop. in hind sight this fight with sylvia may have been a mismatch. not taking anything from randy he did his homework and fought his heart out. who knows i damn sure wouldnt bet against him.

jbarkley is offline Member
    It was the best UFC I have seen in along time with the exception of the Matt Hughes fight the fights were very outstanding. I've never seen Dana White so happy as he was at the end of the fight, he was congratulating Randy before they announced him winning....Dana sees better cards in the future with Randy winning the belt!

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I have nothing but respect for Randy Couture, he is still amazing and has plenty of fight left in him.

He seem to be a great person too.

Cro Cop vs Couture bring it on.

rooster101 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    All I have to say is for all those doubters never cant couture out.
    hate to say but i was one of those doubters. but boy am i happy for randy. 2 team quest fighters show that being one of top wrestlers in the world, is a good gate way to the top of the mma charts. and the way they got there explains why they called themselves Team Quest. i know randy doesnt wave the quest flag no more but he'll always be quest to me.
    Last edited by rooster101; 03-04-2007 at 12:31 PM.

sooners04 is online now Senior Member
    Couture was dominant against the heavyweight champ who really hasn't been tested. What does that say about Chuck Liddell who kicked Randy's butt. Chuck just became tougher IMO.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    In the prefight interviews when Tim said "he's 43, Im 31, he's an old man and Im in my prime" I wanted to see a full 5rd's of Randy grinding him down. I was almost dissapointed when Randy knocked Tim down 15 seconds in and got his back.

Sylvia should keep his mouth shut from now on to avoid saying dumbass shit. Better yet, he should roll around in a wheelchair and shout "Tim-eh" like the kid on southpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power
    In the prefight interviews when Tim said "he's 43, Im 31, he's an old man and Im in my prime" I wanted to see a full 5rd's of Randy grinding him down. I was almost dissapointed when Randy knocked Tim down 15 seconds in and got his back.

Sylvia should keep his mouth shut from now on to avoid saying dumbass shit. Better yet, he should roll around in a wheelchair and shout "Tim-eh" like the kid on southpark.
    i think alot of people would have had respect for him if he just would have said something like randy beat me, im gonna train hard and be back. instead we get i had an injury and it affected me, followed immediately by about 18998 fans booing, the other 2 being his mom and matt hughes

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Couture was dominant against the heavyweight champ who really hasn't been tested. What does that say about Chuck Liddell who kicked Randy's butt. Chuck just became tougher IMO.
    First of all perhaps you never heard of a guy named Ricco R that Tim knocked out to take the belt. Ricco was on a tear and a great fighter when Tim knocked him out. The Ricco win was by far the best win of tims career. Tim later beat andrei twice. Well Andrei is not world class he is a world class athlete that always makes him dangerous. Jeff Monson is a wash out in my opinion. The Mir loss was a fluke Tim took him down which was a bad mistake. Tim is a tested champion and I firmly believe still around 7-8 in the world.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    First of all perhaps you never heard of a guy named Ricco R that Tim knocked out to take the belt. Ricco was on a tear and a great fighter when Tim knocked him out. The Ricco win was by far the best win of tims career. Tim later beat andrei twice. Well Andrei is not world class he is a world class athlete that always makes him dangerous. Jeff Monson is a wash out in my opinion. The Mir loss was a fluke Tim took him down which was a bad mistake. Tim is a tested champion and I firmly believe still around 7-8 in the world.
    Agreed... and as stated above, he could easily have fan support if he would watch his mouth. We need more Randy's around, pure class... win or lose

yourmom is offline Associate Member
    Great fight. I would have paid for it, luckily I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power
    Agreed... and as stated above, he could easily have fan support if he would watch his mouth. We need more Randy's around, pure class... win or lose
    the whole militech team is loudmouths/poor losers besides pulver who is a class act. Militech is the like the american brazilian top team a bunch of cry babies who have excuses for when they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by jbarkley
    It was the best UFC I have seen in along time with the exception of the Matt Hughes fight the fights were very outstanding. I've never seen Dana White so happy as he was at the end of the fight, he was congratulating Randy before they announced him winning....Dana sees better cards in the future with Randy winning the belt!
    Lytle is very underated. This is the problem with the ufc is they dont keep guys around like lytle. You can just keep champions becouse every one needs a easy fight now and then. You need to keep journey men like lytle around who is still very good and at any time could go on a tear and get a shot at the belt.

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    the whole militech team is loudmouths/poor losers besides pulver who is a class act. Militech is the like the american brazilian top team a bunch of cry babies who have excuses for when they lose.
    doesnt Franklin train with them too? cause if so I dont think I'd put him in the category of a loudmouth/poor loser.

Quil is offline Member
    He has trained with them before...he's pretty good friends with Matt Hughes. But he officially trains out of Cincy..

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperoni
    doesnt Franklin train with them too? cause if so I dont think I'd put him in the category of a loudmouth/poor loser.

