nalbano34 is offline Member

Funny as hell arlovski fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw5B...elated&search=

The narration with Bas cracks me up.....and the outcome was a bit surprising. Great fight!

nalbano34 is offline Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIpC_...elated&search=

The guy is a freakin' idiot.......unbelievable.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Rofllllll......

jbarkley is offline Member
    That dudes out of his mind...

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Arlovski is also finished in the UFC. He is a runner!!!! Never seems to want to mix it up anymore!!

Vader79 is offline Junior Member
    Come off it Joe! Arlovski's no runner. He tore into everyone he fought in the UFC for 10 straight fights. You cant just forget about all that.

So he was overly cautious in the 3rd fight with Tim but he didn't run. Then he makes short work of Pe de Pano, no running there. Now he's a runner because he beat Werdum on points? You shouldn't be too hard on him for sticking to stratergy against Werdum. He didn't run, he just fought to his gameplan against one of the most dangerous submission artists in MMA, just look what Werdum did to Emelianenko and Overeem.

Harsh critics on these boards

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader79
    Come off it Joe! Arlovski's no runner. He tore into everyone he fought in the UFC for 10 straight fights. You cant just forget about all that.

So he was overly cautious in the 3rd fight with Tim but he didn't run. Then he makes short work of Pe de Pano, no running there. Now he's a runner because he beat Werdum on points? You shouldn't be too hard on him for sticking to stratergy against Werdum. He didn't run, he just fought to his gameplan against one of the most dangerous submission artists in MMA, just look what Werdum did to Emelianenko and Overeem.

Harsh critics on these boards
    Werdum has piss poor takedowns and AA hurt him and never moved in to finish. Pe de pano amazing grappler but that is it. AA has been fighting not to lose instead of fighting to win. I had hope for AA but right now he is low on the top ten heavyweight list.

Not sure I agree with you about 'piss poor takedowns', but even if that were true you can't deny that Werdum is one of the most dangerous submission grapplers in the world. He just won his weight class at ADCC (incidentally, by scoring 2 takedowns in the final). And the guy has never been stopped, so I can understand not taking the risk of pouncing for the finish, Werdum may have been hurt but he never appeared stunned.

I hear what people are saying I just know how much the win against Werdum meant for Arlovski's future. And a points win against Werdum has only ever been managed by Nog and Karthinov (sp?), not bad company to be in.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Its not boxing bro! Thats the draw of this sport! There are no Sugar Ray Leonard runners wearing belts in MMA.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader79
    Not sure I agree with you about 'piss poor takedowns', but even if that were true you can't deny that Werdum is one of the most dangerous submission grapplers in the world. He just won his weight class at ADCC (incidentally, by scoring 2 takedowns in the final). And the guy has never been stopped, so I can understand not taking the risk of pouncing for the finish, Werdum may have been hurt but he never appeared stunned.

I hear what people are saying I just know how much the win against Werdum meant for Arlovski's future. And a points win against Werdum has only ever been managed by Nog and Karthinov (sp?), not bad company to be in.
    Most bjj guys have horrible takedowns and look good against other bjj guys when it comes to takedowns. Did you see his shots? he did not set them up he just shot out of desperation. Very very few bjj guys have good takedowns, some do like Arona or Filho but even there mechanics are not good just alot of athleticism. Also I mean Alex has been submitted for most of his loses. I mean he was getting tooled by overeem before overeem gassed lost to a injured Karthinov. I am just not impressed by Werdum and yes he has horrible takedowns. But you are right that he is a dangerous sub grappler.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Most bjj guys have horrible takedowns and look good against other bjj guys when it comes to takedowns. Did you see his shots? he did not set them up he just shot out of desperation. Very very few bjj guys have good takedowns, some do like Arona or Filho but even there mechanics are not good just alot of athleticism. Also I mean Alex has been submitted for most of his loses. I mean he was getting tooled by overeem before overeem gassed lost to a injured Karthinov. I am just not impressed by Werdum and yes he has horrible takedowns. But you are right that he is a dangerous sub grappler.
    Alex had only lost twice before he met Werdum. He'd been subbed once before (by Barnett), and knocked out once (by Mirko). That win indicates that Werdum is seriously dangerous. Also with Overeem, that was kind of my point. Overeem was winning nicely before they hit the ground and werdum lock up the kimura from the bottom (not easy to finish). I guess what I'm saying is Werdum is a bad man. He has finished tough guys with turn around submissions. He was also the betting favorate against Arlovski. I can forgive Arlovski for only beating Werdum with a dull and slightly cautious points win.

but again, I do see where you guys are coming from. I hope he gets back to the agressive seek and destroy form he used to show.

Thread Information