2009camaro is offline New Member

Where to train in OC?

I want to start training just for fun, but it seems all gyms are pretty much a big investment and doing it just for fun wouldn't make much sense. I know there is gracie jiu-jitsu in torrance, but that is somewhat of a drive for me. LA Boxing has a "Chuck Liddell MMA training class" but I went and checked it out and it seems like a group tae-bo type class.

Where can I get more one-on-one training? I wanna start chasing chickens around in a back alley and punching some frozen cows, not dancing to music next to a heavy bag.

My main focus would be boxing as well as some ground work as I used to wrestle. Any suggestions for orange county CA?

Idunno is offline Banned
    I train in Torrance at the Gracie Academy and they are great. for being such large classses sometimes, you really get some good one-on-one-type attention. They are really good about relating the info, showing the moves and counters several times and answering all questions. I live in Torrance and I drive to OC somewhat frequently and I have to say that I'd make the drive to train with these guys even if I lived in the IE as some people who train there do...

Unfortunately though, they don't do much chicken chasing or cow punching.. though they do have locker rooms where you COULD beat your meat if you really wanted to.... Their new school location is AWESOME and includes a really nice museum in honor of the Gracie legacy and houses some really great facilities. check it out sometime if you're interested.. they give you a 10 day free trial.
    Last edited by Idunno; 05-21-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Thread Information