Have you met or competed against the entire TOP team? NOPE... so it's really not fair to group them ALL as cry babies because of a few of em.

p.s damn that avatar

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe the only cry baby from that camp is the guy in you're avatar. When Hughes lost his belt to GSP he didnt have an excuse, he said "i can deal with a loss." When Franklin lost to Silva he didnt have an excuse either even when he just recently shattered his hand and still needed ankle surgery. The only guy that is a big baby is Tim Sylvia. No one ever knew that he had an injury and if he blames that then he should have not taken this fight, Couture is just a better fighter IMO and his gameplan worked. Tim most likely wont get that belt back with Crocop around either.

Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    I believe the only cry baby from that camp is the guy in you're avatar. When Hughes lost his belt to GSP he didnt have an excuse, he said "i can deal with a loss." When Franklin lost to Silva he didnt have an excuse either even when he just recently shattered his hand and still needed ankle surgery. The only guy that is a big baby is Tim Sylvia. No one ever knew that he had an injury and if he blames that then he should have not taken this fight, Couture is just a better fighter IMO and his gameplan worked. Tim most likely wont get that belt back with Crocop around either.
    Franklin has trained with them but is not a member of there team he has stated that before. Robbie lawler is huge on making excuses. Matt hughes comment "I wish bj would have been in shape to go 5 rounds" when he knew damn well bj got injured or when he said he was relieved he lost his belt to bj? You dont call that poor sportsmenship?. His comments about not fighting in canada and such that is there three out of there four big names being poor losers and if you want to include franklin its still 3 out of 5 which puts them over 50%

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Franklin has trained with them but is not a member of there team he has stated that before. Robbie lawler is huge on making excuses. Matt hughes comment "I wish bj would have been in shape to go 5 rounds" when he knew damn well bj got injured or when he said he was relieved he lost his belt to bj? You dont call that poor sportsmenship?. His comments about not fighting in canada and such that is there three out of there four big names being poor losers and if you want to include franklin its still 3 out of 5 which puts them over 50%
    When Matt beat BJ he could talk all the shit he wants because he avenged a loss. He was getting his ass kicked the first two rounds and to come back and win the way he did gives him the right to talk shit IMO.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    trash talk in a sport like this doesn't surprise me but it has never impressed me either. Tim knocked randy as being old and never having a great showing in the heavy weight division which was just uncalled for.
    They were friends long before this fight so why talk bad about a friend all you heard from Randy was Tim has week spots and i will show you more or less.
    Yes Tim is a great striker 80 plus reach will help you out a lot but randy did the one thing few have been able to do he eliminated the sprawl! monsoon never tried to roll Tim he just shot over and over for that single leg.
    Randy killed his reach advantage which simply shut him down he has no idea what to do once randy started to man handle him in the clinch not to mention the over hand right Randy was landing at will.
    Tim said In prefight that randy always used to sweep his leg when they trained together but Tim could not stop him still.
    The comment about the injury after the loss was crap you could see how frustrated he was when randy was taking him down and working him over it was a great fight on Randy's behalf but Randy verse Crocop is not going to be pretty Crocops strikes are so multidimensional that I just do not see Randy walking away with the belt nor do i think Tim would have either.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    The Natural ... good for him

CroCop/Couture ........... can't wait for that shit

ALPHAMALE77 is offline Junior Member
    Come On Guys.....crocop..got Killed By Kevin Randalman...do Any Of Use Remember Him....if He Fights Like That Randy Will Murder That Fool.....no Disrespect To Crocop....but You Just Cant Say Randy Will Get Beat By Him....i Think That Randy Would Be A Threat At Any Weight In Any Ufc/pride Etc...he Just Proved He Is A Bad Man.....

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAMALE77
    Come On Guys.....crocop..got Killed By Kevin Randalman...do Any Of Use Remember Him....if He Fights Like That Randy Will Murder That Fool.....no Disrespect To Crocop....but You Just Cant Say Randy Will Get Beat By Him....i Think That Randy Would Be A Threat At Any Weight In Any Ufc/pride Etc...he Just Proved He Is A Bad Man.....
    first off ... turn the caps off

Mirko did lose to Randelman ... and then came back and choked him out in 41 seconds ... one loss doesn't mean shit

That was probably CroCop's worst performance ever ... he hasn't even come close to fighting that bad

The "new" CroCop should defeat Couture.

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAMALE77
    the first randleman vs crocop fight was a huge fluke, and crocop proved that when he beat him in the rematch quite easily. I feel a little bad for Randy because he put on a great performance against Tim, but he will lose to Crocop.

Quil is offline Member
    Randy Couture is my freaking hero...he is the epitome of class and sportsmanship, and he is extremely good for MMA and it's image in the media. That said, I don't see him getting past Cro Cop. Beating Sylvia is an amazing accomplishment, but Sylvia is just not on the same level as Mirko. I just hope that Randy can make it a good fight and not become another highlight reel KO for CC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information